Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Perfect week to experiment with Tebow at RB...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect week to experiment with Tebow at RB...

I've been dying for this since I heard we got him, ideally fullback is where I truly believe he would excel. For one thing he would never leave the field, we already know he can block, and playing him at fullback opens up the possibility of a gimmick throw here and there.

On a side note, I think Hilliard can play RB and not embarrass himself at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we may have to, out of necessity.

nobody really expects Greene to sustain the level he showed on Sunday and this isn't exactly the type of game you trust to a rookie UDFA who's been with the team less than a month.

Jets will want to maximize time of possession to keep the Pasts* offense off the field. with Powell and McKnight both out, i think we'll see a lot of Tebow this Sunday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You beat the Pats by moving the chains through the air & keeping TB12 on the sideline.
    Tebow is a great blocker & is big enough to keep Sanchez clean so he can scan the field.
    With time to throw Mark should be able to rip this crappy secondary a new one.
    Jets need to throw the Kitchen sink at the Pats this week.

Hurry up will keep their 1st down fattys on the field, Wilfork & Love
    Tire them out & run the chit out of the ball in the 2nd half with Greene & Tebow.
    Maybe Grimes will play & actually run through a hole like McKnight did on that long run.
    If we play fast it might help Mark get into a groove like he did in the 1st game vs Bills.
    I mean really, the Bills secondary is better than this Pats bunch.

Pats are lucky Rogers isn't coming to town, he'd be licking his chops after what he did to those Texans & believe me the Pats front 7 are no where near as good.
    Last edited by jetster; 10-16-2012 at 05:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I've been dying for this since I heard we got him, ideally fullback is where I truly believe he would excel. For one thing he would never leave the field, we already know he can block, and playing him at fullback opens up the possibility of a gimmick throw here and there.

On a side note, I think Hilliard can play RB and not embarrass himself at all.
    Agree about Hilliard & the Pats are not a particularly FAST defense.
    Hills presence changes EVERYTHING, Pats are not use to the Jets having a guy with that kind of speed on the outside.
    Even without Holmes, Jets wideouts are better than the group the Pats saw last year.
    Hill, Kerley, Schillens, Keller, Hill

Sanchez could go to ANYONE now, where before BB just took out Keller & knew that Sanchez would force it to Holmes.
    Keller needs to earn his new contract on Sunday!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene carried it 32 times against the Colts. With his style of running...that has to have taken something out of him. So it makes sense to use Tebow in the running game as a back.

Also...I would expect to see more of the wildcat. With Tebow aggressively attacking the Pats with the pass, as well as the run, in these packages.

Jets can't hold anything back...cause this game is for the AFCE.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes this is where the jets were hoping they would be heading into this game. It has turned out to be a great opportunity for the Jets and it is time they open up the playbook on Tebow all the way. We will definitely see more of him now that the RB options are limited. It isn't a game where they can just throw in a replacement that signed this week. They will need Tebow and why not use him? This game should take on a playoff atmosphere and I am looking forward to seeing if the Jets can hold the challenge.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    You beat the Pats by moving the chains through the air & keeping TB12 on the sideline.
    Tebow is a great blocker & is big enough to keep Sanchez clean so he can scan the field.
    With time to throw Mark should be able to rip this crappy secondary a new one.
    Jets need to throw the Kitchen sink at the Pats this week.

Hurry up will keep their 1st down fattys on the field, Wilfork & Love
    Tire them out & run the chit out of the ball in the 2nd half with Greene & Tebow.
    fattys?

Is that you, Ray Lucas?