Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bears Cut Former 1st Round Pick OL Chris Williams

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the bears did the super bowl shuffle maybe the jets are doing the practice squad shuffle.
    Sometimes I think Tannenbaum is in love with the idea of one of these scrubs suddenly evolving into a solid starter and he can be lauded as a personnel genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Sometimes I think Tannenbaum is in love with the idea of one of these scrubs suddenly evolving into a solid starter and he can be lauded as a personnel genius.
    The Scrub-o-rama..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    FYI, do you guys remember bongo? Chris Williams is his son. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    Ah, ya beat me to it. I thought Williams was his nephew though.
    I don't think he was his son - it was more like a god son/nephew/close family friend type thing.

Its hard to figure out what was real with Bongo, but I'm pretty sure he said that his son played WITH Williams and was very close with him.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't think he was his son - it was more like a god son/nephew/close family friend type thing.

Its hard to figure out what was real with Bongo, but I'm pretty sure he said that his son played WITH Williams and was very close with him.
    Was it son or sopne?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Was it son or sopne?
    It was either his sopne or his Nephne - one or the other. Or maybe neither. That guy was more full of sh!t than anyone I've ever met (save for one guy I know).

Btw, he has now moved on to even more hysterical nonsense, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Don't we want a GM with that mindset? "Look under every stone"?

Of course, if that's his ONLY method of finding talent, we're in trouble. But I like having the Maybins and Howards on this team. It'll fail more often than it succeeds, but it's the successes that make it all worth it . . .

2008 Pre-draft scouting report....Not sure he fits Sparano's scheme.

BIOGRAPHY: Three-year starter who played left guard as a sophomore before moving to tackle the following season. All-Conference selection the past two years.

POSITIVES: Smart, athletic lineman with terrific size. Blocks with good lean, flashes power and turns defenders off the ball. Technically sound with his hands, jolts opponents with good punch and strong at the point. Keeps his feet moving throughout the action, seals the edge with good body positioning and patient in pass protection. Makes terrific use of angles and displays above-average lateral blocking range with the ability to protect the blindside.

NEGATIVES: More of a finesse blocker and does not play with a nasty attitude. Does not present himself as a dominant drive blocking lineman.

ANALYSIS: Williams has shown terrific progress the past two years and comes off an outstanding post-season performing well at both the Senior Bowl and combine. He offers terrific upside and has the ability to quickly develop into a starter at the next level. Williams is first round material and the arrow is pointing north for him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/30531.html