Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Tebo and Week 7

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,336
    Post Thanks / Like

    Tebo and Week 7

    Folks, I think the gloves are finally coming off this Sunday. I'm looking for Sanchez and Tebow to line up together quite often. You will see Tebow line as a running back, he will throw, he will be a decoy, he will be Sanchez's protrctor, and yes the gimics will come out. I really believe week 7 is Tebow time.
    Last edited by CGJET; 10-16-2012 at 08:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's Tebo?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Who's Tebo?
    Fixed thanks.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the LAST game Tebow should be heavily involved in. We need to score and do it often and quickly. While I understand Mark has been god awful lately we at least know he's capable of it. Running Option is not going to put 30+ points on the board ever.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    Fixed thanks.
    The thread title still says Tebo but don't worry. We know who you meant.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    This is the LAST game Tebow should be heavily involved in. We need to score and do it often and quickly. While I understand Mark has been god awful lately we at least know he's capable of it. Running Option is not going to put 30+ points on the board ever.
    Couldnt be further from the truth. First off, there is no way that Mark will be able to win a shootout with Brady, so running the ball and controlling the clock with Tebow is a good plan. You want to keep Brady off the field as much as you can. Secondly, Tebow running his offense creates opportunities to complete deep passes. In order to stop the Wildcat defenses must commit extra players to the running game, so there are always one on one opportunities and chances to throw deep.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    Folks, I think the gloves are finally coming off this Sunday. I'm looking for Sanchez and Tebow to line up together quite often. You will see Tebow line as a running back, he will throw, he will be a decoy, he will be Sanchez's protrctor, and yes the gimics will come out. I really believe week 7 is Tebow time.
    Agree. Game planning against cheaters takes skill, luck along with the element of surprise. If I were the team this week, I'd pay the fines, not allow the media to talk to my players and knuckle down for some smashmouth football with an all hands on deck attitude. Use Tebow, Cro, hell sign Ocho in time for him to be eligible on Sunday and beat the pasties by being the better team. The Jets can do this and LadyLuck is on their side.

    (-;

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were posts way back predicting we would hold our best option\wildcat\whatever back for the Pats. I have a feelin'

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    There were posts way back predicting we would hold our best option\wildcat\whatever back for the Pats. I have a feelin'
    We are getting shut out no matter what Tim Tebow does. Joe Montana couldn't put up 3 with these offensive "weapons".

    SAR I

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are getting shut out no matter what Tim Tebow does. Joe Montana couldn't put up 3 with these offensive "weapons".

    SAR I
    SAR for Mod of the Blind Homer Cult forum! (-;

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow would be a disaster at RB.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are getting shut out no matter what Tim Tebow does. Joe Montana couldn't put up 3 with these offensive "weapons".

    SAR I
    I'm curious to see how Sparano calls this game on Sunday.

    in the past, and for reasons beyond all comprehension (other than Schitty being ****ty), we have not taken advantage of NEs weak secondary. some games we didn't even attempt a single deep pass.

    Sparano hasn't been shy about dialing up the deep ball this season, albeit with limited success due to bad throws and bad drops. with Hill healthy and Schilens rounding into form, I hope to see us attacking downfield a few times this week.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    I'm curious to see how Sparano calls this game on Sunday.

    in the past, and for reasons beyond all comprehension (other than Schitty being ****ty), we have not taken advantage of NEs weak secondary. some games we didn't even attempt a single deep pass.

    Sparano hasn't been shy about dialing up the deep ball this season, albeit with limited success due to bad throws and bad drops. with Hill healthy and Schilens rounding into form, I hope to see us attacking downfield a few times this week.
    +1. Go for it!!

    Only one issue...Sanchez usually sucks after a good game. Last game, he was actually very accurate and it shocked everyone. His inconsistant play is the issue here. I hope he can put a string of these games together. Would make for a nice run.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    New England's pass defense has been downright atrocious. This is the exact wrong time to suddenly turn to a "heavy dosage of Tebow". We should be picking on this Patriot secondary by taking several shots down field.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    +1. Go for it!!

    Only one issue...Sanchez usually sucks after a good game. Last game, he was actually very accurate and it shocked everyone. His inconsistant play is the issue here. I hope he can put a string of these games together. Would make for a nice run.
    How sad is it that we think 11-19 is accurate?

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been thinking that the Jets had this master plan all along to fight their way through the first six weeks and then unveil their good Wildcat material for the first time against NE to beat them in their house.

    But that's just a really stupid strategy, right? Can't be true, right?

    Also, I just can't be sure if the "good" material is actually good.

    Perhaps the Jets will run a fake everytime they lineup to punt?
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 10-17-2012 at 08:50 AM.

  17. #17
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    357
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we get out to an early lead, I'm all for Tebow. AND LOTS OF TEBOW!! I think last Sunday's 4th quarter shouldv'e been a lot of Tebow. Just hate to see games where playcallers and coordinators go up 20+ and still have qbs drop back throwing the ball.(not saying we'll go up 20 but if we go up 9 or 10 on NE- TEBOW) If at any point Sunday, we have the ball with the lead, Sparano's gotta get creative with the running game. Fake Double Reverse, Wildcat, option attack, Direct snap to RB whatever.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    New England's pass defense has been downright atrocious. This is the exact wrong time to suddenly turn to a "heavy dosage of Tebow". We should be picking on this Patriot secondary by taking several shots down field.
    Why are they mutually exclusive? Tebow in the backfield means the D has to hold back in case of the run. So more one on one coverage and chances to beat their secondary.

    We are getting shut out no matter what Tim Tebow does. Joe Montana couldn't put up 3 with these offensive "weapons".

    SAR I
    And who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

    Pats are 3-3, I can see another blowout like our revenge game last year.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    +1. Go for it!!

    Only one issue...Sanchez usually sucks after a good game. Last game, he was actually very accurate and it shocked everyone. His inconsistant play is the issue here. I hope he can put a string of these games together. Would make for a nice run.
    Just to be clear, Sanchez threw for 89 yards last week. If we're calling that a good game this team is in more trouble than I thought.

    He's going to need to put up 300+ this week to win.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us