Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimini speculates there's a small chance Tebow could be traded soon

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Cimini speculates there's a small chance Tebow could be traded soon

I'd say a 0.04% chance...but interesting speculation nonetheless.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...t-affect-tebow

Does QB tryout affect Tebow?

An interesting name came across the NFL transactions wire Tuesday -- free-agent QB Kevin O'Connell, who worked out for the Jets.

Once upon a time -- September, 2009 -- the Jets traded for O'Connell, in part, because they opened against the Patriots and they wanted to pick his brain for Patriots intel. He was drafted by the Patriots and spent the previous year on their roster. It just so happens the Jets face their AFC East rival this week, but he's too far removed from that situation to be of any help.

So why would the Jets bring in O'Connell for a look-see? This is a player they've said goodbye to on three different occasions. Their depth chart is filled, with Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow and Greg McElroy So why?

Make no mistake, this wasn't random. GM Mike Tannenbaum isn't a random kind of guy; there had to be a reason. Which raises a question: With the trading deadline only two weeks away, is there a chance the Jets could trade Tebow and make Greg McElroy the No. 2?

Rex Ryan already is on record as saying the Wildcat hasn't been as successful as he expected. There also have been rumblings that Tebow is frustrated by his smaller-than-anticipated role. The man has played only 50 offensive snaps in six games, making more of an impact as a personal protector on the punt team than on offense. It has become quite clear that Ryan doesn't know how to use him or never wanted him in the first place.

I found it interesting that Patriots coach Bill Belichick delivered a virtual filibuster Tuesday on the value of Tebow, detailing all the different ways he's supposedly helping the Jets -- if only it were true. It almost seemed like Belichick was exaggerating Tebow's importance to tweak the Jets for under-utilizing him.

Obviously, they'd be admitting a colossal mistake by trading Tebow. Plus, we know owner Woody Johnson is a big Tebow fan. For those reasons, a trade is highly unlikely. Plus, who'd want him? Maybe we're reading too much into O'Connell's workout, but you have to know that everything happens for a reason inside the big building in Florham Park.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can only hope..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow <-> MJD

Get it done please. Fix your run game and let my boy go home.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL no

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love for this to happen, but Woody wouldn't sign off on it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Tebow <-> MJD

Get it done please. Fix your run game and let my boy go home.
    I love tebow, but would trade him in a second plus picks for mjd.

Shonn Greene is terrible and one game doesn't change that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Agreed. He just said about a week ago that Tebow's here for 3 years. I'd love to see us move Tebow for an experienced RB or WR though. Tebow and a 6th for MJD?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    I love tebow, but would trade him in a second plus picks for mjd.
    +1

Tebow can be a difference maker for the Jets on about 4 or 5 plays per game. MJD has the potential to be a difference maker 20+ times per game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Agreed. He just said about a week ago that Tebow's here for 3 years. I'd love to see us move Tebow for an experienced RB or WR though. Tebow and a 6th for MJD?
    It feels like it was just last week that Cimini was tweeting that he had never seen tebow throw so much in pregame warmups and that big changes must be afoot.

Oh wait, it was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe they trade sanchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the ongoing fascination with Kevin O'Connell.

But if it shakes up the QB lineup in any way I'm for it. Well except for the third stringer. He's solid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

But if it shakes up the QB lineup in any way I'm for it. Well except for the third stringer. He's solid.
    lol

We always love what's behind Door #3....it's the mystery of the unknown.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I though Tebow was a team player? Why is he frustrated.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

Me neither, never understood what's so great about this guy.

Looks like another meaningles speculative article from Cimini. A small chance of this happening you say Richie? Way to go out on a limb man... Nothing to see here...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    So would I. Trade Tebow and get as much value as possible out of him. Promote Greg McElroy to number ONE. Make Sanchez the backup. Sign O'Connell and allow him to compete for the rest of the season straight up with Sanchez to see who is most deserving to be the number 2 QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody, give us MJD! Would do the trade in a heartbeat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are we working out a guy who we got rid of as if we know nothing about him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    maybe they trade sanchez
    Maybe we will all win the lottery ... Unfortunately this won't happen because of his silly salary.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would the Jets try out O'Connell? They've had him 3 differennt times. What would they learn by watching him throw the ball?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets trade Tebow now it would show how clueless they have been IMO.

I was firmly against the Tebow trade in the begining but he is not the problem with the Jets performances to date!!!!

He isn't responsible for Sanchez's being inaccurate so far this year, WRs running the wrong routes, RBs who except for one game being well below average, the drops, the LBs being old and slow, the Jets until the last game being unwilling to put in the young defensive talent for enough snaps and on and on...

No, Tebow has been from a distance, a good temate and a player who is exciting and has tried hard when he is out there. Should he be the starting QB IMO again no, but to somehow act like he has been holding this team back after the Jets went out to get him would be disgraceful....

They would have to get a quality offensive player for it to make sense to me.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-17-2012 at 08:08 AM.