Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cimini speculates there's a small chance Tebow could be traded soon

Jacksonville is 1-4, Gabbert has been very average...

If the Jets lose to the Pats and are able to get a better pick than a 4th, then you go for it.

The team is one step,from rebuilding mode and needs picks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If the Jets trade Tebow now it would show how clueless they have been IMO.

I was firmly against the Tebow trade in the begining but he is not the problem with the Jets performances to date!!!!

He isn't responsible for Sanchez's being inaccurate so far this year, WRs running the wrong routes, RBs who except for one game being well below average, the drops, the LBs being old and slow, the Jets until the last game being unwilling to put in the young defensive talent for enough snaps and on and on...

No, Tebow has been from a distance, a good temate and a player who is exciting and has tried hard when he is out there. Should he be the starting QB IMO again no, but to somehow act like he has been holding this team back after the Jets went out to get him would be disgraceful....

They would have to get a quality offensive player for it to make sense to me.
    You say temate, I say tomato.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If the Jets trade Tebow now it would show how clueless they have been IMO.

I was firmly against the Tebow trade in the begining but he is not the problem with the Jets performances to date!!!!

He isn't responsible for Sanchez's being inaccurate so far this year, WRs running the wrong routes, RBs who except for one game being well below average, the drops, the LBs being old and slow, the Jets until the last game being unwilling to put in the young defensive talent for enough snaps and on and on...

No, Tebow has been from a distance, a good temate and a player who is exciting and has tried hard when he is out there. Should he be the starting QB IMO again no, but to somehow act like he has been holding this team back after the Jets went out to get him would be disgraceful....

They would have to get a quality offensive player for it to make sense to me.
    I would love to see Tebow traded for a 3rd or 4th rounder....or MJD.

All League
    That would be amazing, but woody would never let it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Jacksonville is 1-4, Gabbert has been very average...

If the Jets lose to the Pats and are able to get a better pick than a 4th, then you go for it.

The team is one step,from rebuilding mode and needs picks.
    This.

If we get a 4th or better, than how was this a "failed experiment"? If we walk away with > what we started with, how would that be a bad thing?

I'm still hoping we've been holding back for the NE game. Not saying it's true, but it would help explain why we've been so ineffective at using Tebow's strengths.

But if we walk away with a 4th or better I don't look back . . .

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Why would the Jets try out O'Connell? They've had him 3 differennt times. What would they learn by watching him throw the ball?
    Sparano might want to check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Sparano might want to check him out.
    Two guys who can compare how much they don't belong in the NFL.

Far far more likely: with the injuries at rb and fb, they are considering tebow as a lead or secondary rusher, and need a new #3 qb.

But that wouldn't sell clicks to the gossipy ESPN.com.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A first round RB would be cheaper than MJD

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This story is based on nothing. Absolutely nothing. Sports writers are such hacks.

more cimini BS.

However, a tebow and greene trade for MJD would be awesome!! (not realistic though)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Far far more likely: with the injuries at rb and fb, they are considering tebow as a lead or secondary rusher, and need a new #3 qb.

This!

Baseless speculation is baseless.

We're down what, three RB's?

Tim Tebow, for us, thus far....is a RB.

Outcome:

Tim Tebow is listed on the Depth Chart as a RB. RB's can still throw as many passes as they like (not that Tebow will).

Meanwhile, Jets sign O'Connell as the #3, move McElroy to #2, and keep Tebow (the real #2) and Sanchez (#1) both.

That, or it's a "O'Connell > McElroy" situation.

Or, it could be they trade Tebow, but I don't see it happening, and definitely not for MJD strait up. Want MJD, great, trade away next years #1 with Tebow and it might happen. I don't make that trade sitting at 3-3 with a very below average Sanchez at #1 QB.

Why would the Jets try out O'Connell? They've had him 3 differennt times. What would they learn by watching him throw the ball?
    just to make sure he hasn't put a 12 pack on..

All League
    The only way Tebow gets traded is if a team calls the Jets and blows them away with an offer.

One week cimini says the jets are close to starting Tebow over Sanchez and now the jets are close to trading Tebow. He just spews Crap from his arse.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post

THIS!

Veteran
    The best part of this story is the part where it says McElroy will be the #2. Other then that, garbage.

i can see it now: Jets trade Tebow + picks for MJD, whom they can now afford to pay because the Revis extension won't happen for another 2 years (if ever).

without the constant hounding of the Tebow speculation and with the help of a new-found "Ground and Pound" attack, Sanchez flourishes and leads the Jets through a winning stretch, entering the month of December with a record of 8-4.

December 9th rolls around -- Jets @ Jaguars.

Tebow unleashes the Wrath of Jeebus on the Jets, a demoralized squad loses all its remaining games to finish the season 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

SOJ

To see if he's in (football) shape?