Thread: Who returns Kicks this week?

Who returns Kicks this week?

Special teams, and specifically kick returns, have been a solid area of the team so far in 2012 and we need that to continue vs NE. However, at this point, given our injuries, Cro and Kerley are too valuable to put back there on kick returns.

Grimes was a returner in college, but that was more due to the lack of competition in my opinion as he runs 4.5ish 40.

Gates (if healthy) has a lot of speed and could take one of the 2 open spots (mcknight and powell) on the gameday roster.

Jason Hill also could be intersting as he is a fast/quick player, although Im not sure if he has any experience returning.

Kyle Wilson was a Punt returner in college and has occaisonally worked there in the pros, but also falls under the "defensively valuable" category with Revis already out.

Thoughts?

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    It will be #31. Case closed

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Whoever it is will muff at least one. Cro seems the likely candidate though.

If we need a big return at the end of the game, Im ok with Cro back there, but to give him 4-5 returns seems irresponsible given what he now means to the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If we need a big return at the end of the game, Im ok with Cro back there, but to give him 4-5 returns seems irresponsible given what he now means to the defense.
    Percy Harvin and Sproles are just as important to their teams and they go back on kickoffs all the time. Also Patrick Peterson, Welker and Dez Bryant return punts (which is far more dangerous imo).

If we have another viable option, i will be all for it, but if not I am ok with Cro.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Percy Harvin and Sproles are just as important to their teams and they go back on kickoffs all the time. Also Patrick Peterson, Welker and Dez Bryant return punts (which is far more dangerous imo).

If we have another viable option, i will be all for it, but if not I am ok with Cro.

This.

I mean it's not like Cro is going to gas or anything. He's a tremendous athlete and wouldn't mind more opportunities to have the football in his hands to make a play.