Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/17

Jets Tweets & Info 10/17

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets S Eric Smith (knee sprain) likely to miss Sunday's game vs Patriots. Expect rookie Antonio Allen to sub in again.

Put S Eric Smith in "high pain tolerance" category. Was playing all season w/torn ligaments & bone chips in hip before knee sprain, I'm told

great news.. no offense Eric you just suck

Cimini: Scouting report: Early look at the Pats

Two words that always increase the heart rate of every Jets fan -- Patriots week. Let's take a quick look at the Belichicks:

1. The big news about the Patriots is they're 3-3, coming off a brutal road loss to the Seahawks. The last time they didn't have a winning record after six games was 2003, when they were also 3-3.

2. As you know, every team in the AFC East is 3-3. This is the first time in 25 years that every team in a division enters a week with the same record in Week 6 or later, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

3. Yes, the Patriots already have equalled their loss total from last season, but keep in mind they've lost by a combined total of only four points -- two points to the Cards, one point to the Ravens and one point to the Seahawks.

4. It wouldn't be a surprise if Tom Brady's arm is tired this week. He threw a career-high 58 passes in Seattle. Brady still is Brady (97.1 passer rating), but he made a few bad decisions and his pass protection continues to be spotty (13 sacks).

5. The Patriots' up-tempo offense is operating at a breakneck pace. They've run a league-high 471 plays, nearly 100 more than their opponents. They've recorded at least 440 total yards in three straight games, tied for the longest single-season streak of the Brady-Bill Belichick era. They average a league-high 8.2 yards on first-and-10 pass plays. WR Wes Welker continues to be a pain in the rear, with 48 receptions for 622 yards and two touchdowns.

6. Despite Brady's greatness, the Patriots have become run reliant -- just like, you know, normal teams. They're 3-0 when designed rushes make up at least half their plays, 0-3 when they don't.

7. Their pass defense ... ugh! Year after year, it continues to haunt the Patriots. You'd think a coach as smart as Belichick would be able to solve the problem, but injuries and poor play have left the secondary a mess. They're allowing 288 passing yards per game, as opposing QBs have thrown 15 TDs for a 100.9 passer rating.

8. A defensive bright spot is rookie DE Chandler Jones, who was drafted after Quinton Coples and already has five sacks. Go ahead, groan Jets fans.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Patriots have 27% more 1st downs than next closest team. NE averages 81 offensive plays per game. Jets D on field 81+ times once (in OT gm)

Ground & Pound Patriots: New England gained more rushing 1st downs (37) in 2 wins over Bills & Broncos than Jets have all season (33) #nyj
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-17-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    great news.. no offense Eric you just suck
    Saying he sucks is painting with an overly large brush. He doesn't suck. He simply doesn't warrant being a starting safety. Considering we now have two (more than) competent safties, the team had the luxury of using Smith effectively. In his limited role, he has been very good. He's a very good STer and he's a good 3rd down SS/LB hybrid. He's good in coverage within 10 yards of the LOS - he's simply not good at going backwards or playing CF.

If we keep him in positions where he can succeed, he's a very good ballplayer. If you want to say he's a bit overpaid at this point, I'll buy that. I suspect his salary will come down next year if he wants to stay on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Two words that always increase the heart rate of every Jets fan -- Patriots week. Let's take a quick look at the Belichicks:

1. The big news about the Patriots is they're 3-3, coming off a brutal road loss to the Seahawks. The last time they didn't have a winning record after six games was 2003, when they were also 3-3.

2. As you know, every team in the AFC East is 3-3. This is the first time in 25 years that every team in a division enters a week with the same record in Week 6 or later, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

3. Yes, the Patriots already have equalled their loss total from last season, but keep in mind they've lost by a combined total of only four points -- two points to the Cards, one point to the Ravens and one point to the Seahawks.

4. It wouldn't be a surprise if Tom Brady's arm is tired this week. He threw a career-high 58 passes in Seattle. Brady still is Brady (97.1 passer rating), but he made a few bad decisions and his pass protection continues to be spotty (13 sacks).

5. The Patriots' up-tempo offense is operating at a breakneck pace. They've run a league-high 471 plays, nearly 100 more than their opponents. They've recorded at least 440 total yards in three straight games, tied for the longest single-season streak of the Brady-Bill Belichick era. They average a league-high 8.2 yards on first-and-10 pass plays. WR Wes Welker continues to be a pain in the rear, with 48 receptions for 622 yards and two touchdowns.

6. Despite Brady's greatness, the Patriots have become run reliant -- just like, you know, normal teams. They're 3-0 when designed rushes make up at least half their plays, 0-3 when they don't.

7. Their pass defense ... ugh! Year after year, it continues to haunt the Patriots. You'd think a coach as smart as Belichick would be able to solve the problem, but injuries and poor play have left the secondary a mess. They're allowing 288 passing yards per game, as opposing QBs have thrown 15 TDs for a 100.9 passer rating.

8. A defensive bright spot is rookie DE Chandler Jones, who was drafted after Quinton Coples and already has five sacks. Go ahead, groan Jets fans.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter
    Lots to exploit here and a lot of hungrey young guys on our team right now. I smell blowout and another week of Brady pouty-face

Veteran
    This game scares the crap out of me.

I know were ground and pound (hardly), but I hope our coaches attack their weakness.
    Thanks for the insight!

Deb ‏@LilMissNYJet
    According to @PFF - D’Brick ranks #14 with 96.5% pass block efficiency, Howard ranks #52 with 91.1%….. Hunter ranks #51.

Only time will tell, but for now I'll take three losses to Pitt, SF, and Houston over three to Arizona, Baltimore and Seattle.

Doesn't mean I think they're "ripe for the slaughter", but the competition should be taken into account . . .

Deb ‏@LilMissNYJet
    According to @PFF - D’Brick ranks #14 with 96.5% pass block efficiency, Howard ranks #52 with 91.1%….. Hunter ranks #51.
    Doesn't matter.

Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>> Turn-stile Hunter.

It's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Only time will tell, but for now I'll take three losses to Pitt, SF, and Houston over three to Arizona, Baltimore and Seattle.

Doesn't mean I think they're "ripe for the slaughter", but the competition should be taken into account . . .
    You would take a 34-0 blowout loss at home to the 49ers to a 1-point loss on the road?

The only loss on the Pats' resume that is starting to look pretty bad is the loss to Arizona at home. That's the only game where the Pats were outplayed (and still only lost by 2), whereas the Jets have been thoroughly outplayed in 2 out of 3 of their losses.

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Schilens has 12 catches on 16 targets. Reliable 3rd down target. Valuable part of passing game

Hall Of Fame
    Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Schilens has 12 catches on 16 targets. Reliable 3rd down target. Valuable part of passing game
    I think this could be a huge game for Schilens. I think the Pats will pay a lot of attention to Hill and Keller, and leave some good opportunities for Schilens to make some plays.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Saying he sucks is painting with an overly large brush. He doesn't suck. He simply doesn't warrant being a starting safety. Considering we now have two (more than) competent safties, the team had the luxury of using Smith effectively. In his limited role, he has been very good. He's a very good STer and he's a good 3rd down SS/LB hybrid. He's good in coverage within 10 yards of the LOS - he's simply not good at going backwards or playing CF.

If we keep him in positions where he can succeed, he's a very good ballplayer. If you want to say he's a bit overpaid at this point, I'll buy that. I suspect his salary will come down next year if he wants to stay on the team.
    Now I think about , you bought up some good points. You make me realise that HE Sucks!!

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Chandler Jones, who was on the #Jets radar during the draft, played every snap for the #Patriots on Sunday. Coples played 77% of snaps. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think this could be a huge game for Schilens. I think the Pats will pay a lot of attention to Hill and Keller, and leave some good opportunities for Schilens to make some plays.
    Schilens has talent, that was never an issue. The issue is that he's made of glass.

He's an asset on the field when he's healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where the heck has Raiderfan been?

I haven't seen him in weeks. His boy is actually playing very well for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

No, he just sucks.

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    #Ravens place Ray Lewis on the injured reserve list with a designation to return, which means he could possibly come back this season.

RT @Ravens: Terrell Suggs will practice today, meaning he's coming off the PUP list.