Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/17

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MarcusDowtin: When you get the call, it's time to ball. #ImpatientlyWaiting

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    So now the everyone knows when he calls a corner route it's a back shoulder throw and the CB can jump the route. Can we leave these update tweeties out of the public eye. Mark throws enough bad balls, please don't help the opposition any further figuring out his game. just saying
    Are you kidding? Top QBs can throw back shoulder throws in their sleep and CBs can't do anything about it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    So now the everyone knows when he calls a corner route it's a back shoulder throw and the CB can jump the route. Can we leave these update tweeties out of the public eye. Mark throws enough bad balls, please don't help the opposition any further figuring out his game. just saying
    Hopefully they don't tweet about the Jets practicing their kicking game. Otherwise the Pats will know exactly what we're doing on 4th down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL....except how does the corner KNOW its a back shoulder throw? Because the Jets practiced them? Come on now, the media doesnt see anything in practice that the team doesnt want them to. Only the first 30 minutes are accessible to the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Are you kidding? Top QBs can throw back shoulder throws in their sleep and CBs can't do anything about it.
    This. Plus, it's very hard to jump a back shoulder throw because the receiver's body is generally between the defender and ball on such throws. That's why they're so important. When thrown properly they are essentially interception proof.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    This. Plus, it's very hard to jump a back shoulder throw because the receiver's body is generally between the defender and ball on such throws. That's why they're so important. When thrown properly they are essentially interception proof.
    Very true. They are also require a lot of practice.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news, Brady was seen practicing interceptions

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex said the #jets liked Coples over Chandler Jones because they wanted a more inside pass rusher #nyj
    So they were expecting to find another Warren Sapp? First off, Coples would need to gain MASSIVE WEIGHT to be that Pass rusher that Rex wants. He would have to overpower one guy in the inside and avoid being slowed down by another who is helping.

What this team NEEDS is an OUTSIDE/EDGE Pass Rusher like Abraham was for us.

Right, because Bellichek surfs the net and hangs out in this forum reading our "intelligent" discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm guessing it's the 1-4 record and the overall suck factor that explains this.
    My guess is Raidersfan is either on the Lakers messageboard bragging about how they will win a title with Dwight Howard OR most likely waiting for the NHL Lockout to end so that he can go cheer for a Championship team in LA(The Kings).

the NFL hasn't been kind to him this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    First off, Coples would need to gain MASSIVE WEIGHT to be that Pass rusher that Rex wants. He would have to overpower one guy in the inside and avoid being slowed down by another who is helping.

What this team NEEDS is an OUTSIDE/EDGE Pass Rusher like Abraham was for us.
    Actually, watching the tape against the Colts, the Jets got some really nice QB pressure by combining Wilk and Coples up the middle and sending Maybin around to try and come back on the rear of the pocket.

I am not discounting that they need a edge rusher. But I will say that that inside pressure can be more disruptive on an every-down basis. It keeps the QB from stepping up in the pocket and makes them skittish with what's coming from the backside.

I don't know if the Wilks/Coples/Maybin combo worked only as a one-week thing - but it definitely paid dividends against the Colts - leading to sacks, forced fumbles, bad throws and one of the INTs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Actually, watching the tape against the Colts, the Jets got some really nice QB pressure by combining Wilk and Coples up the middle and sending Maybin around to try and come back on the rear of the pocket.

I am not discounting that they need a edge rusher. But I will say that that inside pressure can be more disruptive on an every-down basis. It keeps the QB from stepping up in the pocket and makes them skittish with what's coming from the backside.

I don't know if the Wilks/Coples/Maybin combo worked only as a one-week thing - but it definitely paid dividends against the Colts - leading to sacks, forced fumbles, bad throws and one of the INTs.
    Good point. Brady loves to step up in the pocket under pressure. If we can take that away and get pressure in his face he will need to throw early and that will disrupt his timing.

There is no question in my mind that this roster was designed to play against the Pats. This is the biggest game of the year by far and Ryan always talks about beating the Pats.

He valued Coples over Jones because he wants inside pressure. If we can force Brady to throw it quick, be physical at the LOS with their receivers, and flood the intermediate routes in our Big Nickle package we may have a chance to slow their offense. Davis, Allen, Landry, Bell, Wilk, Coples, Devito, and Maybin will have prominent roles. Of course, everything is predicated on first stopping the run. Look how the Seahawks beat them: stop the run, physical with WRs at LOS, and pressure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I don't know if the Wilks/Coples/Maybin combo worked only as a one-week thing
    Well how many times was this combo used in past games this season?

I think that's how you could determine if it was just a one-week fluke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    This game scares the crap out of me.
    I'd have to agree...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well how many times was this combo used in past games this season?

I think that's how you could determine if it was just a one-week fluke.

It wasn't. Coples is a rookie. He's just getting serious playing time now. Pouha, and Ellis are hurt so they moved all these guys around the line, and Rex did a great job of mixing up the fronts. Pretty sure that was the point of hoping it will continue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    This guy is supposed to be a burner. Haven't seen him go long yet.
    Hunter: 182 snaps- 4 sacks, 4 hits, 11 hurries
    Howard: 191 snaps- 2 sacks, 6 hits, 14 hurries

The PBE difference is 0.5% (91.6% v. 91.1%), so really not like Hunter is outplaying Howard. Irony being... both are pass protecting poorer than Hunter in 2011 (92.8%)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Sanchez is in at QB we are getting smoked.