Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Connor released/Terminator terminated

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Can anyone name a Kentucky football player that did anything in the NFL?????
    Stevie Johnson?

Rookie
    Hasta la vista

BABY

I know now why you cry... but its something I could never do...

ATB™

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Can't help but think of the heart wrenching scene in Terminator 2 when you g John Connor has to say goodbye to Arnold, and watch him be submerged into the hot magma.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Definitly a good sign that Rex cut "his guy."

Think this will teach Rex to shut his mouth about players and what they will do before they actually play?
    One hopes!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    A clear sign that Sporano is going to have a say as to personnel on the O.
    THANK GOD!!!!!!

All Pro
    Another bust draft pick of the Tannenbaum era

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This guy was available. Taken in the 6th when Rex & Tanny were fooling around with late picks like they are throwaways.
    No wonder the Steelers stay relevant.

6 195 Pittsburgh Steelers Antonio Brown† WR Central Michigan MAC from Arizona[R6
    Stop that it makes me SICK!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Another bust draft pick of the Tannenbaum era
    Agreed... NOT ONLY a bust, but a so called "coaches pick".

Please ..spare us. You dont see the top teams around the legaue draft the way we do.

From cement shoe Ducasse to cant pass rush..D-Line drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    THANK GOD!!!!!!
    I wonder what Sparano really thinks about Holmes?
    Coaches probably cringe at those 1st down poses when he drops the ball & we are down by 20!
    I can tell you right now that Belichick wouldn't put up with it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed... NOT ONLY a bust, but a so called "coaches pick".

Please ..spare us. You dont see the top teams around the legaue draft the way we do.

From cement shoe Ducasse to cant pass rush..D-Line drafts.

Between the bad late round picks and trading picks away is why this team is so paper thin in depth

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What does it say about Rex if we are applauding him for being able to cut one of "his guys". Do we expect that little of him?

Conner should have been replaced in March. Same for Hunter and E. Smith. Two down, one to go. I know Smith has played hurt for us and showed heart but he has to be the next symbolic release.
    Smith has nothing to do with Rex; which is the basis of your post. Smith is safely down the depth chart thanks to Tannenryan; and still a great leader on ST.

I love giving you a hard time

Hasta La Vista, Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Between the bad late round picks and trading picks away is why this team is so paper thin in depth
    too many picks are attributed to a particular person in the organization. rex 'picked' connor. tanny 'picked' ducasse. rex 'picked' wilson. sanchez 'picked' his buddy. then you have the owner getting players like tebow, and you have the head coach not using him on offense so he basically has to show the owner how they're going to use him with fake punts. this is what happens when you don't have a real director of football ops. everyone wants a say and it gets messed up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I wonder what Sparano really thinks about Holmes?
    Coaches probably cringe at those 1st down poses when he drops the ball & we are down by 20!
    I can tell you right now that Belichick wouldn't put up with it.
    If Sparano was coaching the Jets Holmes wouldn't have been on the team and if had he certainly wouldn't have been made a Captin...

Holmes is on the team because when Rex was the Ravens DC Holmes made some plays against them!!!!

Rex doesn't know what he is doing in terms of personnel acquistion and that is clear.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    too many picks are attributed to a particular person in the organization. rex 'picked' connor. tanny 'picked' ducasse. rex 'picked' wilson. sanchez 'picked' his buddy. then you have the owner getting players like tebow, and you have the head coach not using him on offense so he basically has to show the owner how they're going to use him with fake punts. this is what happens when you don't have a real director of football ops. everyone wants a say and it gets messed up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    this is pure speculation on your part. you don't think the Jets scouting department has any input into who the team drafts?

while the jets haven't been hitting with their drafts as of late, even the quote unquote 'best' talent evaluators miss as much as they hit. a 5th round draft pick isn't a given to make the team, let alone start and contribute.

let's be happy that Rex seems to finally turned a corner with 'his' guys, and we may start to see players who deserve playing time finally see the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Smith has nothing to do with Rex; which is the basis of your post. Smith is safely down the depth chart thanks to Tannenryan; and still a great leader on ST.

I love giving you a hard time
    Fair enough. The less time he sees on defense, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    this is pure speculation on your part. you don't think the Jets scouting department has any input into who the team drafts?
    not enough. that's why kellen clemens was drafted based on one chalkboard session rather than based on the scouting department. it's why sanchez was drafted based on interviews rather than his college resume. connor, scotty mcknight, i can go on.