Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Dwayne Bowe

    As per PFT:

    The Chiefs and wide receiver Dwayne Bowe weren’t able to come to agreement on a long-term deal this offseason, leaving Bowe to play out the year under the franchise tag before taking another whack at an extension.

    Or not. Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that Bowe wants out of Kansas City “very badly.” With the Chiefs sputtering and headed toward an offseason of changes if that doesn’t change, that could make him a trade target before the trade deadline. When coming up with teams that might be interested, the Dolphins would be near the top of the list.

    We already know that they are targeting a No. 1 receiver in the offseason and they have a slew of early draft picks thanks to the Brandon Marshall and Vontae Davis trades, so someone connected the dots enough for Cole to get asked during a radio interview about the potential of a deal. There were some reports that Cole said the two sides are talking, something he clarified via tweet. Cole said he had no information about talks as yet between the two sides, but called Bowe a “logical target” for Miami.

    Whether in the next few weeks or come the offseason, there figures to be a fair amount of talk about Bowe and the Dolphins.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ty-very-badly/


    i think the JETS should go for it. gives sanchez a legit weapon.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they wanna trade Bowe for Tebow straight up, I'm all for it.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    As per PFT:



    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ty-very-badly/


    i think the JETS should go for it. gives sanchez a legit weapon.
    I am a big fan of Bowe and would love to have him, but I'm not sure of the overall cost.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Bowe but WR seems to be the least of our worries long term. QB, RB, OG, OT, S, OLB, and TE all seem like bigger needs. To blow a load of money that we don't really have would be a bad move right now. A one year rental OK but that isn't what we are talking here.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd giv a 3rd for Bowe.

    WR Depth

    Bowe
    Hill
    Kerley
    Schilens
    Hill
    Gates

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,670
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I'd giv a 3rd for Bowe.

    WR Depth

    Bowe
    Hill
    Kerley
    Schilens
    Hill
    Gates
    And then all of a sudden, we have a young, deep and talented WR corps for next year...

    Dwayne Bowe
    Santonio Holmes
    Stephen Hill
    Jeremy Kerley
    Chaz Shilens
    Jason Hill

    THAT is a pretty nice group.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I like Bowe but WR seems to be the least of our worries long term. QB, RB, OG, OT, S, OLB, and TE all seem like bigger needs. To blow a load of money that we don't really have would be a bad move right now. A one year rental OK but that isn't what we are talking here.
    Tebow's got like 4 of those spots covered.


    so we're good.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they just go for the one year fix....

    Trade a pick to get Bowe with no promise of an extension, trade Tebow and picks for MJD under the same and go to war with MJD and Bowe for this year with the possibility of signing one of them.



    /I'm going to do that on Madden right now!

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would the Jets or any NFL team want to have this much Cap Space tied up in a position that needs another Player to get them the ball.

    The Jets screwed up giving that Contract to Holmes. It would be just as big a screw up to give just as big a contract to yet another malcontent from another team.

    We have young receivers that are learning and making plays. We need to stay the course and develop the WR we all crave. A young Kid,with all the measureables .

    We don't need another malcontent, we need patience.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Why would the Jets or any NFL team want to have this much Cap Space tied up in a position that needs another Player to get them the ball.

    The Jets screwed up giving that Contract to Holmes. It would be just as big a screw up to give just as big a contract to yet another malcontent from another team.

    We have young receivers that are learning and making plays. We need to stay the course and develop the WR we all crave. A young Kid,with all the measureables .

    We don't need another malcontent, we need patience.
    +1

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Why would the Jets or any NFL team want to have this much Cap Space tied up in a position that needs another Player to get them the ball.

    The Jets screwed up giving that Contract to Holmes. It would be just as big a screw up to give just as big a contract to yet another malcontent from another team.

    We have young receivers that are learning and making plays. We need to stay the course and develop the WR we all crave. A young Kid,with all the measureables .

    We don't need another malcontent, we need patience.
    Infinity plus 1

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    If they wanna trade Bowe for Tebow straight up, I'm all for it.
    I would do that trade and then hop in a getaway car gangnam style. That would be a heist for us. Jets need Bowe bad. To be honest I wouldn't mind even trading a day 1 pick for him:

    Dwayne Bowe >>>> Whatever future bust Tanny drafts in the 1st or 2nd round of the next draft

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Why would the Jets or any NFL team want to have this much Cap Space tied up in a position that needs another Player to get them the ball.
    Because WR is the second most important position on offense after QB. Yes Tanny screwed up giving Holmes a payday but Dwayne Bowe is bigger and better and probably not anywhere near the headcase Holmes is.


    Who's more important to the Giants? Cruz or Diehl? Who's more important to the Pats? Welker or Solder?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    i mentioned this in another thread. id much prefer a legit rb instead of bowe.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I like Bowe but WR seems to be the least of our worries long term.
    Holmes is getting old and just had a very serious injury. We still have no idea what Hill is though I do like him as a prospect. Kerley is a decent slot receiver whose stats are going to peak this year thanks to us having no depth at WR. Keller is all but gone after this year.


    We absolutely need a big-time WR. You don't see the Giants resting on their laurels because they have Nicks and Cruz (who are both way better than anything we have) they develop Barden and Hixon. NFL is a passing league and WR is the second most important position on offense after QB.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i mentioned this in another thread. id much prefer a legit rb instead of bowe.
    Good WR's stretch the field and keep defenses from staking 8+ in the box. They can make any JAG running back look good. See Giants.

    Not coincidence our running game took off at the same exact time we had Braylon Edwards from 2009 - 2010.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Good WR's stretch the field and keep defenses from staking 8+ in the box. They can make any JAG running back look good. See Giants.

    Not coincidence our running game took off at the same exact time we had Braylon Edwards from 2009 - 2010.
    you are correct. bowe needs a change of scenery.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,520
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I would do that trade and then hop in a getaway car gangnam style. That would be a heist for us. Jets need Bowe bad. To be honest I wouldn't mind even trading a day 1 pick for him:

    Dwayne Bowe >>>> Whatever future bust Tanny drafts in the 1st or 2nd round of the next draft
    Rookies cost about $3 - $5 million a year for 4 years. Bowe will get $8 - $10 a year guaranteed. Jets would be spending at least $20m at wr next year, provably more because first year of fa contacts are expensive.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Rookies cost about $3 - $5 million a year for 4 years. Bowe will get $8 - $10 a year guaranteed. Jets would be spending at least $20m at wr next year, provably more because first year of fa contacts are expensive.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Pace, Scott, Brandon Moore, Eric Smith, Jason Smith etc. are all coming off our books after this season plus Revis will probably get traded for a boatload of picks. If Tanny can do one thing well it's cap manuever we're about $6 mil under the cap now.

    WR is the second most important position on offense. If you're going to spend money a position WR has to be one of the spots you splurge on. How'd trading a 2nd for Welker work out for the Pats?

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Pace, Scott, Brandon Moore, Eric Smith, Jason Smith etc. are all coming off our books after this season plus Revis will probably get traded for a boatload of picks. If Tanny can do one thing well it's cap manuever we're about $6 mil under the cap now.

    WR is the second most important position on offense. If you're going to spend money a position WR has to be one of the spots you splurge on. How'd trading a 2nd for Welker work out for the Pats?
    agree on all except revis isnt going anywhere. lets get bowe.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us