Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    acquiring bowe would allow us to be able to shed some of the scrub wrs on the roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    He's under the tag this year, no?

So won't he just be a UFA? I think he would hold out if they tagged him again.

Bowe is one of the top 5-8 WR's in the NFL. One of those guys where you just have to throw the ball near him. Would be a great mentor to Hill, size would complement Tone and no matter who is QB would immediately be the biggest offensive threat on the squad.

If you have to trade to get him, give up a 3rd or even 2nd to do so. Then lock him up as the 2nd or 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL for the next 5 years.
    LOL....that would be one of the dumbest things you could do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    acquiring bowe would allow us to be able to shed some of the scrub wrs on the roster.
    Great point, oh wait. There is that damn salary cap again.

Its amazing how many fans can complain about Tanny while watching the Ravens, Pats, Steelers and now Texans consistently succeed by NOT signing free agents, and instead drafting players and yet they still want us to go out and give up draft picks to give huge contracts to players with a history of giving less then maximum effort.

You know who were "scrub WRs" - Victor cruz and Antonio Brown.

Trading for and signing bowe, would not only be an atrocious combination of poor roster management and salary cap allocation, but it would stunt the developement of Hill and Kerley, 2 players who have looked great so far and are signed to team friendly contracts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its amazing how many fans can complain about Tanny while watching the Ravens, Pats, Steelers and now Texans consistently succeed by NOT signing free agents, and instead drafting players and yet they still want us to go out and give up draft picks to give huge contracts to players with a history of giving less then maximum effort.
    The Ravens addressed their wr issue through free agency a few years back w anquan boldin. The pats have done the same thing with randy moss, brandon lloyd.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Great point, oh wait. There is that damn salary cap again.

You know who were "scrub WRs" - Victor cruz and Antonio Brown.

Trading for and signing bowe, would not only be an atrocious combination of poor roster management and salary cap allocation, but it would stunt the developement of Hill and Kerley, 2 players who have looked great so far and are signed to team friendly contracts.

And those same people advocating to trade for Bowe will be complaining that there is no depth at O line, no RBs, no pass rushers and no TEs.

Tying up 25 million in two WRs is incredibly stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The Ravens addressed their wr issue through free agency a few years back w anquan boldin. The pats have done the same thing with randy moss, brandon lloyd.
    The Ravens didnt trade for Boldin and then give him big money, plus they didnt already have a high priced WR on their roster already.

Brandon Lloyd signed a 3 year 12 million dollar contract with the Pats. If Bowe will come to the Jets for 3 years 12 million, I am all for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Ravens didnt trade for Boldin and then give him big money, plus they didnt already have a high priced WR on their roster already.

Brandon Lloyd signed a 3 year 12 million dollar contract with the Pats. If Bowe will come to the Jets for 3 years 12 million, I am all for it.
    i'd give my left nut for boldin over santonio

has there ever been a less likable guy then holmes? i am jet fan...ill root for the devil if he is wearing a jets jersey...but santonio is something...ive never seen anyone complain harder after after every single play every time the ball comes his way.
    Last edited by K-Met57; 10-18-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    As per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ty-very-badly/

i think the JETS should go for it. gives sanchez a legit weapon.
    The Jets would be dumb as heck not to jump all over this. I did see this coming considering how bad KC is this year. If Tanny doesnt do this, he is effectively throwing the season. Sorry but you arent going anywhere deep into the playoffs with not 1 reliable receiver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Slow down

Moss was had for a 4th round pick and agreed to restructure a deal that he had already signed, which meant the Pats didnt have to pay a signing bonus or give him a long term extension.

Has boldin been a great signging for them? Or did they still continue to use picks on torrey smith, pitta, dickson and tandon doss until they hit with smith and the TEs?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've liked this guy since his LSU days. Always knew he would he would be a great receiver in this league.

Rex, Tanny GO GET HIM!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I like Bowe but WR seems to be the least of our worries long term. QB, RB, OG, OT, S, OLB, and TE all seem like bigger needs. To blow a load of money that we don't really have would be a bad move right now. A one year rental OK but that isn't what we are talking here.
    Wow, we have a lot of needs but to say receiver is not before any of those problems above? I think it is our #1 problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and Brandon Lloyd has 1 Td

Thats less then stephen hill and kerley and the same amount as jason hill.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Why would the Jets or any NFL team want to have this much Cap Space tied up in a position that needs another Player to get them the ball.

The Jets screwed up giving that Contract to Holmes. It would be just as big a screw up to give just as big a contract to yet another malcontent from another team.

We have young receivers that are learning and making plays. We need to stay the course and develop the WR we all crave. A young Kid,with all the measureables .

We don't need another malcontent, we need patience.
    I love delusional posters. Dont let your team loyalty shield rationality. Our receivers are terrible. Our #1 receiver would be a #3 on any other team, and our #2 #3 receivers may not be a #2 or #3 receiver on any other team in the NFL.

Whats all this love with Kerley? Can we pencil him in for the hall of fame? I mean, he does get open three times a game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i mentioned this last night. tanny is in a save his ass mode. he needs to improve this team here and now. bowe improves this team.

we are under the cap and with ensuing cuts in the off season of pace scott smith and others this makes sense. sure schillens and hill are here cheap but we need a playmaker on offense now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Bowe straight up for Holmes

I run to do that deal. Throw in Tebow if needed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    The Jets would be dumb as heck not to jump all over this. I did see this coming considering how bad KC is this year. If Tanny doesnt do this, he is effectively throwing the season. Sorry but you arent going anywhere deep into the playoffs with not 1 reliable receiver.
    This isnt fantasy football. I know many of you think it is, but I dont know why so many forget about the monetary considerations when looking to acquire a player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i mentioned this last night. tanny is in a save his ass mode. he needs to improve this team here and now. bowe improves this team.

we are under the cap and with ensuing cuts in the off season of pace scott smith and others this makes sense. sure schillens and hill are here cheap but we need a playmaker on offense now.
    OK, forget the length/price of his contract?

If we give up a second round pick for Bowe and pay him in the offseason making him be our big FA signing for 2013....how do we fill the holes created by cutting pace, scott, BT, and brandon moore.

If demario steps in for bart (cost is $0) we still need to find the following Starting positions.

RG - For moore
    RB - For Greene
    TE - For Keller
    S - Landry is on a 1 year deal
    2 OLBs - for pace and scott

How do we do that if we pay $9 million a year to Bowe without a 2nd round draft pick to fill one of the holes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    This isnt fantasy football. I know many of you think it is, but I dont know why so many forget about the monetary considerations when looking to acquire a player.
    Exactly. I don't know how some of you ignore the simple fact that you can't have two WRs making 8-10 million dollars annually. Tanny screwed up big time in paying Holmes. Best bet is to hope Hill develops and hope Keller is reasonable in re-signing ( I don't see how he isn't given his production).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If we give up a second round pick for Bowe and pay him in the offseason making him be our big FA signing for 2013....how do we fill the holes created by cutting pace, scott, BT, and brandon moore.

If demario steps in for bart (cost is $0) we still need to find the following Starting positions.

RG - For moore
    RB - For Greene
    TE - For Keller

How do we do that if we pay $9 million a year to Bowe without a 2nd round draft pick to fill one of the holes.
    There is no salary cap in fantasy football thats how.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

RG - For moore
    RB - For Greene
    TE - For Keller

rb is all hinged on how hilliard and grimes work out.
    te keller isnt going anywhere
    landry will be resigned
    lbs davis bellore mcintyre harris all under contract

how much space will be cleared when we clean house pace scott thomas smith and others?