Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grime Time

Thumbs up Grime Time

Who else is excited about this kid?

For the first time since Leon, it looks like we're poised to have a shifty guy as our secondary RB.

I've watched his videos on YouTube and it seems like he's got the heart you need to be a stud in the NFL. He truly believes that he can beat the guy in front of him one on one, whether it's by putting a move on or by running right through him.

While we did see a bit of both from Greene last week, it seems like Greene's first option is just to run right at the tackler. It's nice to see that we have someone who's just as willing to make a move.

GRIME TIME

All Pro
    Glad to see my trademarked Grime Time Ⓡ is trending.

The man call ball. I'm telling you - I've done my research. Rocking steady straight from William Mary, can't wait.

Jets Insider VIP
    Interesting...

Biography: Four-year starter awarded varying degrees of all-conference an All-American honors since his freshman season. Senior totals included 288 tenths/1431 yards/10 TDs on the ground with 23 receptions/262 yards/4 TDs. Also averaged 22.1 yards on 37 kick returns. Junior rushing totals included 207/887/8, when he was also named CAA Special Teams Player of the Year, averaging 24.9 yards on 12 kick returns.

Positives: Ultra-productive small school skill player who positively affects the game in a variety of ways. Instinctive ballcarrier who displays terrific running vision, effectively uses his blocks and runs low to the ground. Makes several defenders miss at the line of scrimmage and in the open field, keeps plays in bounds and works hard to pick up as much yardage as possible. Keeps his feet moving up the field. Deceptively strong and breaks form tackles or falls forward when tackled to pick up the extra yards. Solid receiver out of the backfield. Effectively picks up blocking assignments, squaring into defenders and keeping them from the action.

Negatives: Lacks the speed and agility to turn the corner. Not a fluid cutback runner and loses momentum when he must immediately change direction.

Analysis: Grimes lacks classic size/speed numbers for the next level yet has been productive in several areas since his freshman campaign. He gets the most from his ability and has the potential to make a roster as a situational ballcarrier and special teams ace.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...#ixzz29ccmB6KR
    He certainly likes to catch the ball out of the backfield...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt45dvk7eI8

Follows blockers, gets right to the hole...no tap dancing. Anxious to see what we might have here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVJtuZe78x8
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-18-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Eaaaaasy, fellas. I hope like hell you're right. But all the scouting I've seen emphasizes that he's a step below NFL-starter speed. I'd be pleased as punch with a back whose smart enough to pick up the basics of the system on the fly, and has the instincts to go out and get what's blocked for him.

The way the Jets OL were run blocking last week, this dude should get some decent holes to power into. Granted that the Pats DL is better than the Colts' but only Wilfork on the line is a significant problem in terms of run D, the rest should be manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Who else is excited about this kid?

For the first time since Leon, it looks like we're poised to have a shifty guy as our secondary RB.

I've watched his videos on YouTube and it seems like he's got the heart you need to be a stud in the NFL. He truly believes that he can beat the guy in front of him one on one, whether it's by putting a move on or by running right through him.

While we did see a bit of both from Greene last week, it seems like Greene's first option is just to run right at the tackler. It's nice to see that we have someone who's just as willing to make a move.

GRIME TIME
    you don't know how to evaluate backs from youtube vids properly cause he's not a shifty back lol. Maybe you heard the announcer say that in one of his highlights but he doesn't have NFL athleticism. He impressed the Texans by running hard and holding on to the ball but not cause he was shifty. He's no where near as shifty as McKnight .... as a matter of fact TJ and LT were more shifty than the kid. Grimes is a good pick up but he might be a year away from making any kind of impact as a backup even.

Terrible thing to say that this kid is the shiftiest back since Leon ... LT, TJ and Mcknight have much better quickness and breakout speed than this guy. TJ even after carrying 200 times is still more explosive than this kid. The only issue with this kid is his lack of speed. He's not a big guy and still he's not quicker than some of the backs that were 10-20 pounds heavier in the draft. That's why nobody drafted him. The small school had nothing to do with it to be honest ... One thing that is exciting about him however is that most of the Texans coaches compares his ethic and abilities to Foster saying he runs hard on every play and practices, watches film, and hits the gym as hard as anyone. He impressed the coaches with those intangibles and make no mistake ... he will run hard, cover the ball, and fight for yards. As far as having breakout speed or anything .... he's anything but that guy. Sorry to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    you don't know how to evaluate backs from youtube vids properly cause he's not a shifty back lol. Maybe you heard the announcer say that in one of his highlights but he doesn't have NFL athleticism. He impressed the Texans by running hard and holding on to the ball but not cause he was shifty. He's no where near as shifty as McKnight .... as a matter of fact TJ and LT were more shifty than the kid. Grimes is a good pick up but he might be a year away from making any kind of impact as a backup even.

Terrible thing to say that this kid is the shiftiest back since Leon ... LT, TJ and Mcknight have much better quickness and breakout speed than this guy. TJ even after carrying 200 times is still more explosive than this kid. The only issue with this kid is his lack of speed. He's not a big guy and still he's not quicker than some of the backs that were 10-20 pounds heavier in the draft. That's why nobody drafted him. The small school had nothing to do with it to be honest ... One thing that is exciting about him however is that most of the Texans coaches compares his ethic and abilities to Foster saying he runs hard on every play and practices, watches film, and hits the gym as hard as anyone. He impressed the coaches with those intangibles and make no mistake ... he will run hard, cover the ball, and fight for yards. As far as having breakout speed or anything .... he's anything but that guy. Sorry to disappoint.
    Totally agree, not sure where the shifty idea came from. Maybe it was assumed because he returned kicks, but that was not based on pure speed.

I think he is a good move the chains type of player who, when a play is blocked for 5 yards, will get ya 5-7 yards. That is all we need at this point and hopefully after the bye we can get mcknight and powell back.

All Pro
    I don't know anything about him, but just going off what's in the video... there's not a whole lot to love.

He's not fast, faster than me... but NFL fast. He's not very elusive either.

I suppose he would be able to help out and catch passes out of the backfield, and it looks like he's a natural pass catcher for a back.

But don't expect him to take any of these screens or check downs to the house like he did in a low-level college conference against men who are now selling insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    I've watched his videos on YouTube....
    I wonder if anyone has a video on YouTube where they look bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

He certainly likes to catch the ball out of the backfield...

Is he good at catching the ball off his shoe tops?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You must be referring to that 3rd down pass Brady threw at the end of the Hawks loss. But sorry, Grimey's all ours - you'll have to find your own.

Not sure, but hopefully he can catch balls that are slightly overthrown:

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    You must be referring to that 3rd down pass Brady threw at the end of the Hawks loss. But sorry, Grimey's all ours - you'll have to find your own.
    or the Mark Sanchez highlight reel

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post

Sounds like Danny Woodhead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Sounds like Danny Woodhead.
    Too bad the Jets don't have a player like Woodhead.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Lol, +1

Lets not lose our minds yet over a guy we haven't seen play.

Veteran
    Or a player like Shaun Ellis. Maybe you guys can sign Grimes for $1,000,000 if we cut him. That's smart front-officing!$#@!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No it isn't. Shut up.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Certainly.

LETS GO DIRTY GRIMES!