Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets concerned about Pats' no huddle, Pace calls it 'borderline illegal'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Ray I admire your passion and devotion but substitute the word Patriots with Jets in your quote and that describes you to a T. Not meant as a critique just an accurate observation.
    I don't defend every topic, I defend the lashing out by fans that I believe aren't making sense.

There is plenty to criticize the team for, you don't see me in every thread.

So your observation is false.

Robhomer is in every Patriot thread on this board spinning every negative post, same thing over at Patshomers.com

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Of course I call him a clown and I get banned for two days.

Imagine that, it's Patriot week, it's the week we hate everything Patriot, and I get banned.

This site used to be a great place.
    Ray...its very simple. Dont call people clowns. Its not the first, its not the second time, there are at least a dozen times we told you to knock it off.

You got two days, big deal.

What do you bring to the board Jordy, other than your policing of all the fans or posters you don't like?
    Lmao.....the irony.

RAY ARE YOU KIDDING?

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ray...its very simple. Dont call people clowns. Its not the first, its not the second time, there are at least a dozen times we told you to knock it off.

You got two days, big deal.

Lmao.....the irony.

RAY ARE YOU KIDDING?

-
    No I'm not kidding

You have an agenda with me, and it only feeds the tools on the board that enjoyed it

It wasn't deserved this time, banning me this time was completely out of line.

There is much worse on this board every day, and it wasn't even with another Jets fan.

Whatever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    No I'm not kidding

You have an agenda with me, and it only feeds the tools on the board that enjoyed it

It wasn't deserved this time, banning me this time was completely out of line.

There is much worse on this board every day, and it wasn't even with another Jets fan.

Whatever.
    How about this; If you call someone a clown again, I predict, no, I promise...a permaban. Your choice.

Put that in your sig and smoke it.

Oh, and trolls....stay out of this.
    -

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this; If you call someone a clown again, I predict, no, I promise...a permaban. Your choice.

Put that in your sig and smoke it.

Oh, and trolls....stay out of this.
    -
    Like I said, whatever

You're waiting for the opportunity, I guess it's the power, it really does influence people

I don't recall having an issue with your or any other mod

I realize I bring an emotion to the board that can compromises things, I've accepted that, accepted penalty when dished out, but it's always about the team, always about the spirit of why we are all supposed to be posting here, and me having a problem with many who lash out in the way they do about the team, some make it personal with me, I fight back, but for the most part, I can accept it, and try to restore to obeying the rules

But not this time, you went too far

You went on and banned me in this thread for calling a PATS fan a clown... a friggin clown, during PATS week, when we are ALL supposed to HATE the Pats, and ignored other posters who trolled on your bandwagon and did much worse and did nothing about it

Once upon a time the originator of this board did the VERY same thing ON a PATS site and got banned for it, but loved every bit of it, and was respected for it!!! I'm pretty sure he would approve of this kind of behavior on his own board during the week we play the team.

Now your'e telling me this sort of thing is no longer approved of around here? We can't "mix it up" with Pats fans on the week we play them in an era of our teams where our rivalry is the highest?????

THAT is pathetic

I don't plan on giving you the satisfaction if I can help it

I'm just a Jets fan trying to enjoy my team on a board that was ONCE a great time to enjoy our team

Now it is filled with agenda drive rhetoric, trolls, trolls of rival teams fans and SOJF's who would rather pimp themselves bout how successful they are, how much money they make, how much they pay and contribute to the team, and have a 24x7x365 know-it-all schtick in the process, that is what his board has become.

It's not like I'm some noob, who doesn't have a long history on the board all in the spirit of everything I've just mentioned, but you're going to permaban me because I have a problem with how you handled a situation, while letting so much more and so much worse by others go?

There is a self-proclaimed troll who is NOT a Jets fan who does nothing but ruin the board 24x7x365, enjoys it, and has no problem bragging about it, even after temp ban after temp ban, no permaban for him though

W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-19-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I've accepted that, accepted penalty when dished out, but it's always about the team, always about the spirit of why we are all supposed to be posting here
    Apparently you are still laboring under the missapprehension that every time you get upset, which is every post that doesnt agree with your viewpoint, you are entitled to dish out personal attacks.

If you think a two day ban is worth all this hand-wringing then you are too involved and need to step back. All of your protagonists have been banned unbanned and rebanned too...

WHether you like it or not, this site is not a homer haven. You are going to read things you dont like and see people posting.... that you hate.

Learn to deal with it.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently you are still laboring under the missapprehension that every time you get upset, which is every post that doesnt agree with your viewpoint, you are entitled to dish out personal attacks.

If you think a two day ban is worth all this hand-wringing then you are too involved and need to step back. All of your protagonists have been banned unbanned and rebanned too...

WHether you like it or not, this site is not a homer haven. You are going to read things you dont like and see people posting.... that you hate.

Learn to deal with it.-
    Sorry, but that just isn't true

Plenty of threads where I have disagreements, and post accordingly

This one with the Pats fan was purely in the spirit of the week

The biggest problem I have are with the trolls on the board, and those with their personal agendas, or fake handles..

So I get attacked and mocked, but you ban me for calling a Pats fan a clown on a Jets board purely in the spirit of the game this week?

Sorry, I can't accept that, and I shouldn't have to deal with that.

I also take offense that I have a problem with rival fans being here or me having some twisted desire for this site to be just one big circle jerk of homers, far from it, there are plenty of good rival fans that post here that contribute well. The obvious problem I have and many others are the self proclaimed trolls who do nothing BUT troll, and in some cases, ruin the board, one in particular who is an obsessed ******* about it, and lives on this site.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-19-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I can't accept that, and I shouldn't have to deal with that.
    Lmao.

Well.

What are we to do?

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao.

Well.

What are we to do?

-
    Me nothing, just raising an awareness, defending my position, and responding to a threat of a permaban.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me nothing, just raising an awareness, defending my position, and responding to a threat of a permaban.
    Ray..you have shown yourself unable to be civil to any JETS fan that question the team.

Sad really.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ray..you have shown yourself unable to be civil to any JETS fan that question the team.

Sad really.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    J!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    le E

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    T

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    S

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Learn to deal with it.

-
    Hmmmm.

So, hypothetically, one could let loose on the chowds, real good like, and only expect a 2 day ban?

Again, hypothetically, would this poster be able to make it back for the PEnny87toColes10 posts in the gameday thread? He wouldnt want to miss that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Hmmmm.

So, hypothetically, one could let loose on the chowds, real good like, and only expect a 2 day ban?

Again, hypothetically, would this poster be able to make it back for the PEnny87toColes10 posts in the gameday thread? He wouldnt want to miss that.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't think there is any rule specifically allowing substitutions after incompletions, but with the clock stopped, the officials typically don't hustle to spot the ball as they do when the clock is running.

You've obviously watched the Pats more than me, but it just seems that the logistics don't seem to lend themselves towards hurrying up. Everyone needs to get back to the LOS and the ball needs to be brought back. It seems likely that a defense can get a sub package in before the ball is spotted and snapped.

I'll be interested to see how that works though.
    Outside the two minutes in the first half and the five minutes in the second half, the clock only stops until the ref sets the ball. The ref is not supposed to be slow to set the ball to allow the teams to make substitutions unless the offense does it. I have seen at times a ref stand over the ball when he shouldn't, but many times they put the ball down right away and start the clock.

As for getting back to the line of scrimmage, it takes just as long on a short incompletion to get back to line as a short completed pass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't defend every topic, I defend the lashing out by fans that I believe aren't making sense.

There is plenty to criticize the team for, you don't see me in every thread.

So your observation is false.

Robhomer is in every Patriot thread on this board spinning every negative post, same thing over at Patshomers.com
    In four days this week, I have posted 11 times in two threads on this board. As for whatever I post on Patsfans.com, what does that have to do with here?

You are just obsessed with me. I am far from posting on every Patriots thread and spinning every negative posts. In fact, I am having civil discussions with some Jets fans here.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/se...earchid=481546

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Several fans out here called for us to run the no-huddle. It seems like it is not such a crazy idea after all!!!
    We can't. We have to keep inserting Tebow in at inopportune times.