Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets concerned about Pats' no huddle, Pace calls it 'borderline illegal'

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Forget about pass rush. The Jets will rush 2 guys about 70% of the time, sit in a zone and try to take away the underneath patterns or at least the YAC.
    I think you are dead on crash.

The majority of posters think the way to beat the Pats is to put heavy pressure on Brady. Unfortunatley, the Jets don't have the personnel to do that.

I also believe the Jets will sit back and try and take away Brady's passing lanes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have the Jets already filed their petition to the NFL asking to forfeit Sunday's game?

No? So I guess they still have to go out on the field and play?

Ok.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Have the Jets already filed their petition to the NFL asking to forfeit Sunday's game?

No? So I guess they still have to go out on the field and play?

Ok.
    Actually hot shot, the petition has been filed and is still pending.

So there.

Besides, all the negativity will just lead to another memorable Bart Scott post-game interview that meshes irrelevance and insanity with a little bit of barking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Pace is clearly saying it's borderline illegal because they are running plays before even their own offensive players are completely set.

And that isn't borderline illegal, it's just illegal.
    Exactly. There's nothing illegal about the hurry-up the way the Pats intend to run it, except if the ball is snapped before the offense is set. Then it becomes illegal. The refs haven't been calling it yet and the Pats have gotten away with it on more than a few plays. If I were Belichick, I'd keep doing it until the refs start throwing the flags (which they really should do when this happens).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

The majority of posters think the way to beat the Pats is to put heavy pressure on Brady. Unfortunatley, the Jets don't have the personnel to do that.

I also believe the Jets will sit back and try and take away Brady's passing lanes.
    The way to beat the Pats is to hit Brady - even if you give up plays for half the game. That O line is not what it was. You hit him as much as you can. Even if you don't win this one, you let him know what to expect when they come to MetLife.

The Pats are as reliant on QB play as any team in the league. That entire O falls apart if he's not 100%. You think Mallet can run that offense? You don't 'pressure' him; you hit him, hard. Landry on safety blitz hard - whenever Woodhead is the lone back.
    Last edited by adpz; 10-18-2012 at 11:22 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calling FF2 "slim" is the equivalent of calling Sanchez a good NFL QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Exactly. There's nothing illegal about the hurry-up the way the Pats intend to run it, except if the ball is snapped before the offense is set. Then it becomes illegal. The refs haven't been calling it yet and the Pats have gotten away with it on more than a few plays. If I were Belichick, I'd keep doing it until the refs start throwing the flags (which they really should do when this happens).
    Except the Pats have always been set in this no huddle and when they haven't been they have been called. Sorry, but to say the Pats are in illegal formations or false starts on every play or even frequently is not true.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget about pass rush. The Jets will rush 2 guys about 70% of the time, sit in a zone and try to take away the underneath patterns or at least the YAC. They'll try and replicate the formula from the playoff win.
    I really don't see it this way at all. The Jets are light on the talent side this time around to just hang out and try and win. I see them trying to play defense very aggressively. If you lose, so what. But the only way to win is to hit Brady and try to make some turnovers happen.

Put the young guys in and let them run, not think. Point them towards Brady and see what happens.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I really don't see it this way at all. The Jets are light on the talent side this time around to just hang out and try and win. I see them trying to play defense very aggressively. If you lose, so what. But the only way to win is to hit Brady and try to make some turnovers happen.

Put the young guys in and let them run, not think. Point them towards Brady and see what happens.
    If you are able to hit Brady, I agree. Unfortunately, I don't think the Jets are equipped to get to Brady absent bringing 7. So, if bringing 5 or 6 guys doesn't get to him, might as well play a coverage oriented defense and try and frustrate him that way.

But regardless, whatever they do is not going to be only one approach. They need to mix it up, try and confuse him (or at least be unpredictable), so obviously that means bringing pressure at times. I just think its not going to be one blitz after another. The Jets haven't been able to do that successfully with Brady pretty much ever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Except the Pats have always been set in this no huddle and when they haven't been they have been called. Sorry, but to say the Pats are in illegal formations or false starts on every play or even frequently is not true.
    First, like a typical Pat's fan trolltard, you misquote me in saying
    but to say the Pats are in illegal formations or false starts on every play or even frequently
    . I never said that nor did anyone here. Why do Pats fans consistently distort and misquote other posters? I said that there have been "more than a few" plays where the offense snapped the ball before being set. I never said "every" play or "frequently" did I? As always, you respond like the true moron you desire to be on this forum. But you're a Pats homer, so it's understandable why you would want to think that and convince yourself to believe that. The ball has been snapped before being set without the flag on some plays. But whatever... it makes no difference until flags are thrown. No big deal. If I were Belichick, i'd do it too until the flags come out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

It's obviously going to be a mix of both, if Brady sees what it is before the snap, he will kill it, if we can trick him like in the playoffs, we can confuse him into mistakes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just think its not going to be one blitz after another. The Jets haven't been able to do that successfully with Brady pretty much ever.
    I agree basically - I really see the Jets trying to play with a more 4-3 look as much as possible. It worked well last week and with both Pouha and Ellis out it just fits better.

I agree we haven't generally been able to blitz Brady effectively; he usually is very adept at slipping up in the pocket with the O-line reforming on the backside. The Colts game may be an outlier, but the Jets got very good pressure up the middle from the line - and if they can get that against NE we'll have a shot with the blitzes.

I am really fascinated to see how this plays out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, like a typical Pat's fan trolltard, you misquote me in saying . I never said that nor did anyone here. Why do Pats fans consistently distort and misquote other posters? I said that there have been "more than a few" plays where the offense snapped the ball before being set. I never said "every" play or "frequently" did I? As always, you respond like the true moron you desire to be on this forum. But you're a Pats homer, so it's understandable why you would want to think that and convince yourself to believe that. The ball has been snapped before being set without the flag on some plays. But whatever... it makes no difference until flags are thrown. No big deal. If I were Belichick, i'd do it too until the flags come out.
    Funny, as I a troll, I am respectful of other posters on this board unless they attack me. You have to bring every discussion to stupid insults.

Who cares what you said? All, most, or more than a few plays are all wrong. I bet you can go back and review every snap of the Pats' offense and not find more than a very small handful of plays where the Pats weren't set that they got away with. And I bet it is not more than most teams in this category.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor Guido

Reduced to begging for bans when a Jet fan on a Jet message board says something he doesn't like about his girlfriend Tammy.

This from a troll already permabanned twice at JI as Vinny Patrollie AND Gronkwelkhead

PATHETIC

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

That was the playoff game plan. It was masterful. Greatest game plan of Rex's career. However, we still needed a pass rush to win that game and Ellic and Pace cam through.

But the Pats are a little different now. Welker and the TEs go vertical more now than they did then. In 2010 the Pats offense was inside a 20 yard box, it was easier to crowd the passing lanes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 Pin your ears back and get after him. Id rather lose that way.

I dont know what "the Jets dont have the personnel to get to Brady" means.

What a ****ing crock of turnips. The D line has been getting a good push in the backfield on passing downs recently, and I dont think its going to fall solely on the LB's to bring the pressure.

"Dont have the personnel". lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Funny, as I a troll, I am respectful of other posters on this board unless they attack me. You have to bring every discussion to stupid insults.

Who cares what you said? All, most, or more than a few plays are all wrong. I bet you can go back and review every snap of the Pats' offense and not find more than a very small handful of plays where the Pats weren't set that they got away with. And I bet it is not more than most teams in this category.
    So now your changing your tune from "every" or "frequently" to a "very small handful of plays". LOL. And then there you go again with "every" with respect to the discussions here. Again, that's utter nonsense. You like to exaggerate and make everything an "absolute" don't you? Insult you? But of course. IMO, you deserve it for being here in the first place as do your imbecile cohorts, but also for distorting others posts when you try to make your feeble points. You don't like being insulted? Well then leave. You won't be missed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't "hurry up" off an incomplete pass. When the other side is waiting for a receiver to get back from 30 yards down the field, that's going to take some time.

The problem, as is the case with so many things, is that people panic and their physical execution and mental processing suffer for it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The problem, as is the case with so many things, is that people panic and their physical execution and mental processing suffer for it.
    Yes, I agree. The way to try and play the no-huddle is to not worry so much about yardage as about hitting people hard and preventing TD's. It's always easier on a defense when the field gets smaller in the red-zone. Limit red-zone opps to FG's and you have a shot.

Let the youngins do the best they can in the big part of the field and then try to be more tactical in the red zone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now your changing your tune from "every" or "frequently" to a "very small handful of plays". LOL. And then there you go again with "every" with respect to the discussions here. Again, that's utter nonsense. You like to exaggerate and make everything an "absolute" don't you? Insult you? But of course. IMO, you deserve it for being here in the first place as do your imbecile cohorts, but also for distorting others posts when you try to make your feeble points. You don't like being insulted? Well then leave. You won't be missed.
    First, I am not changing my tune at all. I am responding to your rebuttal. I am sorry I used hyperbole to contradict your moronic, homer argument.

Second, I don't why I come either. Maybe I just like to turn off my mind every once and a while to match wits with you at your level.

Third, since you don't want me here, maybe I will post more this week. I only really post here during the season except Pats/Jets week. But since it annoys you, maybe I should post more.