Thread: Box Score Change from last weeks game

All Pro

Box Score Change from last weeks game

Elias Sports Bureau made a scoring change in last week’s Colts-Jets game, taking away a half a sack from LB Aaron Maybin and giving it to defensive end Quinton Coples, giving him two sacks for the game.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/ga...ZxDYpX8LhYNJ0N

All Pro
    Dammit!

There goes my fantasy game!

lets all hope coples continues to improve. need those sacks this sunday against the pats. keep him on the field.

All Pro
    I have to point out that Maybin was responsible for much of the pressure, and a few of the sacks last week. No stats for that, but he did cause a lot of chaos. These were plays where Luck ran right into the pressure coming up the middle. He also showed some new pass rushing moves...finally.

Nice, he really had 3 sacks in the game: the sack just mentioned, intentional grounding, and the facemask. Not sure if the facemask or the grounding didnt count on the stat sheet, but it counts in my mind as 3.

If this guy would show some emotion out there and get excited, I would feel a lot better about him.

Hall Of Fame
    Good for Coples. He now needs to prove he can create pressure against good teams. We need Coples, Wilk and Pace to have great games this week.

I don't view Coples as a pass rusher. I know Rex compared him to a younger Trevor Pryce which is solid but if he can be anything close to what Pryce was in his prime then he's well worth the pick. Pryce was a beast in his prime and not just cause of the sacks. He was great against the run especially in Baltimore and he also caused havoc for other people around him. Almost always had to be double teamed as a DE in the 3-4.

To beat Brady you have to get pressure up the middle as opposed to off the edges. I'm sure that had something to do with the pick.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    To beat Brady you have to get pressure up the middle as opposed to off the edges. I'm sure that had something to do with the pick.
    +1

Too many fast, mobile QBs today. It's no real plus to get them slipping up in the pocket or running with clear lanes. Pressure up the middle is the best kind of pressure. Keep guys from stepping up into throws; keep arms in front of them in the passing lanes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I don't view Coples as a pass rusher. I know Rex compared him to a younger Trevor Pryce which is solid but if he can be anything close to what Pryce was in his prime then he's well worth the pick. Pryce was a beast in his prime and not just cause of the sacks. He was great against the run especially in Baltimore and he also caused havoc for other people around him. Almost always had to be double teamed as a DE in the 3-4.
    I think he compared mo wilk to price...correct me if im wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    +1

Too many fast, mobile QBs today. It's no real plus to get them slipping up in the pocket or running with clear lanes. Pressure up the middle is the best kind of pressure. Keep guys from stepping up into throws; keep arms in front of them in the passing lanes.
    Pressure at Bradys feet is what kills him. He is great at stepping in the pocket (which we have maybin to do on the edge), we neeed coples and mo wilk to collapse it and slam that douche all day.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    +1

brady does his damage by scanning the middle and finding his tes and wrs there. he's not the guy who wants to burn you down the sidelines. he's a tall qb who isn't fast but can sidestep the edge blitzes. the giants have beaten him b/c they get pressure in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I think he compared mo wilk to price...correct me if im wrong.
    Yep, you are correct.