Thread: Jets, now > Jets Week 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets, now > Jets Week 1.

This Jets team may be shaping up into a playoff contender. Even with some huge losses due to injury, I think they might be a better team right now than they were in week one.

OL has a better grasp of Sparano's power blocking scheme. I think Austin Howard has come forth as a solid RT.

Greene, also, has a better grasp of where holes will develop.

Keller & the WRs. Maybe an addition by subtraction with Holmes out? Sprinkle in a healthy Schillens, and ready for prime-time Hill, along with Kerley and Keller and we might have something here.

Coples & Davis. Both got their feet wet, and are more prepared to contribute. Coples is really close to do some damage.

Landry & Bell Yes I know Revis is a huge loss. Cro has stepped up big time. Landry & Bell are getting comfy in Rex's schemes, look for more big plays from these guys.

It's a bummer that Powell & McKnight got dinged up vs the Colts. It would've been nice to have both of them heading up to Foxboro.

Overall, I see good things ahead. No team is perfect. There will be more bumps in the road... but I see the makings of a good team. Go jets!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    This Jets team may be shaping up into a playoff contender. Even with some huge losses due to injury, I think they might be a better team right now than they were in week one.

OL has a better grasp of Sparano's power blocking scheme. I think Austin Howard has come forth as a solid RT.

Greene, also, has a better grasp of where holes will develop.

Keller & the WRs. Maybe an addition by subtraction with Holmes out? Sprinkle in a healthy Schillens, and ready for prime-time Hill, along with Kerley and Keller and we might have something here.

Coples & Davis. Both got their feet wet, and are more prepared to contribute. Coples is really close to do some damage.

Landry & Bell Yes I know Revis is a huge loss. Cro has stepped up big time. Landry & Bell are getting comfy in Rex's schemes, look for more big plays from these guys.

It's a bummer that Powell & McKnight got dinged up vs the Colts. It would've been nice to have both of them heading up to Foxboro.

Overall, I see good things ahead. No team is perfect. There will be more bumps in the road... but I see the makings of a good team. Go jets!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=V-OYKd8SVrI

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    next week after a loss the > will change to <

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    next week after a loss the > will change to <
    football calculus?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do think your point on Holmes is a good one. It's always nice when the QB knows that his WR is in fact running the correct route.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    I do think your point on Holmes is a good one. It's always nice when the QB knows that his WR is in fact running the correct route.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In today's parity NFL playing as an actual team is perhaps the most important skill for a team.

The personnel weaknesses of a team can easily outweigh the plusses. How many teams have a few great players yet still suck? When everyone plays as a team and is on the same page, you are by definition having everyone do their job.

The Colts were not a tough team for us to match up with - and they were definitely banged up. But you saw the Jets play their best team game of the season. So I do think this Jets team right now is the best it has been all season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    In today's parity NFL playing as an actual team is perhaps the most important skill for a team.

The personnel weaknesses of a team can easily outweigh the plusses. How many teams have a few great players yet still suck? When everyone plays as a team and is on the same page, you are by definition having everyone do their job.

The Colts were not a tough team for us to match up with - and they were definitely banged up. But you saw the Jets play their best team game of the season. So I do think this Jets team right now is the best it has been all season.
    Haha what an idiot. You sound like Rex Ryan. This team sucks dude.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... hope you're right bro ...

... we'll find out a lot about this team by 7:30pm sunday ...

... whether they win or not, if mark plays as he did last week & the rest of the guys answer the bell & play a tough, competitive, back and forth game then i will be inclined to agree with you ...

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocityvirus View Post
    Brilliant post, I can see you will be a terrific addition to this board...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocityvirus View Post
    And you, winner, sound like Meg Ryan.

I am talking about the NFL as a whole but that might be too big a point for you to grasp. But don't worry - your an even worse fan than this team, so you've got that going for you.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And you, winner, sound like Meg Ryan.

... 2012 meg ryan ...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... 2012 meg ryan ...

Oh for sure! The scary, Gollum-like version:

That bears a striking resemblance to:

Go back to your bridge Troll, and jump off of it.
    Last edited by adpz; 10-18-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... 2012 meg ryan ...

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! No no no!!! That's what she looks like these days!!?? I used to fap to her like 10 times a day in her prime, wtf!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! No no no!!! That's what she looks like these days!!?? I used to fap to her like 10 times a day in her prime, wtf!
    I know, I know. Just don't Google any photos of Catherine Bach {Daisy Duke}!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, I know. Just don't Google any photos of Catherine Bach {Daisy Duke}!!!

... i couldn't resist ... let's just leave it as this ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... i couldn't resist ... let's just leave it as this ...

l_j_r

Lol - agreed! I actually went to take a look and she still looks better than I thought. But - for real - warning - if there are any Kathleen Turner fans [hey, that voice was pretty sexy back in Romancing the Stone] - god forbid, don't peek at the 2012 version . . .

But hey, for those from the same era, perennial teen crush Lori Loughlin is still looking good at 48.