Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romney's big 'four years tuition-free' college

This was presented for the rw audience here. As usual, you failed to get the message.

When it comes to Romney, you had better read the fine print on everything he says. I was working in Mass during part of his tenure as gov. I could not remember anything close to what he tried to get the American public to believe.

A little diligence and the facts come clear. Better read the fine print with this Romney guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lefty desperation is stinking up this thread big time.

Someone hose these guys down.

thankee.

Hall Of Fame
    How can this possible be spun to be a bad thing? He gave more kids an opportunity to go to college than pretty much any other program.

Boo hoo, they had to pay for their books.

THE GOV'T DOES NOT OWE YOU A COLLEGE EDUCATION YOU PHUCKIN COMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God forbid someone had to get a job to buy themselves books while they went to school for free.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Time to make room on the nipple for people that actually need it and get those who don't off of it.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 10-19-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How can this possible be spun to be a bad thing? He gave more kids an opportunity to go to college than pretty much any other program.

THE GOV'T DOES NOT OWE YOU A COLLEGE EDUCATION YOU PHUCKIN COMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God forbid someone had to get a job to buy themselves books while they went to school for free.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Time to make room on the nipple for people that actually need it and get those who don't off of it.
    Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

The only negative I can point to is that "free" money for college forces tuition prices higher just like cheap money and lack of personal responsibility did to the housing market and to medical costs. That being said you have to weigh those pros and cons and decide if the pros are worth the cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    This was presented for the rw audience here. As usual, you failed to get the message.

When it comes to Romney, you had better read the fine print on everything he says. I was working in Mass during part of his tenure as gov. I could not remember anything close to what he tried to get the American public to believe.

A little diligence and the facts come clear. Better read the fine print with this Romney guy.
    This reeks of desperation. Now you are making the claim that Romney's plan in Mass to give the top 25% of students free tuition to State schools was harmfull because state schools aren't as good as private schools? ROFL. This is precious desperation.

Please go start a new thread about binders of women and how that is offensive. Those of us on my side of the aisle are sitting back and laughing at the desperation.

In other news Gallup has Romney up 52-45 nationally.

Well, what's he going to do - ignore his promise to restore fiscal responsibility and stick us with an additional $7 trillion worth of debt or something?

Because that would be bad.

All Pro
    Binders of women is like, like, like, when Chinese women had their feet bound to fit into dainty dolly shoes so its racist, misogynistic and bad!

not to be confused with the erstwhile poster Brooklyn Bound (and Gagged)
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 10-19-2012 at 12:17 PM.

As usual, you rw'ers are so blind you overlook the obvious.

This is nothing more than redistribution of income to the wealthy. It does not help lower and middle class Americans as they STILL cannot afford the costs of college.

You guys are so busy to attack vice looking at the reality of the situation. To state that I am desperate is laughable. I just graduated my first son from college without state aid.

Not everyone is as fortunate to do this and they have children whom are just as deserving to go as anyone.This nation should be about we the people, not we the privileged. Why do you think that it we are headed for a fiscal cliff?

The distribution of false wealth to the top 1%. When people work, they pay taxes. More people work, more people pay taxes. More people have good paying jobs, they pay even more taxes.

The disparity in wealth is a major issue. We have provided more wealth to the rich, more tax cuts for them and we have huge deficits and more people on gov't assistance.

Just keep your foot on the pedal fellas.....

Jets Insider VIP

This is nothing more than redistribution of income to the wealthy. It does not help lower and middle class Americans as they STILL cannot afford the costs of college.

You guys are so busy to attack vice looking at the reality of the situation. To state that I am desperate is laughable. I just graduated my first son from college without state aid.

Not everyone is as fortunate to do this and they have children whom are just as deserving to go as anyone.This nation should be about we the people, not we the privileged. Why do you think that it we are headed for a fiscal cliff?

The distribution of false wealth to the top 1%. When people work, they pay taxes. More people work, more people pay taxes. More people have good paying jobs, they pay even more taxes.

The disparity in wealth is a major issue. We have provided more wealth to the rich, more tax cuts for them and we have huge deficits and more people on gov't assistance.

Jeez.

You could just borrow 10 million from your mother and start a hedge funds like the other go-getters.

Stop being a victim.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Jeez.

You could just borrow 10 million from your mother and start a hedge funds like the other go-getters.

Stop being a victim.

LOL. It gets even crazier PK:

Here's a math lesson for lawmakers and policymakers:

The United States spends an average of $9,644 a year per pre K-12 student compared with $22,600 per prison inmate. Increasing the high school completion rate by just 1 percent for all men ages 20 to 60 would save the country up to $1.4 billion per year in reduced costs from crime. Sixty-five percent of convicts are dropouts, and lack of education is one of the strongest predictors of criminal activity. A dropout has an eight times higher likelihood of being in jail or prison during his/her lifetime than a high school graduate.

Numbers like these give us a compelling economic argument for investing in programs that will help increase the graduation rate. They also give us urgency to look at how we can intervene with the population at greatest risk for dropping out--juvenile offenders.
    http://thejournal.com/articles/2011/...ervention.aspx

Jeez.

Stop being a victim.

The bitterness and jealousy has no end, eh PK?

I know, it sucks, you didn't win the genetic lottery. Me either.

Shame, ain't it? They owe us, really.

All of my children (and myself) graduated from college for FREE. And none of us went to school in our home state - so it was all out of state tuition prices. Paid for by the citizens of those states.
    And yes, I am a millionaire ++. The rich DO get richer. We generally EARN it. Those who are not can get there. I started poor. So did a few others on this board. We didn't complain. We just got it done.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    All of my children (and myself) graduated from college for FREE. And none of us went to school in our home state - so it was all out of state tuition prices. Paid for by the citizens of those states.
    And yes, I am a millionaire ++. The rich DO get richer. We generally EARN it. Those who are not can get there. I started poor. So did a few others on this board. We didn't complain. We just got it done.
    Proves my point of the last post I made. Why are we spending so much more on jails than we are on education? Wouldn't Romney be more impressive if he had a program that worked in that manner?

Again, I am not enamored with Obama, but Romney is not much different than he and even acts less Presidential.

Where is a candidate with a '5 Point plan' that includes some real changes in our spending?

Proves my point of the last post I made. Why are we spending so much more on jails than we are on education? Wouldn't Romney be more impressive if he had a program that worked in that manner?

Again, I am not enamored with Obama, but Romney is not much different than he and even acts less Presidential.

Where is a candidate with a '5 Point plan' that includes some real changes in our spending?

Here I agree. We should spend LESS on jails. A lot less. I like the Joe Arpaio concept. Give the prisoners NOTHING. PB&J. No TV, no anything. Work them HARD. Make jail self sustaining as much as possible.

Education costs what it costs. Too much? There's community college. Or truck driver school. Everybody can't afford Columbia (doggin did). Tuition at the College of Charleston (a pretty good school) is under $10k for in state.
    That's pretty good value. Life is not free. When you have to extend yourself you appreciate what you've done more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Actually having the government give away college to the poor and make money cheap for others just makes it more expensive since it skews the market allowing demand to increase thereby increasing the cost of college.

All Pro
    A hedge fund...'zackly like a private equity firm.

And in both cases there is NO risk to losing investment

https://www.quantnet.com/threads/pri...dge-funds.562/
    http://www.privateequityinfo.com/blo...s-hedge-funds/

Keep the laffs coming!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The bitterness and jealousy has no end, eh PK?

I know, it sucks, you didn't win the genetic lottery. Me either.

Shame, ain't it? They owe us, really.
    Not at all.

Just have a problem with them telling me I'm lazy because I didn't have a cool 10 million to borrow.

Keep your lips locked on to that Pub c*ck, Fish. It brings out the salad oil.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 10-20-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Not at all.

Just have a problem with them telling me I'm lazy because I didn't have a cool 10 million to borrow.

Keep your lips locked on to that Pub c*ck, Fish. It brings out the salad oil.
    /chuckle

Sorry old chum, but you are THE leader in the clubhouse when it comes to blatant, obvious, angry class envy here. Like your stance against Christianity, it's all over everything you post.

Nothing you need to run from bud. Stand up and shout it if thats what you feel. You certainly do on issues of religion.

Speaking (earlier) of Straw Men "calling you lazy because you don't have 10 million"? lol. Inferiority complex eh, think the Pubs' are all talking specificly about YOU when they talk about the lazy entitlement types, eh?

Well, you'd know better than I what you get from the Govt. A cross only you have to bear, as it were.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    /chuckle

Sorry old chum, but you are THE leader in the clubhouse when it comes to blatant, obvious, angry class envy here. Like your stance against Christianity, it's all over everything you post.

Nothing you need to run from bud. Stand up and shout it if thats what you feel. You certainly do on issues of religion.

Speaking (earlier) of Straw Men "calling you lazy because you don't have 10 million"? lol. Inferiority complex eh, think the Pubs' are all talking specificly about YOU when they talk about the lazy entitlement types, eh?

Well, you'd know better than I what you get from the Govt. A cross only you have to bear, as it were.
    You actually spent time on a Saturday to write this long winded response?

Dude. Go play your guitar. You can't spend 7 days a week on that soapbox of yours.

Good lord. You were pontificating while I was changing a boiler in a basement. But I'm the lazy entitlement type. Lmao.

Serious. Go finger some frets. Deep breaths and spider chords.