Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romney's big 'four years tuition-free' college

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Romney's big 'four years tuition-free' college

http://www.umass.edu/oapa/publicatio.../FS_chg_01.pdf

This is just another lie. The facts shows that his plan covered around 20%. They did not cover the fees or room and board.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post

This is just another lie. The facts shows that his plan covered around 20%. They did not cover the fees or room and board.

Brilliant deduction there Jetdawgg!

Seriously, it takes genius level thought to see "Romney's big 'four years tuition-free' college" and conclude that it means TUITION free.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of students do not stay in the dorms. They commute.
    Fees do seem high, BUT if you perform in HS yoiu get help. Lazy bum=no help. Seems fair.
    My college cost nothing. Free ride. I worked hard to get that.
    All my children went to college for free. Full rides. They worked hard to get there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Brilliant deduction there Jetdawgg!

Seriously, it takes genius level thought to see "Romney's big 'four years tuition-free' college" and conclude that it means TUITION free.
    LMAO

What a liar! He said "tuition-free", but it only covers tuition!! What about my meal plan blargh arrggh argharh!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    LMAO

What a liar! He said "tuition-free", but it only covers tuition!! What about my meal plan blargh arrggh argharh!
    Yep. Guess he would get pissed if he was given a "free movie ticket" and then had to pay for the popcorn and coke.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO

Now that I see this I am voting Obama. I thought both candidates felt everything in America should be free.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO

Oh come on. How can you separate "required fees" from tuition. Room and board is optional, but anything mandatory should be defined as tuition. According to the statistics linked "Mandatory Fees" have increased nearly 3000% in 20 years. While "tuition" has increased around 50%.

At what point Would you consider "tuition-free" misleading? What if tuition were a dollar, and they added another 1.5K "attendance fee"? That seems to be the way the trend is going here. Again, this assumes the source is accurate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO

I want it all free....................

ENTITLEMENT mentaility at its finest. A Few good entitlements.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet they had to buy books too...

Oh the huge manatee...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney wants to take away peoples rights to free room and board at Universitys!!???! Only an evil 1%er would limit free tuition to just tuition. What about cell phones and laptops? I heard that Romney refused to give those students revieving the scholarship free cell phones. I can't understand why this right wing moderate flip flopping plutocrat would take away students rights to own a cell phone. Its crazy.

Vote Obama 2012 - "Free tuition, room and board, Ipads and cell phones for all students!!"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next they will also want spending money. Need to buy beer and birth control pills, right?
    The NCAA is considering allowing athletes to get spending money on top of their full rides BTW. Are you kidding me.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney made it sound as though college was a slam dunk for the people of Mass. They would be able to afford college.

Now it is clear that it's just another scam. You can see that the fees went up during his term also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts Education Plan Backfired

The cost of college is one of the major barriers for many poor students, so it seems logical that paying for their tuition would help more of them graduate from college. But research into the Adams Scholarship and the 12 others like it across the country suggests that these programs do little to improve college access because they typically go to students who already plan to attend college. If anything, these researchers say, the scholarships can widen existing income and racial gaps in college attendance.
    Advertisement

A study released this summer by Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government found that Massachusetts students were likely to use the scholarship to attend a state school with fewer resources than private schools they might have gone to otherwise. The result? Students who use the scholarship actually take longer to graduate—and they are less likely to graduate at all.

“This is a very unusual example of a situation in which we make money available to students, and they actually end up worse off,” said report co-author Joshua Goodman, an assistant professor of public policy at the Kennedy School.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/health...backfired.html

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney made it sound as though college was a slam dunk for the people of Mass. They would be able to afford college.

Now it is clear that it's just another scam. You can see that the fees went up during his term also.
    Of course he did.

He sucked his moms nipples until he was 12. ****ing Mormon scumbag.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

How is it a scam? Holy crap, how much free **** do you people actually want?

College fees went up during the 4 years he was in office??!? No, I refuse to believe that college fees went up at any point in recent history.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Of course he did.

Have you seen his mom?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My God people are stupid

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course he did.

Sad. You used to be pretty balanced when calling out bull****.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course he did.

Unhappy hour, PK?