Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/18

Jets Tweets & Info 10/18

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Sione Ellis gates smith Powell McKnight are not practicing today for #jets

Jets Insider VIP
    And they'll all be ruled out on Sunday.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex doesn't share whether Powell and McKnight will play vs Patriots. ... They won't.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Ryan said the #patriots walk thru practice yesterday was smart. Said rest is key for fast paced tms

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini Ryan confirms that RB Grimes will be active, but wouldn't say he's the 3rd-down back.

Veteran
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr [/URL]
    Ryan said the #patriots walk thru practice yesterday was smart. Said walking around a bunch is key for fast paced tms to stay as soft as the Pillsbury doughboy

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini Ryan confirms that RB Grimes will be active, but wouldn't say he's the 3rd-down back.
    he will

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr [/URL]
    Ryan said the #patriots walk thru practice yesterday was smart. Said walking around a bunch is key for fast paced tms to stay as soft as the Pillsbury doughboy
    looks like Rex is cookin up some amoeba, 1 down lineman blitzes for Tammy. I love it!!!! I remember that's how his brother Rob beat The Patriots when he was in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    looks like Rex is cookin up some amoeba, 1 down lineman blitzes for Tammy. I love it!!!! I remember that's how his brother Rob beat The Patriots when he was in Cleveland.
    With wilkerson, coples, playing DLine, Harris, pace/BT (rotating) and Demario at LB and cro, wilson, landry, bell, antonio allen and dowtin, we would have a lot of speed and coverage ability on the field to blitz and to cover the TEs.

We would just need to make sure we can also stop the run which is no easy task....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    With wilkerson, coples, playing DLine, Harris, pace/BT (rotating) and Demario at LB and cro, wilson, landry, bell, antonio allen and dowtin, we would have a lot of speed....
    can any of these guys play running back?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

huh?

Rex original quote said 'rest'.. as in a low key walk through practice. The poster changed it to 'walking around'.. nothing to do about defensive schemes.

Exclamation mark florio reporting that Rex was close to firing Shotty after game 4 , 2011

In a development that makes the Jetsí post-2011 support of offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer seem even more curious (at best), Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that coach Rex Ryan nearly fired Schottenheimer after a 34-17 loss in Week Four to Ryanís former team, the Ravens.

Instead, Ryan insisted on a shift back to a run-first philosophy, de-emphasizing the role of quarterback Mark Sanchez.

All Pro
    With wilkerson, coples, playing DLine, Harris, pace/BT (rotating) and Demario at LB and cro, wilson, landry, bell, antonio allen and dowtin, we would have a lot of speed and coverage ability on the field to blitz and to cover the TEs.

We would just need to make sure we can also stop the run which is no easy task....
    Yea, the 2 keys for this game is believe it or not, stop the run and cover the TE's. If we can stop the run from our sub formation I think we can win. If we have to play our base 3-4 to stop the run, brady will pick us apart with the no huddle and we will get obliterated.

Veteran

Speed is definitely a great part of the solution though. The Pats had zero running game against the light/fast Seattle 4-3 defense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    huh?

Rex original quote said 'rest'.. as in a low key walk through practice. The poster changed it to 'walking around'.. nothing to do about defensive schemes.
    oops, misread the quote.

I hope we do use a lot of amoeba blitzes in the game however.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

oops, misread the quote.

I hope we do use a lot of amoeba blitzes in the game however.
    for the record, i agree.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    In a development that makes the Jets’ post-2011 support of offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer seem even more curious (at best), Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that coach Rex Ryan nearly fired Schottenheimer after a 34-17 loss in Week Four to Ryan’s former team, the Ravens.

Instead, Ryan insisted on a shift back to a run-first philosophy, de-emphasizing the role of quarterback Mark Sanchez.
    If this report is even REMOTELY TRUE the Jets entire FO should be repleced IMMEDIATELY!!!!

This is SICK!!!

Good Grief!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If this report is even REMOTELY TRUE the Jets entire FO should be repleced IMMEDIATELY!!!!

This is SICK!!!

Good Grief!!!!
    why? didn't Rex do what many claim he never does.. that is, get involved with the offense and give direction to his OC? Why is that a fire-able offense? good grief.

The Jets didn't sign a running back this week because of Tim Tebow's ability to play the position, sources tell ESPN New York.
    Both Bilal Powell (shoulder) and Joe McKnight (ankle) are out, leaving only undrafted rookie Jonathan Grimes behind starter Shonn Greene. Beat writer Rich Cimini takes that as a "sure sign" Tebow will be involved. Look for him to top his season-high of five carries and handle the short-yardage work. The Jets are going to have to pull all the tricks out of the bag to hang with the Patriots in Foxboro.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not a big Tebow fan but I think he will play some RB this week and I think he will throw from the RB position.

@CBSJets: Joe McKnight (ankle) "I'm playing!" For first place? I"m in there"