Thread: Who would have thunk it?

Who would have thunk it?

I have to admit when Revis went down I was ready to just give up. You have such a buildup to an NFL season & granted, I didn't have visions of Superbowls running through my head but I was looking forward to a fun season.
    Then Holmes & it's like, here we go again with this snake bitten team.

But, alas, here we are tied for 1st with 2 wins in the division & a chance to take over 1st place from our hated rivals!
    Obviously it won't be easy but after seeing the 2010 playoff game, (coming off a 45-3 shellacking), I have to admit, anything is possible in this league, anything can happen at any moment. People get hurt, guys drop balls that bounce into other players arms.

If, & that's a big IF, the Jets can somehow win on Sunday, they would be playing the next game HOME vs Miami & a chance to go 4-0 in the division!
    Even with a loss, this year can be wild with all the parity in the AFC. Looking back, that horrible looking win in Miami is looming quite large considering the Fins are not just rolling over this year. They beat a Rams team that beat the Seahawks.
    I said it before, my favorite quote is Jim Valvano "Don't give up, don't ever give up"
    Thats what I love about Rex. That win he had in Gillette after getting his azz handing to him a month earlier was one of the most impressive coaching jobs in this NFL for the last 5 years.
    He didn't let discouragement & doubt get into his guys. That is a great accomplishment.
    I believe he is becoming a better all around coach. Get the horses & he can be the horse whisperer.

1) holmes hurt the offense as much as he helped it.

2) just goes to show you that having the best cb doesn't mean you have an edge and having average cbs doesn't mean you'll lose. revis is amazing but he can be minimized.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4650705]1) holmes hurt the offense as much as he helped it.

2) just goes to show you that having the best cb doesn't mean you have an edge and having average cbs doesn't mean you'll lose. revis is amazing but he can be minimized.

I actually think this Jet team as constituted is MORE difficult for BB to prepare for.
    Lets be real, preparing for Tebow with Denver, he knew exactly what he was seeing and getting.
    Preparing for Tebow, sometimes, who knows when & Sparano instead of Shoddy who he owned for the better part of 6 years might be a little different.
    The Jets have had more plays over 20 yards in the 1st 6 games than all of last year combined. He's not afraid to dial up a long pass.
    Maybe we can catch the Pats with the wrong personel on Sunday.

[QUOTE=jetster;4650737]
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    1) holmes hurt the offense as much as he helped it.

I actually think this Jet team as constituted is MORE difficult for BB to prepare for.
    Lets be real, preparing for Tebow with Denver, he knew exactly what he was seeing and getting.
    Preparing for Tebow, sometimes, who knows when & Sparano instead of Shoddy who he owned for the better part of 6 years might be a little different.
    The Jets have had more plays over 20 yards in the 1st 6 games than all of last year combined. He's not afraid to dial up a long pass.
    Maybe we can catch the Pats with the wrong personel on Sunday.
    I agree, but only because I think Rex has been a little lazy about how he's used Revis. Always "the island" on the other team's best guy.

Revis' best game as a pro was against SD in the '09 playoffs. He was all over the place. Rivers didn't know where he was, and he wreaked havoc.

I think using him the same way every week, while it does take a top WR away, makes us easier to prepare for. Now he' being forced to come up with different approaches from week to week again.

All Pro
    Cro >>>> Revis

Just accept it?