Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This surprised me about Sanchez

All League

This surprised me about Sanchez

From ESPN:
    "Mark Sanchez ranks third in the AFC in average throw distance, has two touchdowns with no interceptions and has a better completion percentage on the deep ball than Robert Griffin III, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, who all rank Top five in the NFL in total completion percentage. "

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

What's left unsaid is that he is the most inaccurate passer in the league when it comes to throws under 10 yards.

All Pro
    Well, if there was ever a time to execute the deep ball it's this Sunday. Pats biggest weakness is their secondary/deep coverage as the Seahawks proved late.

Chad had amazing deep ball proficiency, but nobody confused that with the idea that he had a cannon arm.

Same can be said of this accuracy issue.

Veteran
    Mark has always thrown a good deep ball it's outside the numbers that he isn't consistent or confident. There are way too many passes thrown in the middle of the field which can be dangerous with deflections and such.
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 10-18-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    From ESPN:
    "Mark Sanchez ranks third in the AFC in average throw distance, has two touchdowns with no interceptions and has a better completion percentage on the deep ball than Robert Griffin III, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, who all rank Top five in the NFL in total completion percentage. "

Finally a positive

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    What's left unsaid is that he is the most inaccurate passer in the league when it comes to throws under 10 yards.
    Relates to my post. The amount of drops and deflections in the middle of the field is alarming and will skew his percentage...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Relates to my post. The amount of drops and deflections in the middle of the field is alarming and will skew his percentage...
    The dropped passes are nothing more than another excuse for Sanchez.

The Jets do not have any receiver in the top 20 of dropped passes this year.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Lmao...reach much?

-

Veteran

It wasn't my intent to make excuses for Mark. I'm generalizing drops and defections, including deflections at the LOS. Way too many have occured this season.

All League
    Silly bickering aside in this thread, I just found it interesting and surprising. I fully expected Sanchez to be at the bottom throwing deep.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    It wasn't my intent to make excuses for Mark. I'm generalizing drops and defections, including deflections at the LOS. Way too many have occured this season.
    All teams have dropped passes, but the deflections have occured at an alarming rate.

Veteran
    All teams have dropped passes, but the deflections have occured at an alarming rate.
    All teams make questionable decisions, but the cheating has occurred at an alarming rate in NE...

See what I did there? Being a troll is easy...

From ESPN:

TWO throws doesn't exactly count as throwing the ball deep as much as Rodgers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The sooner Tex is outta here, the better

Each and every thread I am on, he's flaming away

Pathetic

TROLL

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Been saying this for 2+ years. The deflections are HORRIBLE. I realize its a part of the game, but Mark is good for 3-4 a game.

Of course, he is rather puny,short, and bowlegged, so that doesnt help his vision.

This tells me that this offense needs to go like the 70's Raiders. Run Run Bomb, Run Run Bomb, with a few short passes thrown in.

This can work against New England who has allowed the most 30+ yard passing plays in the league this year with about 11.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This tells me that this offense needs to go like the 70's Raiders. Run Run Bomb, Run Run Bomb, with a few short passes thrown in.

This can work against New England who has allowed the most 30+ yard passing plays in the league this year with about 11.
    Sounds good to me, but i fear it isnt very "Jet-Like".

you mean wide receivers who haven't played in every game aren't in the top 20 of dropped passes in the league? wierd...........

From ESPN:

Just more evidence that Sanchez is a franchise QB and that all the SOJF who want him to fail just so they can be miserable on this board need to get their heads out of their asses.