Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Eva Longoria is a bloody idiot

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Lol

    One of the worst defenses the left is spewing today.

    The context actually makes the comment worse. Stewart called the WH response "not optimal", and Obama specifically applied the term to the actual murders.

    I'm sorry, but if you can't see that Obama can not discern the difference, because he views them both only as instances that affect his re-electability, then you're just being naive.
    riiiggghhhttt,

    jeez

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    OK maybe I should have said it was inappropriate "in that forum" when it was all joking and yuking it up. Sorry you think "not optimal" is the correct thing to say about dead soldiers and diplomats.
    Look, obviously he was trying to use Stewart's words and turn them around; "Optimal" was said about 4 or 5 times in the interview. Was it poorly chosen? Sure. Do I think it is damning like you guys on the right, of course not.

    But you guys need to foam at the mouth about something because the left has taken the out of context 47% for a long walk.

    For some reason, Romney gets the benefit of the doubt from you, and defended quite vigorously. Obama, since you don't like him, does not.

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    riiiggghhhttt,

    jeez
    We know for a fact that Obama and his people lied about this attack for days on end to the families of the victims and the American public. Doesn't take a genius to know why.

    Like I said, totally naive. This guy has shown time and time again throughout this first term that reelection is priority one. Only those without total blinders on see it, luckily it seems like a good percentage do. I don't know what else to tell you. The apologies, excuses and short sidedness are almost as sick as the words themselves.

  4. #44
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Good word; I'm going to try that one out on my fiancée tonight.

    "Excellent dinner, my dear... a positively confoundational effort."
    LOL if you mean "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" or "WTF was THAT?"

  5. #45
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    But you guys need to foam at the mouth about something because the left has taken the out of context 47% for a long walk.
    I am apalled at the Administrations reaction to the Libya killings.

    How do you feel about the Administrations reaction to the Libya killings?

    Specificly, the blaming of "the video" and the numnerous references to denouncing it (the video), and protecting "the prophet" from such speech.

    I'm curious, because if you're the man you claim to be elsewhere, you will share my outrage that we were lied to for political gain. You will share my outrage that our Presidient de facto denounced the right fo free speech in defense of "the prophet", something not accorded other faiths in similar ways. And you will be outraged that our reaction to the murder of our ambassador and three millitary men/vets was.....nothing, thus far.

    So the comments of others aside, where you YOU stand on the Libya issues and why?
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-19-2012 at 02:45 PM.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    How do you feel about the Administrations reaction to the Libya killings?
    I don't care.

  7. #47
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I don't care.
    Conveniently, I wasn't asking you.

    I know who to ask, not ask, on serious matters PK. Much love, but it's rarely you in here. Like me (so I'm told), you're kinda.....predictable.

    You "not caring" about this is exactly what I'd have expected. Had it been a mob of angry Catholics tho...



    Must be because you're a drummer.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Conveniently, I wasn't asking you.

    I know who to ask, not ask, on serious matters PK. Much love, but it's rarely you in here. Like me (so I'm told), you're kinda.....predictable.

    You "not caring" about this is exactly what I'd have expected. Had it been a mob of angry Catholics tho...



    Must be because you're a drummer.

    Kinda like the Yankees losing to the Tigers.

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I am apalled at the Administrations reaction to the Libya killings.

    How do you feel about the Administrations reaction to the Libya killings?
    I am equally disgusted by the poor handling of disseminating the facts of what happened. In addition, it seems to be another poor showing by our intelligence community.

    Specificly, the blaming of "the video" and the numnerous references to denouncing it (the video), and protecting "the prophet" from such speech.
    I agree. i am not sure if this was incomeptence confusing some protests with some attacks. But yeah, this is a pretty big black eye (no pun intended) on the Obama administration

    I'm curious, because if you're the man you claim to be elsewhere, you will share my outrage that we were lied to for political gain. You will share my outrage that our Presidient de facto denounced the right fo free speech in defense of "the prophet", something not accorded other faiths in similar ways. And you will be outraged that our reaction to the murder of our ambassador and three millitary men/vets was.....nothing, thus far.

    So the comments of others aside, where you YOU stand on the Libya issues and why?
    I agree pretty much that a lot of this was probably politically calculated so close to the election. I think trying to figure out a way to present this to the American People and not have the administration look bad was obviously a motiviating factor and very disturbing. This is probably another reason why I won't vote for Obama this time around.

    I also think the right and Romney using this as political fodder is equally disturbing. No one else on the right seems to think so, though.

    What I don't think, or agree with, is that somehow Obama and the Administration don't care. That they are laughing about the deaths of Americans. That they find a dead ambassador an inconvenience. Which is basically what most of the right want us to believe today.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    What I don't think, or agree with, is that somehow Obama and the Administration don't care. That they are laughing about the deaths of Americans. That they find a dead ambassador an inconvenience. Which is basically what most of the right want us to believe today.
    They wanted him dead. They all laughed and said "HAHAHAHAHA"! A DEAD AMERICAN!! HOW AWESOME!

    Now...watch this drive.

  11. #51
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I am equally disgusted by the poor handling of disseminating the facts of what happened. In addition, it seems to be another poor showing by our intelligence community.



    I agree. i am not sure if this was incomeptence confusing some protests with some attacks. But yeah, this is a pretty big black eye (no pun intended) on the Obama administration



    I agree pretty much that a lot of this was probably politically calculated so close to the election. I think trying to figure out a way to present this to the American People and not have the administration look bad was obviously a motiviating factor and very disturbing. This is probably another reason why I won't vote for Obama this time around.
    Ok, some agreement, thats a nice change.

    I also think the right and Romney using this as political fodder is equally disturbing. No one else on the right seems to think so, though.
    I disagree. Poor handling of something that is core to the job description IS political fodder, rightfully so.

    Yes, it's a two-standard system. The guy IN-OFFICE has certain responsabillities because he's already....in office. He does not get to lie for political gain. The challenger does get the advantage of being able to snipe a record without having one himself. Not saying it's fair (nor is it baised, it works that way both ways), but it is how it is. Being in office comes with certain drawbacks politically due to the job.

    What I don't think, or agree with, is that somehow Obama and the Administration don't care. That they are laughing about the deaths of Americans. That they find a dead ambassador an inconvenience. Which is basically what most of the right want us to believe today.
    Agreed. I think what they want is to minimize it politically, but that doesn't mean they don't care per se. But if you asked me what they care about MORE, I'd say it's their own political future > the event in Libya. We can agree to disagree on that.

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I disagree. Poor handling of something that is core to the job description IS political fodder, rightfully so.
    Maybe my problem was more with the timing. They began the attack on Obama hours after we heard about Libya. I think it was midnight when Romney had his press conference.

    Criticizing the job is one thing, but how can you do that hours after it happened?

    That, to me, did not come across as criticism of a poor job. It came across as political expediency.

  13. #53
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Conveniently, I wasn't asking you.

    I know who to ask, not ask, on serious matters PK. Much love, but it's rarely you in here. Like me (so I'm told), you're kinda.....predictable.

    You "not caring" about this is exactly what I'd have expected. Had it been a mob of angry Catholics tho...



    Must be because you're a drummer.
    can ya rock me, DrummerKhan, DrummerKhan?


    (I may have to ban myself now)

  14. #54
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Maybe my problem was more with the timing. They began the attack on Obama hours after we heard about Libya. I think it was midnight when Romney had his press conference.
    Criticizing the job is one thing, but how can you do that hours after it happened?
    Because it never should have happened. Our Ambassadors and civillians staff should never be in a position where such a thing could happen, outside extraordinary force.

    If 15,000 well-armed Libyan Amry with AK's stormed the building and killed 200 Marines, ok, sucks hardcore, but the security was legit, and they simply brought more/bigger/stronger forces. That can always happen, although the odds are exceedingly small.

    A small crowd, not nearly all armed, effectively pulled off a Terrorist Op as lucky as 9/11 was, because it could have been stopped by a half platoon of Marines led JetDawgg and our old rich friend from Carolina.

    Political reality is simple. If it happens on your watch, it's your fault. Same way Obama gets credit for "killing OBL" when so much of how that came to happen was actually good ol' G.W.Bush policy in action. The very policy Obama denounced. But, political reality, he still gets to claim credit.

    That, to me, did not come across as criticism of a poor job. It came across as political expediency.
    We can agree to disagree. To me it came accross as both.

  15. #55
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    (I may have to ban myself now)
    You can't.

    I tried it. Doesn't work.


  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Because it never should have happened. Our Ambassadors and civillians staff should never be in a position where such a thing could happen, outside extraordinary force.

    If 15,000 well-armed Libyan Amry with AK's stormed the building and killed 200 Marines, ok, sucks hardcore, but the security was legit, and they simply brought more/bigger/stronger forces. That can always happen, although the odds are exceedingly small.

    A small crowd, not nearly all armed, effectively pulled off a Terrorist Op as lucky as 9/11 was, because it could have been stopped by a half platoon of Marines led JetDawgg and our old rich friend from Carolina.

    Political reality is simple. If it happens on your watch, it's your fault. Same way Obama gets credit for "killing OBL" when so much of how that came to happen was actually good ol' G.W.Bush policy in action. The very policy Obama denounced. But, political reality, he still gets to claim credit.



    We can agree to disagree. To me it came accross as both.
    I don't know, this means Romney's team had all this information at 12:00am 9/12. I highly doubt that. I think it was political first and foremost, and the outrage came later.

    The buck stop with the Pres. and I agree with that, but to hear the same people decry giving Obama any credit for Bin Laden but all the blame for Libya just sort of makes me turn a deaf ear to them.

  17. #57
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You can't.

    I tried it. Doesn't work.



    errrr...ummm...

    Quite.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I am equally disgusted by the poor handling of disseminating the facts of what happened. In addition, it seems to be another poor showing by our intelligence community.



    I agree. i am not sure if this was incomeptence confusing some protests with some attacks. But yeah, this is a pretty big black eye (no pun intended) on the Obama administration



    I agree pretty much that a lot of this was probably politically calculated so close to the election. I think trying to figure out a way to present this to the American People and not have the administration look bad was obviously a motiviating factor and very disturbing. This is probably another reason why I won't vote for Obama this time around.

    I also think the right and Romney using this as political fodder is equally disturbing. No one else on the right seems to think so, though.

    What I don't think, or agree with, is that somehow Obama and the Administration don't care. That they are laughing about the deaths of Americans. That they find a dead ambassador an inconvenience. Which is basically what most of the right want us to believe today.
    As I remember Obama used it in his campaign Bombing inoocent men women and children. Remember that one? Obama flat out lied about Lybia and everyone knows it!

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I wasn't refuting that, I was agreeing. Eva Longoria as a serious political player is mind numbingly stupid.
    Agreed, but nowhere as bad as having Mitt as Potus. He's much more clueless as to how to rebuild America. His decisions have helped destroy our economic system since the 1980's.

  20. #60
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Lol

    One of the worst defenses the left is spewing today.

    The context actually makes the comment worse. Stewart called the WH response "not optimal", and Obama specifically applied the term to the actual murders.

    I'm sorry, but if you can't see that Obama can not discern the difference, because he views them both only as instances that affect his re-electability, then you're just being naive.
    Mountain.





    Mole hill.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us