Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eva Longoria is a bloody idiot

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    They may not. They're going to be busy tomorrow looking at this idiotic statement:

On the Daily Show today, President Barack Obama, on the Benghazi murders:

"Here’s what I’ll say. If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal. "

IT'S NOT OPTIMAL.

My Lord. I can hear the apologists scurrying to get in line and explain this away.
    If the not optimal line isn't used in next mondays debate I will lose it. Has there ever been a bigger gaffe?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    If the not optimal line isn't used in next mondays debate I will lose it. Has there ever been a bigger gaffe?
    Its only a gaffe..... if the MSM says it is.

The Obamites certainly wont see it as a gaffe.

Hopefully it will push the undecided's who are understandably (in my view) uncomfortable with Romney...into the final realization that a flawed Romney trumps this mess.

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the context of the interview it isn't a gaffe. Stewart said in a question the word optimal and Obama used Stewarts word to make a point.

Of course to Obama detractors that won't matter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    In the context of the interview it isn't a gaffe. Stewart said in a question the word optimal and Obama used Stewarts word to make a point.

The gaffe is the line itself. The 47% line came when Romney was discussing election strategy. He said that the 47% of people that don't pay income tax wouldn't be swayed by a political argument touting lower taxes. It was stupid but in context it wasn't that big of a deal.

When a President says that the murder and rape of our ambassador by Al Qaeda is "not optimal" it makes for a terrible gaffe. One which Romney should certainly use in Mondays debate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

After Obama's defense of Ben Ghazi ("I DID say act of terror" . . .) he's lost all ability to take context into consderation . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not saying I approve. But that's politics. You don't think Romney courted the African American vote at the NAACP? Or the Hispanic vote when he went on Univision?
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    That's totally different.

I'm not sure why but someone else will 'splain it.
    Unless Romney showed up in brown face paint eating tacos, then no -- it's not the same thing at all . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Its only a gaffe..... if the MSM says it is.
    Yup. It's (to Obama) a "Not Optimal Bump in the Road".

And thats not a gaffe.

"Binders of Women".....thats a gaffe.

My TV told me so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The gaffe is the line itself. The 47% line came when Romney was discussing election strategy. He said that the 47% of people that don't pay income tax wouldn't be swayed by a political argument touting lower taxes. It was stupid but in context it wasn't that big of a deal.

When a President says that the murder and rape of our ambassador by Al Qaeda is "not optimal" it makes for a terrible gaffe. One which Romney should certainly use in Mondays debate.
    Both in the context are not terrible gaffes. They are opportunities for their opposition to use against them but "47%" and "optimal" are not as damning as they are being portrayed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    After Obama's defense of Ben Ghazi
    I think that guy sells cigarettes on the street corner near my office.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Lie down with desperate housewives, get tweets.
    I thought it was lie down with a parateets, uh, canary and get chirpies?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I think that guy sells cigarettes on the street corner near my office.
    Who are you, Joe Biden?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So let's recap:

1) She retweets a statement that says Romney is a "misogynistic twat", a phrase so ironically meta that it belongs in an MC Escher woodcut.

2) She then pretends that she didn't retweet the statement, blaming it on a twitter bug -- probably after someone close to her told her she's an idiot (Mark Sanchez lying next to her in bed, perhaps).

3) She then admits to retweeting it, saying that it's important to retweet things she vehementy disagrees with because she "respects all Americans" -- except, of course, racist/misogynistic twats like Romney, or stupid people who will vote for him.

And oh btw, she is a co-chair of the Obama campaign.

I am literally losing respect for Sanchez not because of his inconsistent play, but because he gives an airhead like this the time of day.
    How long have you been around women?

I fail to see the novelty; but thoroughly impressed by your snappy post. Good thoughts, but this is nothing new for wimmins...they are by nature, confoundational.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both in the context are not terrible gaffes. They are opportunities for their opposition to use against them but "47%" and "optimal" are not as damning as they are being portrayed.
    A president joking about the death of American soldiers and diplomats on his watch is ok with you?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Yup. It's (to Obama) a "Not Optimal Bump in the Road".

And thats not a gaffe.

"Binders of Women".....thats a gaffe.

My TV told me so
    I didn't think it was a gaffe; I thought it was a non-sequitur with serious legs.

I GOT BINDERS!

LOLOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    A president joking about the death of American soldiers and diplomats on his watch is ok with you?
    Is that today's spin? Now he was joking about t?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    How long have you been around women?

I fail to see the novelty; but thoroughly impressed by your snappy post. Good thoughts, but this is nothing new for wimmins...they are by nature, confoundational.
    Good word; I'm going to try that one out on my fiancée tonight.

"Excellent dinner, my dear... a positively confoundational effort."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that today's spin? Now he was joking about t?
    OK maybe I should have said it was inappropriate "in that forum" when it was all joking and yuking it up. Sorry you think "not optimal" is the correct thing to say about dead soldiers and diplomats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I didn't think it was a gaffe; I thought it was a non-sequitur with serious legs.

I GOT BINDERS!

LOLOL
    It's certainly clumsy, no doubt.

But in all seriousness (and I regret that I am being serious on this), I take very serious issue with the "small ball" issues that Obama seems intent on winning the election with, given the very serious issues that currently exist.

When we should be talking jobs, Libya, and the like, we're talking "binders", "War on Women (I.e. Abortion)" and "Big Bird".

I don't like Mitt Romney, I think I've been very clear on that (ask Chiefs, I think Romney is full of **** generally, and will be very Bush'ian when it comes down to it), but I find teh lack of seriousness, and the many instances of facts being held back and (IMO) intentially distorted for political gain by the current Administaration, that it's simply not acceptable.

Libya was a staw and camels back IMO. I absolutely believe the response was designed around POLITICAL consideration only, and that we were directly lied to as part of that repsonse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol

One of the worst defenses the left is spewing today.

The context actually makes the comment worse. Stewart called the WH response "not optimal", and Obama specifically applied the term to the actual murders.

I'm sorry, but if you can't see that Obama can not discern the difference, because he views them both only as instances that affect his re-electability, then you're just being naive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    OK maybe I should have said it was inappropriate "in that forum" when it was all joking and yuking it up. Sorry you think "not optimal" is the correct thing to say about dead soldiers and diplomats.
    Oh come on. "Not optimal" was appropriate in context. Should Obama have stood up and left when the subject was broached, since he was on a comedy show?

I feel Obama's terrible foreign policy is partly responsible for the death of American's. For that reason i am dissatisfied with him. I also feel that his dishonest spin of events after the fact regarding Benghazi, was shameful.

I don't give a crap that he describe the situation as "not optimal".