Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Amps. What do YOU play Through.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sweet lineup man. Wow, very nice.
    I posted this with you in mind, Fister. With 2 crappy solid state amps I can create a stereo spread at home and route the drums where I want them etc. I can run MP3's through that pedal board (the layout is wrong there - the pedalboard is always facing the other way so I can have the amps behind me - big difference). I can emulate Trower's wide vibrato, and then play "Dead Flowers" or something completely different. The stereo spread adds natural sustain and richer tones obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    what is the hollowbody in the center?
    Crestwood. The mighty, mighty Crestwood. The wood sustain block stops under the bridge; it was made in the 70's (except the Fenders, those are all extremely well made Japanese knockoffs from the golden age of Nippon-One Upmanship). That Epi dreadnaught is a direct copy of a Martin D28; wide fingerboard and powerful sound.

THe Crestwood is strung with .11's; the tele is .009's.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Stop using my words, plagiarist.

Person playing is Pierre De Beauport, "Keef's" guitar guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QvftmhE9pw

Wait; look over there!

No no no OVER HERE

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    This guy lives in a recording studio here in town. For the right price, it's available.

Maybe not.

Don't ask me about the tubes.

How right is the price?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    How right is the price?
    $1,500

$1,500
    Funny how inexpensive amps most of us had back in the late 60s-early 70s are now worth so much.

I have a Peavy Envoy 110. It's perfect for the hacking around I do on my Peavy wolfgang guitar. I also have a Line6 Pod ($400)....it has a ****load of preset sound effects that make the hair metal that much more fun to play.

Bewildered Beast
    Funny how inexpensive amps most of us had back in the late 60s-early 70s are now worth so much.
    There will be someone that wants that amp; it's been upgraded internally by a late friend of mine; he worked with Dr. Saul Marantz on analog circuitry in th early 90's (he would point out with spectrograph that early CD's had a "sheen' in the higher frequencies...)

besides, I sold a vintage Deluxe Reverb for $100 because I needed funds (1980). I have to even the scales, Borgo!

There will be someone that wants that amp; it's been upgraded internally by a late friend of mine; he worked with Dr. Saul Marantz on analog circuitry in th early 90's (he would point out with spectrograph that early CD's had a "sheen' in the higher frequencies...)

besides, I sold a vintage Deluxe Reverb for $100 because I needed funds (1980). I have to even the scales, Borgo!
    I empathize with you, WCO. Sold my 70s-era Precision bass in the early 80s for cash as well. Think I bargained the music store guy up from $150 to $200. Can't imagine what it would be worth today.

Veteran
    Tube Works TD75 designed by BK Butler, re-potted with GenzBenz parts.
    Fender Harvard reverb
    Peavey ch130 2x12 w/1 green back and 1 celestion

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Tube Works TD75 designed by BK Butler, re-potted with GenzBenz parts.
    Fender Harvard reverb
    Peavey ch130 2x12 w/1 green back and 1 celestion
    I love analog tube distortion (yes that is somewhat redundant); would love to put this pedal through a workout.

Veteran
    Truth
    A costumer of mine was selling me a 72-74 Kustom head and 2x12 cabinet for $75 and I screwed up and told to much on it. Now he wants $300 after researching on line. Sweet Blue vinyl but not for that price.
    May save and add a Zinky or Dr Z to my collection in the near future.

Veteran
    I love analog tube distortion (yes that is somewhat redundant); would love to put this pedal through a workout.
    I got the amp, not the seperate preamp box from their first line. I think it was a mosvalve which is the same company and were absorbed by GenzBenz.

Bewildered Beast
    I got the amp, not the seperate preamp box from their first line. I think it was a mosvalve which is the same company and were absorbed by GenzBenz.
    Chandler and TubeWorks (BLueTUbe etc) came out as the first boutique overdrive boxes. Never had one; always intrigued.

Truth
    A costumer of mine was selling me a 72-74 Kustom head and 2x12 cabinet for $75 and I screwed up and told to much on it. Now he wants $300 after researching on line. Sweet Blue vinyl but not for that price.
    I remember seeing those Kustom cabinets back in the 70s and thinking they were cool. To the best of my memory, never played through one. Assuming it's in good shape, I'm thinking even at $300, that's a good deal.

I owned a Fender Precision Bass, PRE CBS. God I wish I had that now....

Bewildered Beast
    Truth
    BLUE TUCK & ROLL? Definite impulse/vanity item. I don't know of many people going to respect the tone in a Kustom.

Bewildered Beast
    I empathize with you, WCO. Sold my 70s-era Precision bass in the early 80s for cash as well. Think I bargained the music store guy up from $150 to $200. Can't imagine what it would be worth today.
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Do you guys meet weekly? I feel better already.

Face it, we all f**ked up selling our old instruments.

I even had an old Silvertone guitar which my folks bought me one Christmas from Sears (I must have been 10-11 years-old). It was impossible to play and keep in tune. Now, I'm reading that those guitars are prized and worth money. Who knew?

Face it, we all f**ked up selling our old instruments.

I even had an old Silvertone guitar which my folks bought me one Christmas from Sears (I must have been 10-11 years-old). It was impossible to play and keep in tune. Now, I'm reading that those guitars are prized and worth money. Who knew?
    Do you guys meet weekly? I feel better already.
    Im not totally truthful..I fukked up even more. I took the Fender Precision and added a "Fender Jazz" style pick up. This was 1978 or so. SO.... I had a pretty good techie, router in a NEW pick up and changed the bridge to a badass bridge. BOTH in search of the Geddy Lee sound.

I sold the bass in 1994 when I moved to Charlotte after learning that I cut the value of the instrument by more than half when I made the so called "improvements". I gave the kid my Acoustic 360 bass amp. He almost cried. He was a typical 19 year old wanting to be the next rock star. So he pulled up to buy a bass and walked away with my amp and bass. Amp was me paying it forward...

CRAZY................

Im not totally truthful..I fukked up even more. I took the Fender Precision and added a "Fender Jazz" style pick up. This was 1978 or so. SO.... I had a pretty good techie, router in a NEW pick up and changed the bridge to a badass bridge. BOTH in search of the Geddy Lee sound.

I sold the bass in 1994 when I moved to Charlotte after learning that I cut the value of the instrument by more than half when I made the so called "improvements". I gave the kid my Acoustic 360 bass amp. He almost cried. He was a typical 19 year old wanting to be the next rock star. So he pulled up to buy a bass and walked away with my amp and bass. Amp was me paying it forward...

CRAZY................
    Great story. Ouch on finding out you destroyed the value of the bass.

As for that kid, you made his life giving him that classic amp.