Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: This is a MUCH MUCH bigger game for the Pats then Jets

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like

    This is a MUCH MUCH bigger game for the Pats then Jets

    Pats are coming off a lose and are expected to win this game, losing a divisional home game and going to 3-4 could be pretty devastating. As for the Jets, we're coming off a win and a well played game against the Colts. As much as we'd like to keep the momentum and and get to 3-0 in the division a loss would not be nearly as crushing for us as it would be for the Pats. Just a little something to keep in mind Jets fans. All the pressure is on New England.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    good point

    it's always tougher for a team coming off a lose

    watching the Niners tonight and they are flat as a pancake coming off their lose to the Giants

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    good point

    it's always tougher for a team coming off a lose

    watching the Niners tonight and they are flat as a pancake coming off their lose to the Giants
    the niners arent flat the seahawks are actually a pretty good well coached football team.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    flatter than the tires on your GMC Diesel Truck

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    flatter than the tires on your GMC Diesel Truck
    how is this not trolling? this is actually pretty funny knowing that somebody infuriates you as much as this gmc person did. got milk?

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loss

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    No it's bigger for the Jets, because I am a Jet fan.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Pats are coming off a lose and are expected to win this game, losing a divisional home game and going to 3-4 could be pretty devastating. As for the Jets, we're coming off a win and a well played game against the Colts. As much as we'd like to keep the momentum and and get to 3-0 in the division a loss would not be nearly as crushing for us as it would be for the Pats. Just a little something to keep in mind Jets fans. All the pressure is on New England.
    I agree with this...the Jets schedule gets much easier down the road (without looking at the Pats schedule). The Pats are coming off a humiliating loss, Brady was mocked (nice robe btw, he really should stop his piece of ass wife from suggesting his wardrobe). the Jets won last week with a JV team, which now has varsity confidence. Pounding the Pats would be great, however it will not make or break the season.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the niners arent flat the seahawks are actually a pretty good well coached football team.
    By 11.....he. Is dead wrong, as usual. Niners are playing solid.

    remember....he predicted Mark would have 2 SBs in the next few years.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I agree with this...the Jets schedule gets much easier down the road (without looking at the Pats schedule). The Pats are coming off a humiliating loss, Brady was mocked (nice robe btw, he really should stop his piece of ass wife from suggesting his wardrobe). the Jets won last week with a JV team, which now has varsity confidence. Pounding the Pats would be great, however it will not make or break the season.
    + infinity + 1 Perfectamundo no one could have said it better.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last time Patriots lost a regular season divisional game at Foxborough was in 2008 against Mangini's Jets and Sparano's Dolphins.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets are getting rolled this game...

    I feel like I'm the only Jet fan that doesn't think beating the Colts was a major turn by the team. Colts were tailor made for the Jets... Small D. Can't stop the run. Coming off an emotional week the prior week. Colts can't run the ball & don't even try. So that helps the Jets immensley b/c we can't stop the run.

    Pats are going to score 30+ on the Jets defense. Jets defense is extremely average. Pats can run and pass the ball. 3rd & 4th in NFL for both categories. Jets are bad against the run, and get a very limited pass rush... Brady will eat that up.

    Pats D is top 5 or so against the rush... Their weakness is their DB's. Can Sanchez all of a sudden exploit that, b/c that's what they are going to need to do to win this game?

    Pats are pissed about last week. Rex has talked **** again. Belichick and Brady will run up the score. This game won't even be close.

    38-10 Pats...

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Pats are coming off a lose and are expected to win this game, losing a divisional home game and going to 3-4 could be pretty devastating. As for the Jets, we're coming off a win and a well played game against the Colts. As much as we'd like to keep the momentum and and get to 3-0 in the division a loss would not be nearly as crushing for us as it would be for the Pats. Just a little something to keep in mind Jets fans. All the pressure is on New England.
    Will it make a difference? Will this somehow cure the Jets woes on offense and defense? Will this allow the Jets to win this Sunday? The answer is NO.

    Therefore, I do not care.

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    We lose this game, our season goes back to the sh|tter and we trend to a 3 win season. Must win for us.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's a big for sure because it's against a division team. but the next game against the doltfins is nearly as big. the jets need to win at least one of the two or the season will be in jeopardy. luckily the doltfin game is here.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Just a little something to keep in mind Jets fans. All the pressure is on New England.
    The Jets haven't won an outright division title since 1998.

    Yet all the pressure is on the Pats?

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets haven't won an outright division title since 1998.

    Yet all the pressure is on the Pats?
    Don't be deliberately obtuse. A loss for the Pats this weekend would be far more devastating to the team than a loss for the Jets. The OP lays all of this out fairly clearly.

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets haven't won an outright division title since 1998.

    Yet all the pressure is on the Pats?
    Oh I think this would be an absolutely devastating loss for the Pats as far as being a home game, nationwide high expectations, blah, blah, blah.

    Having said that, I just don't see any way the Jets win this game...unless something happens to TB.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's bigger for the Pats because they have expectations of being a SB competing team while our expectations for a good season is backing into the playoffs as a wildcard team at 9&7 or 8&8.

    We accept our role as a second tier club the Pats don't.

  20. #20
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,656
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Don't be deliberately obtuse. A loss for the Pats this weekend would be far more devastating to the team than a loss for the Jets. The OP lays all of this out fairly clearly.
    Its also on account of expectations. I don't know what their o/u on wins were this year, but I'm guessing its in the 12-13 win range. They're expectations revolve around blowing out the AFCE and getting the #1 seed. Pretty hard to get there when you are 3-4. The Jets, OTOH, are expected to possibility compete for a WC birth. And even that is a stretch with all the injuries they've had.

    The formula getting to 9-7/10-6 is still there for the Jets, even with a loss this week. For the Pats, 3-4 puts them WAY behind the 8-ball as far as getting that #1 seed. It also puts them 1.5 games behind the Jets as far as winning the Division. That's unheard of for the Pats. I don't recall the last time a Brady-led Pats team was that far out of 1st place almost halfway through the season.

    This would be as devastating a week 7 loss could be for the Pats. But, its still week 7. The Pats could still go 12-4 - they've gone on runs like that before.

    In reality, it would be more devastating for Pats fans as they have come to expect greatness year in/year out. Being .500 (or worse) at the midpoint of the season is unheard of for them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us