Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Jenkins interview with Boomer and Carton

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Jenkins interview with Boomer and Carton

– On what’s wrong with the Jets: “It starts up top. One of the things about ‘Hard Knocks’ when it aired that left a sour taste in my mouth was that you saw (owner) Woody Johnson and (GM) Mike Tannenbaum just as much as you saw everybody else, and it’s about football. Go sit down somewhere. You’re a billionaire, it’s your team, these are your guys, they’re representing you. Let the team show themselves. Let the team work. Let the team understand what football is about.”

– On Mark Sanchez and the team’s high-profile culture: “He’s got his little girlfriend … and they’re GQ magazine posers and all of this stuff and it’s cute, yes. But if you can’t play football and do that at the same time, then stop doing it. Focus on football. Go sit in a corner, watch film and do all of that stuff.”

– Why he gets frustrated watching the Jets: “They have the talent. They’re just not using it.”

– Is Tannenbaum a good general manager? “No. I think he’s great with money and crunching the numbers. … He finds talent that is raw. But if you don’t have people that know how to put it together, then you can’t select those type of players.”

Link to interview: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/86...-kris-jenkins/

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    His knock on Tannenbaum seems more a knock on the coaching staff.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Is Tannenbaum a good general manager? “No. I think he’s great with money and crunching the numbers. …

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of this drivel coming from a guy who played 3 snaps for us and has done nothing else basically in his career.

whatever

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    On Tannenbaum: "He finds talent that is raw".

How about finding talent that is GOOD. And ready (or near ready) to go now. Lots of "potential" talent. Which again means "haven't done sh*t yet".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    All of this drivel coming from a guy who played 3 snaps for us and has done nothing else basically in his career.

whatever
    Pure media drivel and crap

He had no problem when Tannenbaum traded a 3rd and a 5th and adumped a 37 million dollar contract on him, of which he only played a year of it.

The hard knocks comments are laughable, he sure didn't seem to mind when the camera got a shot of him riding the golf cart when he wasn't even on the practice field yet coming off of yet another injury. (Though I readily admit that was a classic shot)

But Jenkins is falling victim of a lot of players who move into the media industry, they make **** up or bull**** their way in doing their jobs and they do it while compromising the integrity of the sport and the very league or organization that once paid him good money.

And some fans buy in

Pathetic

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post

whatever
    Yea, done nothing in his career other than make 4 Pro Bowls and 2 First-Team All Pro selections. Jenkins had talent and if not for injuries could've been really good for us...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you SOJFs andchowd trolls are right about me being a moron...

I googled Chris Jenkins and came up with a Welsh weight lifter and a cricket commentator... Then it hit me that the OP was referring to KRIS Jenkins

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I guess you SOJFs andchowd trolls are right about me being a moron...

I googled Chris Jenkins and came up with a Welsh weight lifter and a cricket commentator... Then it hit me that the OP was referring to KRIS Jenkins

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Took me a a few seconds before i realized who he was talking about also.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    Yea, done nothing in his career other than make 4 Pro Bowls and 2 First-Team All Pro selections. Jenkins had talent and if not for injuries could've been really good for us...
    But he wasn't.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenkins loves to talk about his former team. It's become a trend now. What a douche. To think I actually rooted for him in Carolina.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual Big Jenks is spot on. Especially with Sanchez.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    But he wasn't.
    He was when he was on the field...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    – On what’s wrong with the Jets: “It starts up top. One of the things about ‘Hard Knocks’ when it aired that left a sour taste in my mouth was that you saw (owner) Woody Johnson and (GM) Mike Tannenbaum just as much as you saw everybody else, and it’s about football. Go sit down somewhere. You’re a billionaire, it’s your team, these are your guys, they’re representing you. Let the team show themselves. Let the team work. Let the team understand what football is about.”

– On Mark Sanchez and the team’s high-profile culture: “He’s got his little girlfriend … and they’re GQ magazine posers and all of this stuff and it’s cute, yes. But if you can’t play football and do that at the same time, then stop doing it. Focus on football. Go sit in a corner, watch film and do all of that stuff.”

– Why he gets frustrated watching the Jets: “They have the talent. They’re just not using it.”

– Is Tannenbaum a good general manager? “No. I think he’s great with money and crunching the numbers. … He finds talent that is raw. But if you don’t have people that know how to put it together, then you can’t select those type of players.”

Link to interview: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/86...-kris-jenkins/
    Sounds about right to me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Between Namath, LT, Kris Jenkins and Ray Lucas I don't know which one is worse....you don't see Curtis Martin, Wayne Chrebet, Vinny, Chad, Shaun Ellis or Mo Lewis coming out and saying **** about the Jets. Those guys are class acts. I'm sick of this "Hey look at me" crap by former Jet players.....cant wait till we all make them look stupid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Between Namath, LT, Kris Jenkins and Ray Lucas I don't know which one is worse....you don't see Curtis Martin, Wayne Chrebet, Vinny, Chad, Shaun Ellis or Mo Lewis coming out and saying **** about the Jets. Those guys are class acts. I'm sick of this "Hey look at me" crap by former Jet players.....cant wait till we all make them look stupid.
    Some guys live by the ..if you have nothing nice to say say nothing.

Other guys are more open and honest.

What did Kris say that was wrong?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    +1. Funny to think that once a former player criticizes the Jets they get bashed by the fanbase. Joe Willie got the same treatment but in retrospect he was pretty spot on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post

You don't see Curtis Martin, Wayne Chrebet, Vinny, Chad, Shaun Ellis or Mo Lewis coming out and saying anything because they're not on TV as football analysts...