Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: Russell Wilson...

  1. #1

    Russell Wilson...

    The media is on this guys dick, and i know the 49ers have a tough D...but the dude did not look that impressive yesterday.

    he looked like he was looking for his primary read and then scrambling for his life. On those last 2 drives where they needed to score, the throws were wayyyy off.

    maybe the Patriot secondary actualy does make everyon look good? (except sanchez of course).

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    The media is on this guys dick, and i know the 49ers have a tough D...but the dude did not look that impressive yesterday.

    he looked like he was looking for his primary read and then scrambling for his life. On those last 2 drives where they needed to score, the throws were wayyyy off.

    maybe the Patriot secondary actualy does make everyon look good? (except sanchez of course).
    Lets hope... what you saw last night was EXACTLY what he looked like at NC State. LOTS of raw talent. We fans in fact thought that the NC State system just didnt fit him. Wisconsin certainly did. BUT...I am NOT even near convinced he will be a good pro QB.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Lets hope... what you saw last night was EXACTLY what he looked like at NC State. LOTS of raw talent. We fans in fact thought that the NC State system just didnt fit him. Wisconsin certainly did. BUT...I am NOT even near convinced he will be a good pro QB.
    Hes completing approximately 10% more of his passes then sanchez....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Hes completing approximately 10% more of his passes then sanchez....
    So am I...

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,766
    He is a good story. The media likes an underdog. He is undersized 4th round pick he had to beat out a hand-picked FA for starting QB. He earned his role.

    The way to beat NE is through the air. NE's secondary has made QBs look good. Unfortunately the passing game is not our strong suit. It says something that the team is better when the QB is only throwing for 80 yards. The way to beat the Giants last year was supposed to be in the passing game and we all know what happened.

    We need to play to our strengths more rather than trying to exploit NE's weaknesses. If we can run the ball and throw PA we will be fine. Sanchez is very good with the PA pass. We can't put this game all on Sanchez.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is a good story. The media likes an underdog. He is undersized 4th round pick he had to beat out a hand-picked FA for starting QB. He earned his role.

    The way to beat NE is through the air. NE's secondary has made QBs look good. Unfortunately the passing game is not our strong suit. It says something that the team is better when the QB is only throwing for 80 yards. The way to beat the Giants last year was supposed to be in the passing game and we all know what happened.

    We need to play to our strengths more rather than trying to exploit NE's weaknesses. If we can run the ball and throw PA we will be fine. Sanchez is very good with the PA pass. We can't put this game all on Sanchez.
    The addition of Keller will work wonders for the passing game...

  7. #7
    Mark needs to step up this year & in this game!
    Pats aren't getting any pressure on QBs & we now have guys that have the speed to get open.
    Kellers looking for a payday as a free agent, lets hope that he has the best damn game of his life!
    While other players are all beat up Kellers been watching from the sidelines, the guy MUST be ready to contibute.
    I'd also be trying to exploit any matchup with Hill. Hill is SO much bigger than anyone that the Pats can put out there on him, I smell some PIs coming if Mark throws some high ones to Hill.
    Maybe I'm just optimistic but I look at this Pats secondary with backup safeties (will Chung actually FINISH a game) & I think back to last year having Plaxislow, even without Holmes we have way more young raw talent this year.
    Kerley slant on Sunday could go a long way against this group. I'll be so mad if they allow pressure like they did last year on that Sunday night game.

  8. #8

    Keller & Sanchez

    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    The addition of Keller will work wonders for the passing game...

    Masters of the 6 yard pass play...

  9. #9
    seattle signed matt flynn to sit on the sidelines?

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If we can run the ball and throw PA we will be fine. Sanchez is very good with the PA pass. We can't put this game all on Sanchez.
    I agree 100%. The idea that we are going to let Sanchez air it out 40 times is a terrible strategy. This team gels when they are running the ball. It's hard to get an exact read on how well NE does against the run, because they've been up in so many games.

    But if I were the Jets, I would want to run, run, run - get physical, hit their D. Real smash-mouth football and then run some PA off of that. I would love to see the Wildcat actually work the way it did against us in that Miami game from two years back - when the D was just gassed and couldn't make a short stop to save their life.

    So many pundits are making a big deal of the only 11 passing attempts last week. I thought it was masterful - giving Mark throws where they really count.

    The Jets have nothing to really lose in this game. No one expected them to win it in August and no one expects it now. I think they'll come out loose and fired up - but ONLY if Rex goes in with the mindset of playing his own game rather than trying to ameliorate the strengths of the Pats.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    The media is on this guys dick, and i know the 49ers have a tough D...but the dude did not look that impressive yesterday.

    he looked like he was looking for his primary read and then scrambling for his life. On those last 2 drives where they needed to score, the throws were wayyyy off.

    maybe the Patriot secondary actualy does make everyon look good? (except sanchez of course).
    Seahawks can't throw the ball which is why the Pats should really be ashamed. I'm not sure anyone is on this guy's jock, he was in real danger of losing his job before the Pats game and after last night, will be again with aother bad performance.

  12. #12
    You still gotta throw to BEAT the Pats.
    I get it.......you still have to run but we have NO CHANCE if we try to win playing Shoddy ball & not try to get some chunk yardage.
    One thing I have been impressed with has been Sparanos willingness to let Mark go a little deeper down the field.
    Pats front 7 isn't close to Steelers/Niners/Texans
    I'll be hugely disappointed if we can't move the ball on this defense.

  13. #13
    He stinks and Alex Smith stinks, too.

    Carroll's ego has him starting Wilson. Pete Carroll's a massive douche if you haven't noticed. "NO WORRIES GUY, WE'LL GO GET HIM NEXT GAME!"

    Harbaugh's eventually going to put in Kaepernick.

    Because good coaches don't just sit idly by while their QB, who with a wicked defense, outstanding running game, great O-line, and strong talent at WR and TE barely gets the job done and make passes like Smith did in the End Zone while Moss was open for about half an hour last night.............That Niners team is absolutely loaded with talent. It's a travesty that they don't score a hell of a lot more than they do and it will cost Smith his job eventually.

    There's a lot of parallels between Seattle and the Jets for me:

    Neither team is good, other teams simply play horribly against them. And it's not like you can even say it was via some great defensive effort. Smith just made a bunch of really terrible mistakes.

    The Houston loss reminded me of this, as well.

    It always makes me think of that guy in your fantasy league who gets into the playoffs with the least points scored but every single person puts up like 40 points against him somehow despite the PPG avg. of the league being 110...........

  14. #14
    seattle is all hype. neon green unis. best player is lynch and thats it. big deal they beat green bay on a bad call. the jets should destroy them.

  15. #15
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    seattle is all hype. neon green unis. best player is lynch and thats it. big deal they beat green bay on a bad call. the jets should destroy them.
    I'll sig bet you that you're wrong on that.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    seattle is all hype. neon green unis. best player is lynch and thats it. big deal they beat green bay on a bad call. the jets should destroy them.
    Destroy them? LOL we'll be lucky to score a FG

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Harbaugh's eventually going to put in Kaepernick.
    Why? Granted he does have a cannon for an arm but he looks lost back there unless he's running option or throwing a single read bomb.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    seattle is all hype. neon green unis. best player is lynch and thats it. big deal they beat green bay on a bad call. the jets should destroy them.
    Right- because the Jets can stop the run and should have no problem putting up points on one of the toughest D's leagues in the league.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Why? Granted he does have a cannon for an arm but he looks lost back there unless he's running option or throwing a single read bomb.
    Might happen next season depending on how Smith plays rest of the year. You can see Harbaugh is planting the seeds by giving Kaepernick meaningful snaps and throws. I don't think he's ready either, but in 2013 or 2014 if Smith does not play well, very possible

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    seattle is all hype. neon green unis. best player is lynch and thats it. big deal they beat green bay on a bad call. the jets should destroy them.
    Against that defense?

    Sanchez will be lucky to complete 40% of his throws against that secondary.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us