Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Punting game will be huge

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Punting game will be huge

    Thank god we have this Malone kid.
    Anyone that was at last years Sunday night game will remember that our punting game sucked & that the Pats were constantly starting drives on the 50 yardline or on the Jets side of the field.
    Be nice to have them have to go long fields.
    Of course I do remember the one time in that game we had them inside the 5, they went through us like a hot knife through butter.
    Last years game was SO disappointing because the expectation was of the changing of the guard.
    This game, well, no one expects us to win so as far as pressure, Jets have none.
    DBrick needs to make up for one of his worst games of his career in that game.
    I think Carter had 5 sacks. Time to put the rookie Jones in his place. Jones has been using his long arms to jolt LTs off the line, Dbrick has arms just as long so he should be able to turn this matchup into a standoff.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Punters are so overrated.

    I don't expect to see the Pats' punter at all this game.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Dbrick has arms just as long so he should be able to turn this matchup into a standoff.
    How long are their arms?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Punters are so overrated.

    I don't expect to see the Pats' punter at all this game.
    Every thread.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    on the flip side i hope kerley gets the opportunity to return a few getting tired of the fair catch.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Punters are so overrated.

    I don't expect to see the Pats' punter at all this game.
    The whole buildup to this game is so similar to the 2010 playoff game.
    THE ENTIRE WORLD picks the Pats, no surprise there, but like every week in the NFL you really don't know what's gonna happen.
    I'm sure Packers fans were trying to figure out what happened vs the Colts 2 weeks ago.
    On any given Sunday

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    PUNTING????? Only on a JETS board.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, he is getting a ton of practice this year, unfortunately.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    PUNTING????? Only on a JETS board.

    Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski
    Punters are so overrated.

    I don't expect to see the Pats' punter at all this game.
    STFU both of you and all the negative AHs here,


  10. #10
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,027
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... one of the definite upgrades on this years team ...










    l_j_r

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    STFU both of you and all the negative AHs here,

    BLOW ME....Cam Newton sucks too.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know a season isn't going well when you read threads titled - "PUNTING GAME WILL BE HUGE..."
    Last edited by Paradis; 10-20-2012 at 11:39 AM.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,555
    Post Thanks / Like

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    BLOW ME....Cam Newton sucks too.
    LOL! Wahhhhh Wahhhh Wahhhhh.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    When know a season isn't going well when you read threads titled - "PUNTING GAME WILL BE HUGE..."
    Only on a JETS board.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Only on a JETS board.
    I was at the last game in NY.
    The punting game KILLED the jets that night.
    If you don't think that field position is important vs the Pats you haven't been paying attention.
    Only Jets fans troll fellow Jet fans because for the most part Jet fans are one of the worst fan bases in all of football & we all know it.
    I can't imagine this board if Brady was our QB & we were 3-3 he'd get booed on his 1st incompletion.
    I'm a huge Jet fan & believe me I know how much most Jet fans suck.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you are referring by "last game in NY" to some long lost game 29 or so years ago at Shea....

    Because in the last game played in NJ at Jet Life the punting by Malone was quite good if not excellent

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I assume you are referring by "last game in NY" to some long lost game 29 or so years ago at Shea....

    Because in the last game played in NJ at Jet Life the punting by Malone was quite good if not excellent

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    He is probably referring to Conley's punting vs the Pats last season...

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I assume you are referring by "last game in NY" to some long lost game 29 or so years ago at Shea....

    Because in the last game played in NJ at Jet Life the punting by Malone was quite good if not excellent

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm talking about last years Sunday Night debocle. Bad punting, Andre Carter with 5 sacks, 9 sacks given up, Folk missed chip shot FG, 1st drive of the game, McKnights fumble, Sanchez INT for a pick 6 to Nincompoop.
    Probably one of the worst Jet vs Pats home games in a long time.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I was at the last game in NY.
    The punting game KILLED the jets that night.
    If you don't think that field position is important vs the Pats you haven't been paying attention.
    Only Jets fans troll fellow Jet fans because for the most part Jet fans are one of the worst fan bases in all of football & we all know it.
    I can't imagine this board if Brady was our QB & we were 3-3 he'd get booed on his 1st incompletion.
    I'm a huge Jet fan & believe me I know how much most Jet fans suck.
    Understood but the fans are the way they/we are because of 43 years of poor management. Heck...we drafted a punter with a round 2 pick. Where did that get us? You know how many superstars were picked after that? A LOT!

    So Jets fans are this way because of 43 years of JETS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us