Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a huge optimistic Jets fan but I can not see any way we can win this Sunday.

Practice Squad

I am a huge optimistic Jets fan but I can not see any way we can win this Sunday.

I really think besides the Pats we can match up with any team. I think we just played SF and Houston at the wrong time. However I do not think that at NE we have any chance. The place will be loud, we do not have enough running backs and this is the one game where not having Revis will bite us as the Pats have too many receiving weapons and we do not have enough DB's.

I also think our DL needs a little more time to gel and that bythetime they come back we might have a chance. I just don't see any realistic scenarios where we can win this week. If you disagree and can in a respectful way tell me how then I am all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by chillster View Post
    I really think besides the Pats we can match up with any team. I think we just played SF and Houston at the wrong time. However I do not think that at NE we have any chance. The place will be loud, we do not have enough running backs and this is the one game where not having Revis will bite us as the Pats have too many receiving weapons and we do not have enough DB's.

I also think our DL needs a little more time to gel and that bythetime they come back we might have a chance. I just don't see any realistic scenarios where we can win this week. If you disagree and can in a respectful way tell me how then I am all ears.
    Its called "Any Given Sunday"
    Happens every week in the NFL. Did u think the Cardinals had a chance?
    Before the 2010 Playoff game, WEEI radio in Boston had a segment they called, "please call in to give a reason, any way possible that the Pats can lose to the Jets".
    One pats fan called in after no Pats fan could find any way possible that the Jets could beat the Pats & said, "Any Given Sunday".
    That Pats fan was probably the ONLY Pats fan in the entire area of New England that wasn't crying in his beer.

So as much as Tex & FF2 come in here spewing their troll garbage, if the 4th quarter rolls around & there is a chance that the crappiest team in the entire NFL EVER according to some people is within striking distance, these same Pats fans will be screaming at the TV praying that Hill doesn't get to abuse one of there sucky DBs.

All League
    The Patriots are 3-3 with losses to Arizona and Seattle. The Jets are 3-3 with losses to San Francisco and Houston. Scoring a lot of points does not make you unbeatable. Lets go jets

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I am a huge optimistic Jets fan but I can not see any way we can win this Sunday.
    Because we're going to lose.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Because we're going to lose.

SAR I
    I would agree. To say no way we win this game I would not agree. The pats offense does indeed give them many options to which we will undoubtly will not have enough answers to, is just stating the obvious. The reason we will have at least a punchers chance is simply the pats defense. Sanchez if you take away the 45-3 ass wipping has played pretty well vs the pats. Their secondary has been lit up all year long. If Greene can play tough and hit the hole hard " like a man not a *****" that will open up play action. The way I see it the Jets will need to score @ least 29 points to win. Will they? Odds are.... not. Bottom line would it shock me to win vs a 3-3 team? Not @ all.
    Last edited by Gibby; 10-19-2012 at 03:56 PM.

When they try that small ball crap to Welker and Landry smacks him a few times we'll see how many he can take Coples and Wilkerson will dominate the line again. Coples IMO was what the defense needed to get back to form he's an animal. 1 start 2 sacks

If the Texans game is anything to go by, I think we have a decent chance to beat them. I like our receivers matchup against thiers DB's based on raw talent. This is a very fast group. Can we exploit them? who knows.
    I hope we don't play scared and take it to them... challenge that secondary often and early. What I think is going to happen is Rex is hyped up about the resurgence of the running game, and we will see Greene go back to his old self. This will lead to a lot of third and longs, which will screw us in the end.

All Pro
    Can someone please change the name of this thread.

All Pro
    I'm a huge pessimistic Jet fan but I'm pretty sure we're going to win the rest of our games, then I'm going to win the lottery.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    One way

The fun way.

I have a confession to make:

I took New England in my Survivor pool. I agree 100%.

Despite having $300,000 at stake, I'll still be rooting for the Jets, but the Pats were far and away the best bet out of the teams I had available this week. The Jets are entirely predictable this year and the Pats are coming off a loss......So I'll take it then read the "jumping off the bridge" comments next week following the loss despite the fact that anybody sane had this game penciled in as an "L" when the schedule was released...............

All League

Simply by playing better than they do and keeping the score close come the 4th quarter. Do people forget what happened in that playoff game not too long ago? We whipped that AA$% and people thought we would get blown out..that's why they play the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Any other Sunday

It's going to be embarrassing.

We will probably lose. But it will not be the end of the world. Beat fish and go to by week 4-4. Then regroup.

Not so much as a chance in HELL!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I can't decide if I want the jets to win because I'm a fan, or because I want you to eat it.

yeah, i obviously hope we can pull it off, but don't really expect to win on Sunday.

win or lose, however, we absolutely HAVE TO beat Miami the following week.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I guess you're putting up your house to make that easy can't miss money. Good for you.

Only way Jets win

is if Brady goes out early, or he has an "accident."

This game has blowout written all over it... We won't be able to run on them enough to control the game.

They will run and pass all over the Jets poor defense.

Sanchez when he's forced into throwing situations rarely comes through, and when the Jets are down and forced into the pass, we know a pick six is somewhere lurking... 38-10. Pats.