Thread: Met Life Stadium Question

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Met Life Stadium Question

My 6 year old really wants to go to his first Jets game. What sections and rows would you recommend I look into? If it were just me, i don't mind the nose bleeds but for him, it would be too far away. Anyone have experiences they can share?

Thanks!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    End Zone lower level. They're not too expensive, and he'll think it's awesome when the action is on your side.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything in the lower level.

I would would still suggest a row above 20 so you and the lad sre high enough to see and enjoy the game.

Get there an hour before KO and your kid can have the special treat of walking down to the first row aisle and being close-up for the warm-up

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I was wondering if the first 4 rows of the upper sideline would work but am affraid the players will look really small to him and might be hard to follow the action.

I will take your suggestion, thanks again

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    Thanks! I was wondering if the first 4 rows of the upper sideline would work but am affraid the players will look really small to him and might be hard to follow the action.

I took my son to the upper deck for the first time.... when he was about 8.

Lets say, there were many moments when I regretted it, though overall he loved it.

Sat in 233 for the Miami game this year.... and had no problems.

Good view, nice enthusiastic folks, minimal arsewipes. (not to indict the whole upper deck, there are plenty of great folks up there too)

(cue SAR..)

-

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    common sense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Ive taken my 5 yr old to 3 games this year. I had only planned on taking him to the preseason game but he loves them so much we ended up going back twice more. Each time i waited until the night before the game and bought club seats.....at less than half price. With a young child, it really helps. Its less crowded, theres a place to sit when it gets too loud, too hot, etc. and its a good view. Plus no one stands.

In the lowers, you have to worry about the constant up and down with the ppl in front of you.

If you can swing the club seats, i def recommend them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's 6 and it's his first ever trip to a stadium for a football game he'll probably be excited anywhere in the stadium. With that said, definitely something not in the upper deck. A low row in the mezzanine or a mid row in the LL corners would probably be great.

Enjoy it! Taking a kid to his first football game is something special. I can still remember the day my Dad "handed down the curse" by taking me to my first Jets game....I think we lost by 23 points...ahhh...the memories!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Sat in 233 for the Miami game this year.... and had no problems.

(cue SAR..)

-
    Did we win? Is time travel as uncomfortable as they say (nausea)?

My 6 year old really wants to go to his first Jets game. What sections and rows would you recommend I look into? If it were just me, i don't mind the nose bleeds but for him, it would be too far away. Anyone have experiences they can share?

Thanks!
    For his first game, the LL and UD are too hectic merely because there are a lot of people there. I recommend the mezzanine because its far less crowded. Easier to get in/out of, no bathroom lines, no concession lines, nice view to see the entire field.

Wait until the Friday before the game, grab cheap mezzanine club seats, really good experience. As sg3 said, get in the stadium 90 minutes before kickoff an head to the nice ushers at 133 and they'll let you down to Row 1 and he'll have lunch while watching the players warm up.

What game are you considering? I may have a pair.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Did we win? Is time travel as uncomfortable as they say (nausea)?

The home opener...Buffalo.

You got me, I had a brain fart.

And agreed with Crash, clubs are good if you are impaired with a child or woman who needs to repair to a more comforable setting at times. If you are with a raucous crew of dudes who stands the whole time....not so much...though its still cool to have the club options.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The home opener...Buffalo.

You got me, I had a brain fart.

-
    And you didn't say hello? Very hurt.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    And you didn't say hello? Very hurt.

SAR I
    Where are you? I actually will be at the Miami game, same seats. So you and me can bond. I'll bring the grey poopon.
    -

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you? I actually will be at the Miami game, same seats. So you and me can bond. I'll bring the grey poopon.
    -

232A Row 1. Look down and to your right, right where the ribbon board bends, over the Club railing.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may have a pair.

SAR I
    Debatable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

232A Row 1. Look down and to your right, right where the ribbon board bends, over the Club railing.

SAR I
    Wow....thats makeable range..I mean..great seats. I remember you discussing the whole thought process behind selecting them.

-

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Purchase Sunday Ticket for your son. Best seat in the house.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Debatable.
    ZING!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Ive taken my 5 yr old to 3 games this year. I had only planned on taking him to the preseason game but he loves them so much we ended up going back twice more. Each time i waited until the night before the game and bought club seats.....at less than half price. With a young child, it really helps. Its less crowded, theres a place to sit when it gets too loud, too hot, etc. and its a good view. Plus no one stands.

In the lowers, you have to worry about the constant up and down with the ppl in front of you.

If you can swing the club seats, i def recommend them.
    Excellent advice, thank you for all the suggestions here.

Crash- when you've gotten them the night before did you use Stubhub, Ticket Exchange...?

SAR - thanks for the offer but I'm going to need more than a pair, since I want to bring my dad as well, but thank you

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent advice, thank you for all the suggestions here.

Crash- when you've gotten them the night before did you use Stubhub, Ticket Exchange...?

SAR - thanks for the offer but I'm going to need more than a pair, since I want to bring my dad as well, but thank you
    Stubhub last time - craigslist the time before. Craigslist has its own perils but if your willing to wade thru the fishy ones , you can often find a deal.

For the colts game i pulled the trigger around 9pm on sat nite stub. I followed a couple of sets of tix and the ones that i liked (with parking) kept dropping.

Miami might be hifh in demand, but after that, tix should be pretty cheap the rest of the year.