Thread: Let Tebow score in the redzone.

Jets Insider VIP

Let Tebow score in the redzone.

This weekend lets get him involved more. I would like to see him run it in on a draw...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    This weekend lets get him involved more. I would like to see him run it in on a draw...
    Like or dislike, Dude brings the energy. I really think it pumps up the team too.

A Tebow TD, under these circumstances, against this team, with their trollie fans, would be HUGE!

GO JETS!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I'd rather have the starter develop a sense, and knack for scoring.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I'd rather have the starter develop a sense, and knack for scoring.
    Id rather avoid pick6's in the redzone.

I apologize. Go Jets

Seriously tho, Sanchise didnt seem to mind his lessened role last week. Shoot, for all we know, he may actually prefer it that way. He gets his chances.

Like Cowher said HE WOULD EXHAUST ALL OPPORTUNITIES!!! Ur on 53 ur PLAYIN!!!

All Pro
    I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few carries from inside the 5, if the Jets get down there.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Like Cowher said HE WOULD EXHAUST ALL OPPORTUNITIES!!! Ur on 53 ur PLAYIN!!!
    And he did, took 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    And he did, took 14 years.
    Rex has 10 yrs to go .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Rex has 10 yrs to go .
    It gets done in the next 4 years or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few carries from inside the 5, if the Jets get down there.
    Jets need to commit to pounding the rock when they're having success on the ground and not abandon it too early like they've done before.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets were perfect in the redzone last week and the key is the redzone offense isn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The Jets were perfect in the redzone last week and the key is the redzone offense isn't the problem.
    Your measuring stick for this team's problems is their performance against the Colts?

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Your measuring stick for this team's problems is their performance against the Colts?
    The Jets red zone offense hasn't been a problem since 2010. We have trouble moving the ball, but we've been good at finishing drives once we get inside the 20.

The problems are games like the one against the 9ers, when we never make it to the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The Jets red zone offense hasn't been a problem since 2010. We have trouble moving the ball, but we've been good at finishing drives once we get inside the 20.

The problems are games like the one against the 9ers, when we never make it to the red zone.
    Our offense truly is an enigma: We can finish drives, but we can't start drives.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Ummmmmm NOOOooooooooo!!!

And the other posters who responded to you pointed out the obvious responses to your question of me.......

Come on Man!!!

Tebow has had plenty of opportunities in the redzone and has not capitalized once. Why in the world should we give him MORE opportunities?Have we not seen 3 yards and fall enough yet?

I am one of the most vocal Tebow detractors on this board and even I am pleased that we have him. Though not as a QB (that's not gonna change), I really enjoy his special teams and short yardage situation abilities (which we've actually seen work).

What Skip Bayless once said about Tebow was correct: This kid is a gamer; he's a baller; playmaker; and a shotcaller. The thing Skip didn't realize is that he doesn't need to be a team's starting QB to still be all of those things.

People make a lot of Tebow's low YPC when he does his running thing, but the reason for that is because it's not true option and defenses are wise to that fact; they KNOW it's just going to be a fake handoff and run into the backs of either guard. For Tim to be successful, you MUST allow him to bring the game down to schoolyard football. When Tim is forced to think on his feet, his feet are successful. Mix in that with a few special teams passes, the D will be back to having to think about the pass thus opening up the "Tebow Time" running game a bit more.

To finish, I still think Mark should be our starting QB. But, in the right situations, Tim can be that gamer that Rex wanted. Just like with any other player, you've got to put him in a situation to succeed.
    Last edited by McGinley; 10-20-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    How bout we just concentrate on scoring in general...?

tebow scoring a td would fire up the team no doubt.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    tebow scoring a td would fire up the team no doubt.
    Dude goes all ape**** when he completes a punt conversion, or rushes for anything over 8 yards.

I fear an aneurism when he breaks the plain of the goal.