Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else think that Rex, Sparano & Westhoff have something up their sleeve??

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Honestly, with a coach like Bellichek who wants to be prepared for everything and anything, just the threat of Tebow is good enough. But i wouldnt be surprised if we see a lot more tebow playing with sanchez
    I'm starting to think that the difficulty of preparing for the Wilcat/Tebow has been drastically overstated by the current administration.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Busting your chops, pee wee
    Bust someone else's Fatty Arbuckle....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I was waiting for someone to go there, but give the guy a break for knee jerking and letting the trolling get into his head. Just don't Tebow Arod, it's trademarked now, lol!

And of couse the team has a game plan to beat the pasties. The element of surprise combined with luck & skill always win the day. Hell, there's going to be a freakin meteor shower tonight filled with the remnants of Hailey's Comet. What other signs from above would you like to see in order to believe the Jets have luck on their side and can win against the cheaties? (-;
    It doesn't get in my head at all Sue - but when this place becomes so overrun with negative garbage that it dominates every thread you read, there's really no reason to sit here and read all the pessimism. When it gets like that again, (and I have no doubt it will) I will distance myself again.

Whether I choose to be here or not, I still watch the Jets every week that they play, that's all that really matters in my eyes. I could really give 2 sh-ts what anyone else thinks, quite honestly.....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 10-21-2012 at 01:56 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Maybe we'll see the 4-3 ...Who the hell is Jake Steinberg? An agent?
    Steiny has the confidence of some of the guys in the locker room, must've heard it there.

If it's a new game plan, why would it "drop" in the morning? Why couldn't it wait until go time? Must be something else. Pickle pants?!

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Steiny has the confidence of some of the guys in the locker room, must've heard it there.

If it's a new game plan, why would it "drop" in the morning? Why couldn't it wait until go time? Must be something else. Pickle pants?!
    Dual punters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    lel, don't even bother. While you were gone, I had to keep explaining "rustled" to these potatoes.
    you know, that really chaps my damn jimjams.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Jake Steinberg tweets
    https://twitter.com/Steiny31

"Wait until you see what Rex has cooked up for the Pats... he's taking a risk, if it works he'll be called a genius, if not, he'll get killed"

"You are about to be shocked.."

"has to do with the defensive side of the ball. will spill tomorrow morning, don't want to ruin the gamplan lol"

"boldest call/biggest risk of the rex ryan era."

"promise i'm not messing"
    This is interesting if it proves to be true....I would prefer that Steinberg keeps it to himself and not spill it at all, let us see for ourselves when the game is played.

I really do feel like Rex and the entire coaching staff will pull out all the stops in this game, I think they realize that this could be the turning point of the Jets season - in one direction or the other.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 10-21-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Jake Steinberg tweets
    https://twitter.com/Steiny31

"Wait until you see what Rex has cooked up for the Pats... he's taking a risk, if it works he'll be called a genius, if not, he'll get killed"

"You are about to be shocked.."

"has to do with the defensive side of the ball. will spill tomorrow morning, don't want to ruin the gamplan lol"

"boldest call/biggest risk of the rex ryan era."

"promise i'm not messing"

My thoughts...Tebow might play some defense tomorrow. Whatever it is, either it is going to work and energize this fan base....or if we go down, at least we go out in flames. Win, win.
    Three theories:

1.) Cro will be our secret pass rusher from the corner spot. Think about it: he doesn't fare as well against Welker-type WR's and isn't strong enough to cover Gronk/Hernandez. While he's a very solid CB, this isn't an ideal matchup for him and I'm not sure anyone would expect him to be coming after Brady. However, we don't have any especially solid corners after Cro, so this could be tough to pull off.

2.) Pouha is out. Kenrick Ellis is out. The Pats don't have the greatest running game (Ridley is out). Rex may employ a "speed" front 7. Maybe Coples plays a little DT. Davis would see more plays at LB. Maybin will see a lot of action. Rob Ryan and Dom Capers occasionally use a "psycho" formation where no one has their hand down on the ground, but are walking around the line pre-snap. This isn't really anything unique, however. Teams have done this before.

3.) Everyone knows the Patriots are a pass-first team. When the Jets beat them in the '10 playoffs, they used some very pass-heavy defensive schemes. Perhaps Rex is putting an extreme pass-defense unit together. 0 defensive linemen on the field (or maybe 1 at the most). 8-9 defensive backs and 1-2 linebackers in the secret formation. It's a risk because the Pats would be able to run the ball at will. But where is Brady going to throw the ball if every receiver is doubled?

There's also this, if Rex wants to open up his dad's playbook near the end of the half/game: http://smartfootball.com/defense/bud...oalline-tactic
    Last edited by Sexy Rexy; 10-21-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will this "shocking surprise" be unveiled in any of the pregame shows? I just want to prepare myself for this monstrosity that the Jets will unveil against us today just so I can be better equipped to deal with the onslaught when I watch it implode-i mean explode- before my very eyes....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Dual punters.
    You may be onto something. And maybe four punt protectors?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No huddle defense. They're going to catch the Patriots offense off guard when the Jets snap the ball and pounce on it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Rexy View Post
    1.) Cro will be our secret pass rusher from the corner spot. Think about it: he doesn't fare as well against Welker-type WR's and isn't strong enough to cover Gronk/Hernandez. While he's a very solid CB, this isn't an ideal matchup for him and I'm not sure anyone would expect him to be coming after Brady. However, we don't have any especially solid corners after Cro, so this could be tough to pull off.
    One huge flaw here. Cro would need to hit somebody. Better off sending Wilson on the corner blitz.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    No huddle defense. They're going to catch the Patriots offense off guard when the Jets snap the ball and pounce on it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Zeppelin View Post
    One huge flaw here. Cro would need to hit somebody. Better off sending Wilson on the corner blitz.

Oh snap!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All out blitz every snap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No

No.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Rex's 'shocking' secret move is Trufant on Welker.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steinberg's just a ****ing hack trying to get some buzz for himself. Some revelation, *******.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone lost some rep today.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    as the surprise happened yet?

Can't wait!