Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: Anybody else think that Rex, Sparano & Westhoff have something up their sleeve??

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,562

    Question Anybody else think that Rex, Sparano & Westhoff have something up their sleeve??

    I am not necessarily saying that we will see the unveiling of the wildcat that alot of people have been expecting, but, I really have a feeling that Rex, Sparano and Westhoff are going to show some things in this game that nobody has on film yet.

    Will it be enough for us to win the game? I don't know, depends on if the defense can build on their performance from last weekend in my opinion.

    That being said, I think this will be an interesting game to watch and see what rabbits are pulled out of the hat, I definitely feel like the Jets coaching staff have some tricks up their sleeve for tomorrow....

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,196
    Yeah, i think we will see some stuff we havent seen before. Will it amount to something up our sleeve? Not sure.

    But i think, as the weeks progress, we will see more new tebow plays introduced.

    Honestly, with a coach like Bellichek who wants to be prepared for everything and anything, just the threat of Tebow is good enough. But i wouldnt be surprised if we see a lot more tebow playing with sanchez

  3. #3
    I hope they dont get too cute (like trying the onside kick after the huge kickoff return for a touchdown.) We MIGHT be good enough to beat the Patsies straight up.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,707
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I am not necessarily saying that we will see the unveiling of the wildcat that alot of people have been expecting, but, I really have a feeling that Rex, Sparano and Westhoff are going to show some things in this game that nobody has on film yet.

    Will it be enough for us to win the game? I don't know, depends on if the defense can build on their performance from last weekend in my opinion.

    That being said, I think this will be an interesting game to watch and see what rabbits are pulled out of the hat, I definitely feel like the Jets coaching staff have some tricks up their sleeve for tomorrow....
    I think we will dispense with gimmick plays on offense and resort to a good old fashioned slugfest with both lines being dominant in the trenches! We will run the ball as long as we can and wear down their DL. Further, Brady can not stand to be pummeled! When he is hit with regularity, he is NOT a great QB. He is a mere mortal. I expect him to be hit in a variety of way early on in the game! Landry will play an important rold and I expect Antonio Allen to get some tough action as well! Coples will take it to a new level! We can win this game!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 10-20-2012 at 08:54 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    I hope they dont get too cute (like trying the onside kick after the huge kickoff return for a touchdown.) We MIGHT be good enough to beat the Patsies straight up.
    i don't think we are...we haven't beaten any really good teams in a while...and didnt he say recently that he would use any gimmicks to compensate for the lack of talent?...

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,337
    I thought you were gone from this place for awhile? Hahahaha

  7. #7
    I've been wondering all season whether we would use Tebow in a multiple-TE set, similar to the Pats' use of Hernandez and Gronkowski. This might explain why Rex was so secretive during pre-season practices. Certainly nothing we've seen out of Tebow so far this season would justify such secrecy. I wonder if Rex's recent talk of possibly using Tebow at RB is just a distraction?

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    Maybe the statue of liberty play. Used to work in my backyard all the time.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I think we will dispense with gimmick plays on offense and resort to a good old fashioned slugfest with both lines being dominant in the trenches! We will run the ball as long as we can and wear down their DL. Further, Brady can not stand to be pummeled! When he is hit with regularity, he is NOT a great QB. He is a mere mortal. I expect him to be hit in a variety of way early on in the game! Landry will play an important rold and I expect Antonio Allen to get some tough action as well! Coples will take it to a new level! We can win this game!
    No doubt Brady hates getting hit, what QB doesn't? The fact remains that the Jets haven't been especially strong in rushing the passer so I don't get why everyone here thinks its going to suddenly happen against the Pats.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fan RI View Post
    I've been wondering all season whether we would use Tebow in a multiple-TE set, similar to the Pats' use of Hernandez and Gronkowski. This might explain why Rex was so secretive during pre-season practices. Certainly nothing we've seen out of Tebow so far this season would justify such secrecy. I wonder if Rex's recent talk of possibly using Tebow at RB is just a distraction?

    Perhaps its just me but I fail to understand how using Tebow as a tight end benefits the Jets. Sure strolling out tebow and sanchez might cause some initial confusion for the defense but the second he lines up a tight end he will be defended just as any other tight end would (only its not his natural position and he isn't very good at it).

    If anything I predict we see another attempted fourth and short conversion out of a punt formation. However, it is somewhat regrettable the Jets have already shown their hand in this and im sure teams are on the look out for it.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,562
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I thought you were gone from this place for awhile? Hahahaha
    I did take a break in fact.

    Why are you so worried about what I do - fat snapper?
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 10-20-2012 at 09:26 AM.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I thought you were gone from this place for awhile? Hahahaha
    I was waiting for someone to go there, but give the guy a break for knee jerking and letting the trolling get into his head. Just don't Tebow Arod, it's trademarked now, lol!

    And of couse the team has a game plan to beat the pasties. The element of surprise combined with luck & skill always win the day. Hell, there's going to be a freakin meteor shower tonight filled with the remnants of Hailey's Comet. What other signs from above would you like to see in order to believe the Jets have luck on their side and can win against the cheaties? (-;

  13. #13
    Hairy arms?

  14. #14
    [QUOTE=scottyM;4652741] Sure strolling out tebow and sanchez might cause some initial confusion for the defense but the second he lines up a tight end he will be defended just as any other tight end would (only its not his natural position and he isn't very good at it).
    QUOTE]

    Well, you could say the same thing about the Pats' use of Hernandez and Gronkowski, but they seem to be successful anyway. And how do you know Tebow is no good at TE? We haven't seen him used there very much at all.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,337
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I did take a break in fact.

    Why are you so worried about what I do - fat snapper?

    Busting your chops, pee wee
    Last edited by JonEJet; 10-20-2012 at 10:34 AM.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    FUMBLEROOSKI!!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Perhaps its just me but I fail to understand how using Tebow as a tight end benefits the Jets. Sure strolling out tebow and sanchez might cause some initial confusion for the defense but the second he lines up a tight end he will be defended just as any other tight end would (only its not his natural position and he isn't very good at it).

    If anything I predict we see another attempted fourth and short conversion out of a punt formation. However, it is somewhat regrettable the Jets have already shown their hand in this and im sure teams are on the look out for it.
    It's not about "initial confusion" its about personnel packages, run vs. pass. The tebow TE formation looks, in the huddle, identical to the biblecat with sanchez spread wide. The defense would like to use a certain set of personnel for the biblecat but once the offense lines up with tebow at te, and it's clear that it's likely to be a pass, it's too late to make substitutions.

  18. #18
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,407
    I heard they Pats are using Duck sauce.


    Is that legal?

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I heard they Pats are using Duck sauce.


    Is that legal?
    Borderline illegal.

  20. #20
    Haha, that's hilarious. It's like people think this wildcat thing is still super duper top secret.

    Preseason: "Guise, we're just trying to not give anyone tape on our wildcat package!"

    Week 3: "Guise, it's early in the season; they're just easing the wildcat in slowly!"

    Week 7: "Guise, we've just been keeping it under wraps so New England won't know what hit them!"



    lol, it's just comical. Watch, by week 12, you'll be hearing this.

    Week 12: "Guise, we're just saving our best stuff for the playoffs so we can become super awesome and win da bowl just like the Giants did!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us