Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else think that Rex, Sparano & Westhoff have something up their sleeve??

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Hope they unveil something cause nothing much has worked for the past decade against the Patriots in the league, maybe better call the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Hope they unveil something cause nothing much has worked for the past decade against the Patriots in the league, maybe better call the Giants.
    Don't forget Sparano has had alot of success against the Patriots with the Fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    ...and do what? Ask them if they are willing to trade their front 7, special teams, Eli, Nicks and Cruz?

The Giants didn't do anything special to beat the Patriots. They played solid football(won the turnover battle and field position battle against the Patriots both times last year) with better talent, that out-executed the Patriots.

In fact, they kept it pretty simple:

Win the field position battle.
    Win the turnover battle.
    Dominate the line of scrimmage.
    Scored points and played elite QB.

Sorry, but there is no "easy trick" to beat the Patriots. You need TOP talent who out-execute to win.

Talent, by itself, isn't enough. Execution, by itself, isn't enough. To win, you need both because the Pats have both. Giants are one of the few teams that have that.

Unless the Pats have a bad game that's usually what it's going to take every time. And even then, it's going to go either way.

So if you want to beat us Sunday that's what you have to do:
    win the turnover battle
    win the field position battle
    dominate defensively
    score points
    and have Mark Sanchez play near flawless QB.

That's it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    ...and do what? Ask them if they are willing to trade their front 7, special teams, Eli, Nicks and Cruz?

The Giants didn't do anything special to beat the Patriots. They played solid football(won the turnover battle and field position battle against the Patriots both times last year) with better talent, that out-executed the Patriots.

Win the turnover battle.

Sorry, but there is no "easy trick" to beat the Patriots. You need TOP talent who out-execute to win.

Talent, by itself, isn't enough. Execution, by itself, isn't enough. To win, you need both because the Pats have both. Giants are one of the few teams that have that.

Unless the Pats have a bad game that's usually what it's going to take every time. And even then, it's going to go either way.

win the turnover battle
    dominate defensively
    score points

That's it. Good luck.
    As much as it pains me to say, and as much as I dislike Whichfan, he's right. If everyone here was honest with themselves, they would recognize that New England is still the class of the East.

I'd like a win tomorrow, but I have a feeling that even a moral win is out of our grasp.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post

Win the turnover battle.

win the turnover battle
    dominate defensively
    score points

That's it. Good luck.
    I think I basically said what you said in one sentence.

As long as we are on it the key for the Jets is simple, as much as simple can be applied here, shut down the machine, now since our O is lacking to say the least the D will have to hold them to 14 points or less to even have a chance. In short shut Brady down, and score points that is the goal every week.

Defense will be played different. IDK maybe just more faked injuries. But, Ellis and Pouha out, means more Coples. And the Pats have a lethal no huddle offense. That being said, hopefully more Davis, Maybin, and Dowtin.
    What if we could just stop the run with Maybin in there?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Haha, that's hilarious. It's like people think this wildcat thing is still super duper top secret.

Preseason: "Guise, we're just trying to not give anyone tape on our wildcat package!"

Week 3: "Guise, it's early in the season; they're just easing the wildcat in slowly!"

Week 7: "Guise, we've just been keeping it under wraps so New England won't know what hit them!"

lol, it's just comical. Watch, by week 12, you'll be hearing this.

Week 12: "Guise, we're just saving our best stuff for the playoffs so we can become super awesome and win da bowl just like the Giants did!"
    Sorry, I just have to laugh at you using the word "guise" 4 times instead of "guys." Lol

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Sorry, I just have to laugh at you using the word "guise" 4 times instead of "guys." Lol
    I do what I can. I'm the hero this forum deserves.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    No doubt Brady hates getting hit, what QB doesn't? The fact remains that the Jets haven't been especially strong in rushing the passer so I don't get why everyone here thinks its going to suddenly happen against the Pats.
    Maybe because your OL sucks and Brady has been getting hit a lot?

Even the past few seasons the Jets line didn't get a lot of sack and at time beat the sh1t out of your girl.

Other than that?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Using a 5 letter word instead of a 4 letter word doesn't make sense to you?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Using a 5 letter word instead of a 4 letter word doesn't make sense to you?
    Oh, there's more points for that? I didn't realize.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=guise

SMH @ you fictional guise.

Where's the reality-based 10Penny when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    No doubt Brady hates getting hit, what QB doesn't? The fact remains that the Jets haven't been especially strong in rushing the passer so I don't get why everyone here thinks its going to suddenly happen against the Pats.
    That's really it. How can the Jets get a pass rush? They need some really good and somewhat unexpected individual performances, because they cannot afford to send numbers after Brady.

Veteran
    Jake Steinberg tweets
    https://twitter.com/Steiny31

"Wait until you see what Rex has cooked up for the Pats... he's taking a risk, if it works he'll be called a genius, if not, he'll get killed"

"You are about to be shocked.."

"has to do with the defensive side of the ball. will spill tomorrow morning, don't want to ruin the gamplan lol"

"boldest call/biggest risk of the rex ryan era."

"promise i'm not messing"

My thoughts...Tebow might play some defense tomorrow. Whatever it is, either it is going to work and energize this fan base....or if we go down, at least we go out in flames. Win, win.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 10-20-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Don't forget Sparano has had alot of success against the Patriots with the Fish...
    Yeah, he was 2 - 6 .... lots...

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    That's the joke doe.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... h*lls yeah they do!!! ...

... it's called landrify brady

l_j_r

Rex, Sparano, and Westhoff are all > Bullwinkle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRW7pITY5Cg

Rookie
    Rex's secret defensive plan called the "Blitzkreig" will be countered with the "Gronkreig".

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I think he was 2-2 in games at New England