Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Derek Jeter vs. Santonio Holmes

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Derek Jeter vs. Santonio Holmes

    I know this thread is a few days late, but I just wanted to point out the obvious.

    Jeter breaks his ankle, and instead of rolling around with the ball in his mitt, or tossing his mitt away, he actually takes the ball out of his mitt and rolls it to his closest teammate.

    Holmes breaks his foot, and tosses the ball to the other team.

    I don't like to criticize Holmes for just an immediate reaction to an injury - but the juxtaposition was pretty interesting. Jeter is clearly always thinking about the team first, even in moments of trauma - Holmes, not so much.

  2. #2
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Saugerties, NY
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I despise the Yankees, Jeter is a once in a lifetime player, a hall of famer, the perfect teammate, and the personification of class in professional sports. Santonio Holmes will never even sniff any of those things. He is a self absorbed prima donna, who at the end of his career, will disappear with a whimper.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,670
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Yankees offense is worse than the Jets. And at least the Jets can win a game after losing their best player in Revis.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is a loser, its not fair to mention him along with someone like Derek Jeter.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The Yankees offense is worse than the Jets. And at least the Jets can win a game after losing their best player in Revis.
    Wow... Jeter **** your wife, brah?

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we really think Holmes lost the ball on purpose? Wow. Obviously a knee-jerk reaction to his injury...

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    I know this thread is a few days late, but I just wanted to point out the obvious.

    Jeter breaks his ankle, and instead of rolling around with the ball in his mitt, or tossing his mitt away, he actually takes the ball out of his mitt and rolls it to his closest teammate.

    Holmes breaks his foot, and tosses the ball to the other team.

    I don't like to criticize Holmes for just an immediate reaction to an injury - but the juxtaposition was pretty interesting. Jeter is clearly always thinking about the team first, even in moments of trauma - Holmes, not so much.
    Team player vs Me player

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Do we really think Holmes lost the ball on purpose? Wow. Obviously a knee-jerk reaction to his injury...
    I'm just pointing out that Jeter's knee-jerk reaction was to find a teammate to flip the ball to, while Holmes didn't think at all, and his reaction was just to think about what was happening to himself.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you kidding?

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    I know this thread is a few days late, but I just wanted to point out the obvious.

    Jeter breaks his ankle, and instead of rolling around with the ball in his mitt, or tossing his mitt away, he actually takes the ball out of his mitt and rolls it to his closest teammate.

    Holmes breaks his foot, and tosses the ball to the other team.

    I don't like to criticize Holmes for just an immediate reaction to an injury - but the juxtaposition was pretty interesting. Jeter is clearly always thinking about the team first, even in moments of trauma - Holmes, not so much.
    I don't like Holmes really at all but to compare him to Derek Jeter one of the greatest teammates in professional sports history is simply unfair IMO.....

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't need to compare Holmes to Jeter to know he's a selfish d-bag.

    Literally everything he's said or done since his extension proves that he is.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Do we really think Holmes lost the ball on purpose? Wow. Obviously a knee-jerk reaction to his injury...
    +100

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Holmes is a loser, its not fair to mention him along with someone like Derek Jeter.
    This

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) I still think it was kind of like Holmes giving himself up. He clearly didn't mean to do it.

    2) TOTALLY DIFFERENT INJURIES. The injury that Holmes had is supposedly one of the most painful things that can happen while Jeter had a regular ankle fracture. The lisfranc injury has been said to feel as if your foot literally explodes.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    To those of you who are knocking Holmes, I would love to see a video of you getting the Lisfranc injury. Some of you pansy-a$$es would probably pass out from the pain.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeter plays baseball and he likes dudes. Yankees fans are insufferable. Enjoy the rest of your fall off.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    To those of you who are knocking Holmes, I would love to see a video of you getting the Lisfranc injury. Some of you pansy-a$$es would probably pass out from the pain.
    +1

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    1) I still think it was kind of like Holmes giving himself up. He clearly didn't mean to do it.

    2) TOTALLY DIFFERENT INJURIES. The injury that Holmes had is supposedly one of the most painful things that can happen while Jeter had a regular ankle fracture. The lisfranc injury has been said to feel as if your foot literally explodes.
    Yup. One of the rarest and most painful injuries someone can suffer from. It's literally laugh out loud funny that some of the anti Holmes posters here think that they would hold onto that ball given the circumstances.

    Hilarious. Internet hall of fame wide receivers who are invulnerable to pain yet would probably vomit and black out from a lisfranc injury.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,670
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Wow... Jeter **** your wife, brah?
    ?

    He should be so lucky.

    I like Jeter. My commentary was on how the Yanks weren't looking great even before he got hurt. The Jets at least seem to have rallied without Revis or Holmes.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us