Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There r only two 4:00 Gms on Sunday

There r only two 4:00 Gms on Sunday

Has that ever happened bf?

Jet vs Pat (4:25) & Jax vs Oak (4:25)

Probably because of the bye-weeks + TNF.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Probably because of the bye-weeks + TNF.
    League needs more teams if that is the case. U cant hav only two 4:00 gms on SUNDAY WT*

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    League needs more teams if that is the case. U cant hav only two 4:00 gms on SUNDAY WT*
    Especially when one of them involves the Jaguars and Raiders.

DAT GAME OF THE WEAK!

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Has that ever happened bf?

Jet vs Pat (4:25) & Jax vs Oak (4:25)
    Why is it that every time the Jets have the 4 o clock game, they always have to be on the doubleheader for CBS, which means that whatever **** game that's being shown at 1 runs over by an extra hour, and then you miss the entire first quarter, and then when the 1 o clock does finally end, they have to give you 8 minutes worth of commercials before they finally switch over to the second quarter of the game. Why can't a 4 o clock Jets game just ever be on a single header day for CBS, and then you don't have to worry about when the friggin 1 o clock game is going to end?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Why is it that every time the Jets have the 4 o clock game, they always have to be on the doubleheader for CBS, which means that whatever **** game that's being shown at 1 runs over by an extra hour, and then you miss the entire first quarter, and then when the 1 o clock does finally end, they have to give you 8 minutes worth of commercials before they finally switch over to the second quarter of the game. Why can't a 4 o clock Jets game just ever be on a single header day for CBS, and then you don't have to worry about when the friggin 1 o clock game is going to end?
    In NY that shouldnt be a problem, where are you living?

Fine by me. RedZone for the 1 o'clock games and Jets-Pats at 4.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks RedZone is the greatest thing since sliced bread? It's pure genius. It completely changed how I watch football. FOR THE BETTER.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-20-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Thats why they start them at 4:25 now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post

By the way, am I the only one who thinks RedZone is the greatest thing since sliced bread? It's pure genius. It completely changed how I watch football. FOR THE BETTER.
    Count me in...THE RED ZONE KILLS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I've never had RedZone, so I wouldn't really know. That said, it'd be nice since I'm a big Fantasy Football guy. I mean, NFLN's gamecenter is fine, but I don't think they ever say who did what.

Absotively!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You're kidding right? They're on the 4:25 game because it't the national game.

If you live here, they have to show the start of the game, can't get dicked around, it's not an option and never happens. And pretty much any 1pm game, if it somehow ran into a 4:25 game, unless it's in it's home market or a tie game is going to be switched for KO of Jets/Pats.

IM GOLDEN WITH REDZONE CHANNEL! Keeps me updated to the second. Especially when they R showing a lousy gm on tv..

Because you only have a single game start at 4PM if you're playing on the west coast.

And the scenario you've setup doesn't play out anymore, except in very rare circumstances:

Due to the "Heidi Game", a primary media market must show its local team's game in its entirety and secondary markets usually follow suit for away games. Also, secondary markets (for home games) or any others where one team's popularity stands out may request a constant feed of that game, and in that case will not be switched.

If the local team is scheduled for the late game of a doubleheader, it has importance over any early game. If 4:25 pm arrives, and the early game is ongoing, the primary affiliate (all games) and secondary affiliates (road games) are required to cut off the early game and switch to the start of the local team's game. Additional affiliates, including secondary affiliates for home games, may also request to cut off an early game for a nearby team's late start. This is common in Texas where many affiliates which are not considered secondary markets by the NFL still switch out of early games in order to get to the start of a 4:25 Dallas Cowboys game.

When a local team plays the early game of a doubleheader, that game holds importance over any late game. If the local team's early game runs beyond 4:25 pm, the primary and secondary markets stay on until completion, and the late game is joined in-progress.

Jets Insider VIP

DirecTV's Redzone with Siciliano? Absolutely. It's all I watch when the Jets aren't playing. I park the TV on 703 and just leave it there. Best channel ever.

All Pro

+10000000

Love the RZ channel!!!!!

Waterboy
    The great thing about the Red Zone is right before they sign off for the day and they show EVERY touchdown scored that day. Awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

There would be one more 4m game if they didnt have the stupid thursday night games.

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    There would be one more 4m game if they didnt have the stupid thursday night games.
    Personally, I don't mind TNF. It's one less day that we don't have football. Though, on the other hand, pretty much all of the games are awful (minus the last two).

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    In NY that shouldnt be a problem, where are you living?
    Saratoga.

Got screwed out of the entire first quarter of the Pittsburgh game, even though the original 1 o clock game that they were showing here had well been finished before 4:25. Then they cut to another 1 0 clock game that hadn't finished yet (Baltimore at Philadelphia), and I figured they would just show that game until 4:25 like they're supposed to do, but instead they showed the entire end of that game, which took forever, and didn't bother cutting to the Jets game until after that.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 10-20-2012 at 06:18 PM.