Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: 92% of the country will see Jets-Pats on Sunday..

  1. #1

    92% of the country will see Jets-Pats on Sunday..


  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,860
    Nantz Brady suck fest.

  3. #3
    That kind of scares me.

    Another hugely popular regular season game, where most of America will be betting on the Patriots and betting on the underdog will yield huge results.

    I can see another controversial Seattle-GB debacle. I'll be watching the flags closely tomorrow.

    That's pretty much the biggest advantage the Jets have. I'm not saying this to rub in your face, but the only way the Pats can safely win this game is by running up the score to the point of embarrassment and take it out of the hands of the referees. I will be rooting for a huge first half blowout.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 10-20-2012 at 05:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    What game will they be getting after the first quarter?

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    What game will they be getting after the first quarter?
    If it's that bad Tebow will keep the game televised for us.

  6. #6
    I can't stand Jim Nance and Phil Simms announcing our games. They should be doing the Ravens-Texans matchup- 2 best records in the AFC and 10000x more appealing (to the general public).

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    That kind of scares me.

    Another hugely popular regular season game, where most of America will be betting on the Patriots and betting on the underdog will yield huge results.

    I can see another controversial Seattle-GB debacle. I'll be watching the flags closely tomorrow.

    That's pretty much the biggest advantage the Jets have. I'm not saying this to rub in your face, but the only way the Pats can safely win this game is by running up the score to the point of embarrassment and take it out of the hands of the referees. I will be rooting for a huge first half blowout.
    1: That debacle was caused by the replacements, not the regular refs.

    2: Why would you be watching the flags? Considering we'll get flagged anytime we get within a foot of Brady, I'm pretty sure you guys will be fine.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    That kind of scares me.

    Another hugely popular regular season game, where most of America will be betting on the Patriots and betting on the underdog will yield huge results.

    I can see another controversial Seattle-GB debacle. I'll be watching the flags closely tomorrow.

    That's pretty much the biggest advantage the Jets have. I'm not saying this to rub in your face, but the only way the Pats can safely win this game is by running up the score to the point of embarrassment and take it out of the hands of the referees. I will be rooting for a huge first half blowout.
    Mind boggling that Patriots fans are making excuses ahead of time in case the game is close.

    Nobody gets more BS gift penalties than the Pats.

    We virtually never get them because we can't pass the ball and 75% of penalties these days are PI or personal fouls designed to give the offense an advantage.

    It's the opposite of what we're going to do, but we should really go out and sling it on the Pats. They won't see it coming, it attacks their biggest weakness and we're not going to be able to run on them anyway. Why get behind 14-0 before we abandon the run after going 3 and out twice?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    1: That debacle was caused by the replacements, not the regular refs.

    2: Why would you be watching the flags? Considering we'll get flagged anytime we get within a foot of Brady, I'm pretty sure you guys will be fine.
    I trust the regular refs even less. They're much scarier to me. They're not incompetent. Those guys made it obvious.

    2. Every elite QB gets his fair shot of calls his way, and every elite athlete in any sport. But as a team, we're not protected from getting screwed just as much as any other.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I trust the regular refs even less. They're much scarier to me. They're not incompetent. Those guys made it obvious.

    2. Every elite QB gets his fair shot of calls his way, and every elite athlete in any sport. But as a team, we're not protected from getting screwed just as much as any other.
    lol, all Brady has to do is ask for a flag and he'll get it. That's "fair"? The hell out of here if you're not gonna be serious.

    I'm willing to stick up for the Pats on the whole "Cheatriots" thing, but you can't tell me the "You got too close to Brady" penalty is fair.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Somebody remind me again what time is the game? cause I gotta get drunk first.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, all Brady has to do is ask for a flag and he'll get it. That's "fair"? The hell out of here if you're not gonna be serious.

    I'm willing to stick up for the Pats on the whole "Cheatriots" thing, but you can't tell me the "You got too close to Brady" penalty is fair.

    Wish that was true.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Wish that was true.
    It is true. If he was on the other side of the ball, you'd be thinking the same thing as the rest of us.

    Don't give me any of that "woe is me" crap. When your QB is a HoFer with a great supporting cast, wins 11+ games a year, and have the refs in your back pockets, you don't get to feel sorry for yourselves.

    No one likes a rich white girl who complains.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I trust the regular refs even less. They're much scarier to me. They're not incompetent. Those guys made it obvious.

    Please elaborate.

    Are you suggesting NFL referees are taking money from vegas casinos to essentially shave points?

    The better argument, IMO, is that the NFL wants the prime time/national games to be close for ratings reasons.

    Accusing a ref crew of being a bunch of Tim Donaghy's is a pretty serious accusation (particularly from a fan of a team who plays in a major market and has had a ton of success in recent years).

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I trust the regular refs even less. They're much scarier to me. They're not incompetent. Those guys made it obvious.

    2. Every elite QB gets his fair shot of calls his way, and every elite athlete in any sport. But as a team, we're not protected from getting screwed just as much as any other.
    You must be kidding.

    Brady gets just about every call and even gets calls he shouldnt.

    Meanwhile Sanchez last year had numerous roughing calls missed by the refs in Sunday and those players were fined later in the week for illegal hits.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I can't stand Jim Nance and Phil Simms announcing our games. They should be doing the Ravens-Texans matchup- 2 best records in the AFC and 10000x more appealing (to the general public).
    I like Simms, he's been in our corner a bit, lately, Nance is a Douche Jet hater

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    You must be kidding.

    Brady gets just about every call and even gets calls he shouldnt.

    Meanwhile Sanchez last year had numerous roughing calls missed by the refs in Sunday and those players were fined later in the week for illegal hits.
    now this is undeniable. Crazy non-calls on Sanchez getting hit last year.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    now this is undeniable. Crazy non-calls on Sanchez getting hit last year.
    + infinity, we always get F-cked!

  19. #19
    YES! I get to watch at home tomorrow. I moved to Chicago in May.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Please elaborate.

    Are you suggesting NFL referees are taking money from vegas casinos to essentially shave points?

    The better argument, IMO, is that the NFL wants the prime time/national games to be close for ratings reasons.

    Accusing a ref crew of being a bunch of Tim Donaghy's is a pretty serious accusation (particularly from a fan of a team who plays in a major market and has had a ton of success in recent years).
    No doubt in my mind NFL games get cooked every single year. NFL is the easiest sport in the world to rig and way too much money at stake.

    And what you are suggesting is probably true as well. Quite likely the NFL has their hand in as well at times and a lot of times it requires the refs in order to get their "close games".

    So yeah, if it was between Brady and Sanchez as far as getting calls, I wouldn't be worried. But when you are talking about hundreds of millions and likely even billions of dollars at stake vs a popular quarterback, or even a popular team, then it's no longer about Brady or Sanchez or the Patriots or Jets. It's about money and whatever outcome makes them the most.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us