Thread: Not Intimidated By These Patriots

Not Intimidated By These Patriots

Before the San Fran and Houston games, I went through the whole week filled with dread. I just knew that we were going to get our heads beat in. I still think we're going to lose, but I'm not worried about getting run off the field. Great offense just isn't as fear inducing as great defense, at least with this team. Our offense stinks, but they'll be able to move the ball and score some points against New England.

If the defense plays great and we make another play on special teams, we'll have a chance at the end. I couldn't come up with a scenario in which we would beat the 49ers or the Texans.

14-0 Pats by the middle of the 2nd. This game is going to get very ugly, very fast.

All Pro
    Neither am I.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Yes Patriots are on the downtick, as they should be it's taken long enough, problem is Jets have hit some major challenges while on the uptick. This game will be a snapshot of what our future will be not this year but ensuing years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    14-0 Pats by the middle of the 2nd. This game is going to get very ugly, very fast.
    And you say you are NOT like SAR?

jets win 24 16

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Before the San Fran and Houston games, I went through the whole week filled with dread. I just knew that we were going to get our heads beat in. I still think we're going to lose, but I'm not worried about getting run off the field. Great offense just isn't as fear inducing as great defense, at least with this team. Our offense stinks, but they'll be able to move the ball and score some points against New England.

If the defense plays great and we make another play on special teams, we'll have a chance at the end. I couldn't come up with a scenario in which we would beat the 49ers or the Texans.
    Well, maybe you aren't scared...

But the Jets players sure as hell are. Just like they were against the 49ers and Texans. They played like a bunch of pussies and got b$tch slapped like a pu$$y.

Of course, being par for the course the Jets WILL be playing terrified against the Patsies and will get their a$$es handed to them.

Lets face the facts, this Jets team sucks pure and simple. Until we completely break our HC of his stubborn attitude, overhaul the offense and fire the DC and GM, we will ALWAYS be a bunch of pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    And you say you are NOT like SAR?

jets win 24 16
    Yea, I think a HoF QB and an all-star cast will beat a meh Jets team. OMG TOTALLY LIKE SAR!

You do understand how stupid that sounds, right?

The worst thing SAR has done to this board is jade the users to such an extent that any negativity spoken about the team is considered SOJF. It's the exact opposite with SG3 and his crew, too; because of them, any positivity is taken as being a biased homer. This board has no float variable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yea, I think a HoF QB and an all-star cast will beat a meh Jets team. OMG TOTALLY LIKE SAR!

You do understand how stupid that sounds, right?

The worst thing SAR has done to this board is jade the users to such an extent that any negativity spoken about the team is considered SOJF. It's the exact opposite with SG3 and his crew, too; because of them, any positivity is taken as being a biased homer. This board has no float variable.
    Float Variable?Are you a fisherman?

Can't disagree with you BUT, I just watched game 1 2007 JETS PATS on NFL Network and can tell you I am glad Penny is not our QB and we stand a chance tomorrow. Abeit small...but WE can win.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Float Variable?Are you a fisherman?

Can't disagree with you BUT, I just watched game 1 2007 JETS PATS on NFL Network and can tell you I am glad Penny is not our QB and we stand a chance tomorrow. Abeit small...but WE can win.
    lol, it's a nerd thing.

I'm sure we COULD win. We COULD run the table the rest of the way. POSSIBLY winning isn't the issue; it's the LIKELYHOOD that's the issue.

Of course, I'll be rooting gang green on with the rest of our fanbase. As I said before, I'm not like SAR; I enjoy it when we win, lol.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

But the Jets players sure as hell are. Just like they were against the 49ers and Texans. They played like a bunch of pussies and got b$tch slapped like a pu$$y.

Of course, being par for the course the Jets WILL be playing terrified against the Patsies and will get their a$$es handed to them.

Lets face the facts, this Jets team sucks pure and simple. Until we completely break our HC of his stubborn attitude, overhaul the offense and fire the DC and GM, we will ALWAYS be a bunch of pussies.
    Did you watch the Texans game or get a telegram from Canada about it? Allegedly, the Texans were the best team in the AFC and were supposed to lay a beatdown on NYJ and the Jets almost won that game.

Jets Insider VIP
    McGinley is a huge Jet HOMER compared with wicked smaht MainePAT

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    McGinley is a huge Jet HOMER compared with wicked smaht MainePAT
    I've got my green drank and green shades on hand, my brother.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Did you watch the Texans game or get a telegram from Canada about it? Allegedly, the Texans were the best team in the AFC and were supposed to lay a beatdown on NYJ and the Jets almost won that game.
    great point JSJ

this is, in fact the ninth reference by nine different members of the SARrealists that the Jets got "b1tchslapped", "slaughtered", got their "butts kicked" and "embarrassed" by the Texans

I'm sure I saw the Jets play a very good team pretty much even (especially defensing Schaub and Johnson) and saw them driving for what would have been the winning touchdown before a tipped pass to an open receiver ended in an interception

But maybe I wasn't actually there

All Pro
    I'm still fairly optimistic about our season, but I don't like our chances this week. Pats are a good team who has underachieved so far. They're coming off a tough loss where they collapsed against a good team.... I think our offense matches up poorly with their defense. I think our defense simply isn't good enough to stop their offense.

I really think this could be ugly.

The real key is beating the Fish Week 8. If we're going to make the playoffs, that's a game we have to win.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    great point JSJ

this is, in fact the ninth reference by nine different members of the SARrealists that the Jets got "b1tchslapped", "slaughtered", got their "butts kicked" and "embarrassed" by the Texans

I'm sure I saw the Jets play a very good team pretty much even (especially defensing Schaub and Johnson) and saw them driving for what would have been the winning touchdown before a tipped pass to an open receiver ended in an interception

But maybe I wasn't actually there
    In defending my non-SOJF reputation, I agree. Anyone on my facebook friendslist could tell you about my non-stop status updates being amazed that we were actually in that game.

If the Jets keep improving, you can look at that game to see when it, "all turned around", so to say. We played a solid game against a brutally tough opponent (on BOTH sides of the ball). It was a moral victory if there ever was one.

While the Colts game, in my opinion, is somewhat fool's gold, I think the Texans game could very well be the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

The Texans playing the Jets as close as they did is, in fact, a knock on their standing as the "best team in the football." Getting blown out by the Packers at home only confirms that the Texans are not nearly as dominant as people thought prior to the Jets game, and are basically just another one of a handful of top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Somebody please remove all the firearms from mainejet's house

I'm scared about tomorrow's game. It always seems like we find a way to get smacked around by the Patriots. I know with Rex we are 3-4 against them which is an improvement from the Mangini/Herm years but still.

However this is the NFL and any week anything can happen.

Call me crazy but this team reminds me of the 2002 Jets. The AFC East was weak and 9-7 got us the AFC East and a home playoff game.