Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Who comes out victorious?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

39 55.71%
  • Patriots

31 44.29%
Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Patriots Week 7

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Patriots Week 7

The New England Patriots head into a crucial week seven tied with the other three teams in the AFC East. This week is important because they’ll be taking on their hated rivals, the New York Jets. While the Patriots have surprised by underachieving this season, the Jets have surprised by overachieving. Even with injuries to key players, the Jets sit atop the division.

The key for the Patriots offense in this game will be Stevan Ridley. While the Jets rank eighth in passing defense giving up just 209 yards a game through the air, they are near the bottom of the league in rushing defense.

In the Patriots games this year Ridley has been the team’s key to success. In the three games that Ridley has rushed for over 100 yards, the Patriots have won. In the three games he’s failed to break the century mark, they’ve lost. Sunday should be no different.

One key that could help Patriots passing game is that the Jets are without their All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis. Revis suffered a knee injury during a game in Miami on September 23 which caused the star to undergo surgery and ended his season prematurely.

The Jets offense has also suffered some injuries that could help the Patriots. The Patriots secondary is one of the worst in the league this season so it helps that the Jets star receiver Santonio Holmes is out for the year with a foot injury. Holmes suffered the injury just a week after Revis in a loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

For the Jets offense, they will likely attempt to test the strength of the Patriots defense. In last week’s 35-9 win over the Indianapolis Colts the running game led the way. A week after the Colts stunned the Green Bay Packers, running back Shonn Greene turned 32 carries into 161 yards for the Jets leading them to victory.

But it won’t be as easy against the Patriots. Led by Chandler Jones, Vince Wilfork, and Rob Ninkovich, the Patriots rank eighth in run defense this season giving up just under 83 yards a game. The task will be tougher because tight end Dustin Keller and center Nick Mangold are coming off injuries for the Jets.

Offensively this game will be the battle of the running backs. The Patriots success when relying on Ridley will likely continue against one of the league’s worst run defenses. The Jets may be forced to rely on Greene, who turned in a career performance last week, due to their lack of options in the passing game.

Defensively these two teams are complete opposites. The Jets run defense is one of the worst in the league while their passing defense is one of the best. The Patriots have one of the worst passing defenses in the league while their run defense is ranked in the top ten.

With the whole division equal at 3-3, this week is big for both the Patriots and the Jets. The winner will take a much needed lead in the division while the loser will be chasing from behind at the halfway point. The Patriots have disappointed this season in a division that they should control. A win Sunday could get them moving back in the right direction.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...KJAD09TjuZC.99

Official New York Jets theme song for Week 7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3bQ49ZUgG8

Need a stream for the game(s)?: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html
    Last edited by McGinley; 10-21-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A chance to not only improve to 4-3 overall, but also 3-0 within the AFC East division. Nothing better than a rival game for first place of the division.

Good read, although I don't agree with the whole "Jets have overachieved" aspect (during the first paragraph). We've yet to play to our full potential. Revis or no Revis, we're better than what we've performed thus far through 6 weeks.
    Last edited by DWC; 10-21-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making their way to the ring, at a combined weight of 1,128 lbs., EVOLUTION!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still wondering about Steiny's "revelation" on how Rex is going to risk the store with something revolutionary on defense. I betting its something from way in the past, 50's or 60's, but am not enough of a football historian to guess what it might be.

I am will to bet it will work though, I see another revenge game where we surprise and blow them out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh. Nice poll option.

Jets are gonna play this one close, and ArodJEtsFanKeyWest is spot on when he says "expect something out of the ordinary".

GO JETS!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats were gonna destroy us even before we complained to the NFL about them. Now? Oh boy....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Making their way to the ring, at a combined weight of 1,128 lbs., EVOLUTION!

Awesome.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have more post season wins than the PATS since REX arrived.

JETS will win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have to do two things on D:

1) inside pressure on Brady

2) keep the throws short and in the middle of the field and hit the F$#K out of whomever catches it - I don't care who it is, some balls are going to be laid on the turf

On O:

1) Must be able to run productively like last week. Inside runs are tougher this time around, so we'll have to see what a solution might be

2) Play-action - Jets receivers can definitely get open on this D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Awesome.
    You know how I roll, baby.

Our pass rush really needs to step up today. Can't let him be a statue all day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread.

Go Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Jets... but is there really anyone who doesn't think we're gonna blown off the field today?

Angry Pats at home + desperate + Brady + Rex complained to NFL = massacre

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Go Jets... but is there really anyone who doesn't think we're gonna blown off the field today?

Angry Pats at home + desperate + Brady + Rex complained to NFL = massacre
    Oh, I think we're gonna get our jimmies rustled today. That said, when it's game time, you gotta put positive energy out into the universe.

Let's just hope our punishment isn't more severe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I think we're gonna get our jimmies rustled today. That said, when it's game time, you gotta put positive energy out into the universe.

Let's just hope our punishment isn't more severe.
    True, I'm just steeling myself for a blowout. I think we'll have a better shot in a few weeks at home. Pats are a 12-13 win type team that lost a couple of very close games. We improved last week, but this matchup is a bit different.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, I'm just steeling myself for a blowout. I think we'll have a better shot in a few weeks at home. Pats are a 12-13 win type team that lost a couple of very close games. We improved last week, but this matchup is a bit different.
    Very much agreed. I don't see Brady derping it up in the RZ like Luck did.

I'm very excited to see Coples vs Brady, though. Would be awesome if he could get a sack today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very much agreed. I don't see Brady derping it up in the RZ like Luck did.

I'm very excited to see Coples vs Brady, though. Would be awesome if he could get a sack today.
    Yeah I was pretty excited about what Coples showed last week. This week is just a tough spot, I would think angry 3-3 Pats team would even blow out strong teams in the league this week. One thing I do need to see though is a decent game out of Sanchez. You look at what QBs have put up against Pats D, including a rookie who arguably shouldn't even be starting, and this game may become a referendum on the type of player Sanchez is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody seen Phil simms tie? I like Simms tie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I was pretty excited about what Coples showed last week. This week is just a tough spot, I would think angry 3-3 Pats team would even blow out strong teams in the league this week. One thing I do need to see though is a decent game out of Sanchez. You look at what QBs have put up against Pats D, including a rookie who arguably shouldn't even be starting, and this game may become a referendum on the type of player Sanchez is.
    I GUARANTEE a TD to Thrill Hill and Cro Show. This is the perfect time for us to dial up the deep ball if Sparano plans on ever utilizing it. I think we'll have to consider the match-up Greene has.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

On O:

1) Must be able to run productively like last week. Inside runs are tougher this time around, so we'll have to see what a solution might be

2) Play-action - Jets receivers can definitely get open on this D
    Nice but you forgot the most important thing that would help the Jets win the game :

MOVE THE CHAINS!

I don't care how it's done!!

Through the air..

On the ground...

The only REAL WAY to keep Tammy from "torching us" is to keep him OFF THE FIELD.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I GUARANTEE a TD to Thrill Hill and Cro Show. This is the perfect time for us to dial up the deep ball if Sparano plans on ever utilizing it. I think we'll have to consider the match-up Greene has.
    Yeah we should have success throwing the ball this week. Problem is we might score 24, they will score 40. I do always remind myself of the 2010 playoff game, one of the more shocking results in recent memory. You just never know and Rex teams have beaten the Pats at a decent clip