Thread: Why don't we see more of McKnight?

Why don't we see more of McKnight?

It seems like he's our best play-maker. Returning kicks, blocking punts, runs for 60+ yards, it seems like this kid is just a good football player. There have been a few times when he was open down the field and #6 just couldn't hit him.

Why isn't he on the field all the time?

Sanchez
    Tebow
    Keller
    Greene
    2 of 3 (Hill, Kerley, McKnight)

IMO

Because Rex typically prefers to play "his guys". Also, it doesn't help that Joe has a reputation for putting the rock on the ground.

I agree. Our coaching staff tried thinking out of the box, but this kid isn't a defensive player. He's an offensive talent. He's no feature back, but he can be used as a nice backup with the right type of play calling. I'd like to see McKnight used on draws, screens, sweeps, tosses, outside runs etc. Anything to get his open field ability, into the open field. Have Greene tire down opposing defenses before letting McKnight do his thing. I've missed Leon Washington since he's been gone, and have always believed McKnight could become a similar contributor.

All Pro
    60+ yard runs just don't fit in with the ground and pound philosophy. Much better to average 3 yards a carry and tire out your opponent by making him tackle you all the time.

I've been asking this question all year.

The guy can be a matchup nightmare.He should get around 12 to 15 touches a game

hes an underused commodity that rex and sparano dont realize they have? hard to put a finger on why they do the stuff they do.

McKnight doesn't follow his blocks very well. He doesn't block well and he has ball security problems. He's also not particularly bright. There are reasons they've had trouble including him from scrimmage.

That being said, I agree that he needs to be used more. I like him a lot running that speed sweep. I'd like to see the package that includes Tebow and McKnight used more for sure.

If they could find a way to use McKnight more and to get him in space with the ball, it would be a good thing. I think we might have been on the way to that, but last week's injury will be a bump in the road. I'd be very surprised if he played this week. Too bad. He could really help us as I think Tebow will be used a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    It seems like he's our best play-maker. Returning kicks, blocking punts, runs for 60+ yards, it seems like this kid is just a good football player. There have been a few times when he was open down the field and #6 just couldn't hit him.

Why isn't he on the field all the time?

Sanchez
    Tebow
    Keller
    Greene
    2 of 3 (Hill, Kerley, McKnight)

IMO
    WHY???

Because he sucks. He's completely one dimensional. He was drafted to be a RB and he's failed miserably at it.

You see him return a couple of kickoffs and now the guy is the most talented on the team?

Jets Insider VIP
    There's actually someone who does SUK in this general vicinity

Hint...

Not McKnight
    Not Sanchez

DISCUSS....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because Rex typically prefers to play "his guys". Also, it doesn't help that Joe has a reputation for putting the rock on the ground.
    It's more his reputation for putting #6 on the ground that's the issue.

ie: He can't block.

Because we don't like scoring points.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    But so does Shonn Greene fumble. I think the repuation re McKnight is BS incidentially. Guys do not lead the NFL in returns if they are fumblers.