Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: is Chandler Jones the one who got away ? ? ?

All League
    He's the one that got his manhandled by D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Wait a minute, how can we have a 500 record when Jets fans are quoting a book authored by a steelers fan speculating that Pats are still cheating? The must mean the cheatermeter is in the repair shop.
    Maybe because the point was they can only cheat at home and that's why they have such a giant discrepancy between home and away records. Get the foil off your head and let some sun shine in. Where was your all pro on Sunday btw. Looks like he hit his ceiling and came crashing down to pathetic.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    He's the one that got his manhandled by D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
    was easily handled one on one while Coples was doubled the whole game. I hope Chandler was nice to people on his way up. Chandler's a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Maybe because the point was they can only cheat at home and that's why they have such a giant discrepancy between home and away records. Get the foil off your head and let some sun shine in. Where was your all pro on Sunday btw. Looks like he hit his ceiling and came crashing down to pathetic.

Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 10-26-2012 at 08:55 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    That's one way to go.

All Pro
    There you go again thinking the season is over after 6 games. Of course, that's understandable as you think championships are won in April.
    You can't argue that the season is only 6 games old, and that their record doesn't matter, when out of the other corner of your mouth you've decided that Chandelier is waving to Coples on his way to the HOF after only 6 games in which he has absolutely no impact of the teams record. Well you can, but it makes you seem foolish and misguided.

You can't argue that the season is only 6 games old, and that their record doesn't matter, when out of the other corner of your mouth you've decided that Chandelier is waving to Coples on his way to the HOF after only 6 games in which he has absolutely no impact of the teams record. Well you can, but it makes you seem foolish and misguided.

Did I say that about Chandler? I thought all I did was post a cutsie picture delineating your incessant bs 'Pats still cheat at home" mantra.

My bad.

Oh, and Coples isn't anything special yet. Not by a long shot.

Oh brother is this real life.

1) Great discrepancy? Percentage wise, is their home/away win loss any different than any other good team in the league? So far this year they have lost to a mediocre Arizona team and should have lost to the Jets

2) they do lose games at home. I guess the VHS machine broke and they couldn't match up filmed signals from recorded games of previous weeks. Should have done it live by hand- much easier.

Did I say that about Chandler? I thought all I did was post a cutsie picture delineating your incessant bs 'Pats still cheat at home" mantra.

My bad.

Oh, and Coples isn't anything special yet. Not by a long shot.
    Same old same old

No because he does not fit the the defense.. What is with you poerple is x this or y that....
    Just stop Coples is going to be fine. Wilkerson is doing well and I expect teh same from Coples. We need line backers

Hall Of Fame
    the guy from the wizard of oz ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Brick no great pick?? Watcha talkin bout Willis?? Brick was one of the top-rated LT in the game for several years running, and almost right from the start.

Sanchez isn't great but he's not a bust. A bust is Ryan Leaf.

Ghost was the only huge miss. But like I am saying - these few first rounders haven't hurt the Jets nearly as much as the vastly larger number of middle-round picks that have failed to produce front-line depth.

btw - OT - did you catch Celebration Day last week?
    Brick sucks!!!
    He got to the pro bowl the first time when Long didn't go. His skill set has declined over the last two seasons to the point that he needs to be replaced. Keep living in the past like most fans and Jets FO. He gave up more sacks than Hunter. Everything is fine, Rex Said so.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Brick sucks!!!
    He got to the pro bowl the first time when Long didn't go. His skill set has declined over the last two seasons to the point that he needs to be replaced. Keep living in the past like most fans and Jets FO. He gave up more sacks than Hunter. Everything is fine, Rex Said so.
    D'Brick does not "suck".

Sure, his play has regressed over the last 2 years, but he is still a top 10 LT in the NFL.

The time to replace him is when he becomes a liability. He is far from that at this point in time.

Like QB's, solid LT's do not grow on trees.

It is 1/2 way thru their rookie years, both of them don't know what they don't know. Coples is playing a tougher position playing on inside the tackle's shoulder. And Jones is playing more and mostly due to playing more is producing more.

TV people see Jones lining up wide and bending and turning the corner quickly and it just looks good, very easy to spot and plain to see on TV. Coples lines up on the tackles shoulder, making it much more difficult to get around the outside shoulder. If coples takes the inside shoulder and the OLB don't set the edge on the run, it looks like the DE got trapped inside.

With rookie Dlineman, your going to get wild swings in performance from one game to another and sometimes one play to another.

Dbrick did a very good job on Jones, but that is what you should expect when a rookie goes against a 10mill LT. Coples was very effective but both guards Mankins and Connolly were out.

It is extremely premature how anyone can label either at this point.

everyone we don't draft, are the ones that got away.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    everyone we don't draft, are the ones that got away.
    tom brady

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Are you kidding me. 30 other NFL teams can talk trash about Tanny and his drafting. New England is NOT one of those 30 teams.

It's a incredible the Pats missed on so many picks considering they were averaging over 10 a year. It's statistically improbable to be a dumb as Bellidick was with his selections.
    Belichick's strategy of accumulating a whole bunch of draft picks to increase the odds of drafting a player who can be productive is pretty smart to me.

Drafting players is a crapshoot. Why not increase the odds?

Sometimes, this is a hard concept for people to grasp

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sanchez was a #6 overall draft pick.

Four years into his NFL career, he is consistently in the bottom 10% of all QB's in completion percentage, YPA, QB rating and turnovers.

He is an absolute bust for a #6 overall draft pick.

Wrong.

Given that he has several Jets team records, I don't think so.

And I think Gholston was Mangini's pick.

And to be fair, Belichick's drafting of late has been spotty too. His best draft picks in the last 5-6 years have been Mayo, Gronk, and Hernandez.

And his secondary still sucks.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 11-01-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

Given that he has several Jets team records, I don't think so.
    Exactly what passing records does Sanchez hold for the Jets?

And don't throw out "4 playoff wins" as they are team accomplishments, not individual accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly what passing records does Sanchez hold for the Jets?

And don't throw out "4 playoff wins" as they are team accomplishments, not individual accomplishments.
    So does Brady not get credit for the Super Bowls? C'MON MAN! Be logical.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 11-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.