Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 112 of 112

Thread: is Chandler Jones the one who got away ? ? ?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I apologize then for lumping you with the rest. Same for Rob. I don't mind having a discussion, but TX drags everything into the dumpster with his moronic posts. He is the equivalent to sg3 just the complete opposite.
    That is the worst personal attack I have ever received on this message board.

  2. #102
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That is the worst personal attack I have ever received on this message board.
    Please kindly park your trailer in front of an incoming tornado

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #103
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    14,141
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    "Girls" do not become NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

    Another draft whiff by the Jets.
    it's still a " little early in the day "








    cheers ~ ~

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    As Rob mentioned in a previous post, Jones has played in 92% of the Pats defensive plays and Coples has only been on the field for 53% of the Jets defensive plays. That skews the numbers.
    That's fine, but Coples isn't a BUST because of that. His PRP as a starter is 5.1 so far. That would put him in the top half among 3-4 DEs, and that is assuming he isn't going to get any better with more snaps. I think Jones has gotten better due to more play time. It is disingenuous at best to pretend Coples can't/won't get better too. I don't think Jones would have played well at 3-4 OLB, hand in the dirt chasing the passer he has been really good.

  5. #105
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    14,141
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    That's fine, but Coples isn't a BUST because of that. His PRP as a starter is 5.1 so far. That would put him in the top half among 3-4 DEs, and that is assuming he isn't going to get any better with more snaps. I think Jones has gotten better due to more play time. It is disingenuous at best to pretend Coples can't/won't get better too. I don't think Jones would have played well at 3-4 OLB, hand in the dirt chasing the passer he has been really good.
    good point

  6. #106
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    14,141
    Patriots need to keep Jetsí Muhammad Wilkerson in line

    In a lot of ways, the Jets are the circus youíve heard about, on the field and off it.Thereís the Tim Tebow distraction, anonymous quotes in the media, and back-to-back losses to the Dolphins and Seahawks by a combined 58-16 score after the Patriots outlasted the Jets, 29-26, in overtime Oct. 21.But if the Jets who beat the Rams, 27-13, Sunday take the field at MetLife Stadium Thursday night, the Patriots will get their usual tough matchup from their AFC East rivals.The Patriots have won three straight against the Jets, and since their 45-3 blowout of New York in 2010, the last four meetings have all been one-score games in the fourth quarter.Leading up to the Rams game, the Jets (4-6) may have been enduring a firestorm of negative media attention, but coach Rex Ryanís group didnít show the usual signs of a team starting to pack it in.

    The Jets are still playing extremely hard, especially on defense.And if thereís one player whom the Patriots will have to account for Thursday night, itís defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson.The 2011 first-round pick has been terrific this season, especially against the run.Wilkerson (6 feet 5 inches, 315 pounds) isnít a dominant pass rusher, but he did have a sack against the Rams, and three of his 14 quarterback hurries, according to profootballfocus.com, came in the first matchup with the Patriots.New England doubled Wilkerson on about a quarter of his snaps, but he still was able to do some damage.Wilkerson seemed to have trouble with the Patriotsí quick snaps, and actually didnít play that well, especially when lined up against left guard Donald Thomas and left tackle Nate Solder.But Wilkerson is coming off one of his best games of the season, and should be aided by the return of nose tackle Sione Pouha, who did not play against the Patriots.

    Catching up with the Jets - OFFENSE

    If his first read is open and heís not pressured much, Mark Sanchez can move the offense. Thatís exactly what happened against the Patriots in October. Sanchez completed 68.3 percent of his passes for a season-high 328 yards. Why? The Patriots blitzed him just four times (8.3 percent) and pressured him on a season-low 16.7 percent of his dropbacks. The Rams got pressure against Sanchez just five times Sunday, and he completed 75 percent of his passes. Pressure Sanchez, and he plays poorly. On the five snaps on which the Rams were able to get pressure, Sanchez completed just one pass and was sacked three times . . . As far as his targets, Stephen Hill has really struggled of late with drops and appears to have lost confidence. Former Dolphins pick Clyde Gates has become more involved in the passing game and is speedy. Jeremy Kerley, the Jetsí best weapon, is a game-time decision with leg injuries . . . The Jets still rely on an average run game with the hard-hitting Shonn Greene. Bilal Powell is starting to become a factor, especially in the red zone. Right tackle Austin Howard is still a weak link in a line that has played decently.

    DEFENSE

    The Jetsí defense, if the offense isnít turning the ball over, has played very well. Theyíve had issues against the run as the health of tackles Pouha (back) and Kenrick Ellis (knee) has been a huge factor. Probably the biggest change is that the slot cornerback who did such a good job against Wes Welker in the first matchup, Isaiah Trufant, is now on injured reserve. Ellis Lankster has taken over the role and competes hard. The short week could be tough because Ryan and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine may not have enough time to rep the new wrinkles they like to throw at Tom Brady.

    SPECIAL TEAMS

    The Jets have been terrible on special teams for three straight games. They had a field goal blocked, a fake punt snuffed out, and allowed a kickoff return for a touchdown that was called back on an iffy penalty.

    > http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...&dlvrit=834382

  7. #107
    Coples will be fine. He's already playing well and once eventually he gets to play full-time as a 4-3 DE he'll get the sack #'s.

    Muhammed Wilkerson was supposed to be a bust because he didn't make 1st team All-Pro his rookie year and yet this season he's playing lights out.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    That's fine, but Coples isn't a BUST because of that. His PRP as a starter is 5.1 so far. That would put him in the top half among 3-4 DEs, and that is assuming he isn't going to get any better with more snaps. I think Jones has gotten better due to more play time. It is disingenuous at best to pretend Coples can't/won't get better too. I don't think Jones would have played well at 3-4 OLB, hand in the dirt chasing the passer he has been really good.
    That's ok. According to FairweatherTx Coples is already a bust b/c 1) He's a Jet and 2) Tanny drafted him.


    How's McCourty doing? The media made that guy out to be like the second coming of Deion Sanders his rookie year and now we're seeing JAG WR's schooling him o about a weekly basis.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    That's ok. According to FairweatherTx Coples is already a bust b/c 1) He's a Jet and 2) Tanny drafted him.


    How's McCourty doing? The media made that guy out to be like the second coming of Deion Sanders his rookie year and now we're seeing JAG WR's schooling him o about a weekly basis.
    Actually he's played pretty solid this year, and is looking pretty good at the safety position right now. Made a huge play on Sunday. It's funny that your undertitle is about an OC who has been gone since last season... because, you know, he was holding back this explosive Jets offense.

  10. #110
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    14,141
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Coples will be fine. He's already playing well and once eventually he gets to play full-time as a 4-3 DE he'll get the sack #'s.

    Muhammed Wilkerson was supposed to be a bust because he didn't make 1st team All-Pro his rookie year and yet this season he's playing lights out.
    agreed.
    they're both still young & will continue to improve/be more productive.

  11. #111
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,303
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Patriots need to keep Jetsí Muhammad Wilkerson in line

    In a lot of ways, the Jets are the circus youíve heard about, on the field and off it.Thereís the Tim Tebow distraction, anonymous quotes in the media, and back-to-back losses to the Dolphins and Seahawks by a combined 58-16 score after the Patriots outlasted the Jets, 29-26, in overtime Oct. 21.But if the Jets who beat the Rams, 27-13, Sunday take the field at MetLife Stadium Thursday night, the Patriots will get their usual tough matchup from their AFC East rivals.The Patriots have won three straight against the Jets, and since their 45-3 blowout of New York in 2010, the last four meetings have all been one-score games in the fourth quarter.Leading up to the Rams game, the Jets (4-6) may have been enduring a firestorm of negative media attention, but coach Rex Ryanís group didnít show the usual signs of a team starting to pack it in.

    The Jets are still playing extremely hard, especially on defense.And if thereís one player whom the Patriots will have to account for Thursday night, itís defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson.The 2011 first-round pick has been terrific this season, especially against the run.Wilkerson (6 feet 5 inches, 315 pounds) isnít a dominant pass rusher, but he did have a sack against the Rams, and three of his 14 quarterback hurries, according to profootballfocus.com, came in the first matchup with the Patriots.New England doubled Wilkerson on about a quarter of his snaps, but he still was able to do some damage.Wilkerson seemed to have trouble with the Patriotsí quick snaps, and actually didnít play that well, especially when lined up against left guard Donald Thomas and left tackle Nate Solder.But Wilkerson is coming off one of his best games of the season, and should be aided by the return of nose tackle Sione Pouha, who did not play against the Patriots.

    Catching up with the Jets - OFFENSE

    If his first read is open and heís not pressured much, Mark Sanchez can move the offense. Thatís exactly what happened against the Patriots in October. Sanchez completed 68.3 percent of his passes for a season-high 328 yards. Why? The Patriots blitzed him just four times (8.3 percent) and pressured him on a season-low 16.7 percent of his dropbacks. The Rams got pressure against Sanchez just five times Sunday, and he completed 75 percent of his passes. Pressure Sanchez, and he plays poorly. On the five snaps on which the Rams were able to get pressure, Sanchez completed just one pass and was sacked three times . . . As far as his targets, Stephen Hill has really struggled of late with drops and appears to have lost confidence. Former Dolphins pick Clyde Gates has become more involved in the passing game and is speedy. Jeremy Kerley, the Jetsí best weapon, is a game-time decision with leg injuries . . . The Jets still rely on an average run game with the hard-hitting Shonn Greene. Bilal Powell is starting to become a factor, especially in the red zone. Right tackle Austin Howard is still a weak link in a line that has played decently.

    DEFENSE

    The Jetsí defense, if the offense isnít turning the ball over, has played very well. Theyíve had issues against the run as the health of tackles Pouha (back) and Kenrick Ellis (knee) has been a huge factor. Probably the biggest change is that the slot cornerback who did such a good job against Wes Welker in the first matchup, Isaiah Trufant, is now on injured reserve. Ellis Lankster has taken over the role and competes hard. The short week could be tough because Ryan and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine may not have enough time to rep the new wrinkles they like to throw at Tom Brady.

    SPECIAL TEAMS

    The Jets have been terrible on special teams for three straight games. They had a field goal blocked, a fake punt snuffed out, and allowed a kickoff return for a touchdown that was called back on an iffy penalty.

    > http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...&dlvrit=834382
    Apparently they started preparing for the Pats last week. I guess it's not very difficult to game plan Schotty, and his predictably idiotic schemes. I mean you always know that if something is working(like running Jackson), then he'll immediately stop doing it just to fool the defense.

  12. #112
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    14,141
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Apparently they started preparing for the Pats last week. I guess it's not very difficult to game plan Schotty, and his predictably idiotic schemes. I mean you always know that if something is working(like running Jackson), then he'll immediately stop doing it just to fool the defense.
    he's only fooling himself

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us