Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 112

Thread: is Chandler Jones the one who got away ? ? ?

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Are you kidding me. 30 other NFL teams can talk trash about Tanny and his drafting. New England is NOT one of those 30 teams.

    It's a incredible the Pats missed on so many picks considering they were averaging over 10 a year. It's statistically improbable to be a dumb as Bellidick was with his selections.
    The Pats have been worlds better than the Jets in recent years. Every team have the same amount of picks to begin with other than compensatory picks. The Pats have drafted far more starters, Pro Bowlers, All Pros, and contributors than the Jets.

    The Pats aren't the best team in terms of drafting (not even close), but they have been far better than the Jets. Gronk, Hernandez, Ridley, Solder, Mayo, Jones, and Spikes would all start on the Jets. I don't know if one Jets draft pick since 2007 other than Wilkerson would start for the Pats.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Coples was projected as a top 10 pick by most analysts. Jones was projected at end of first beginning of second primarily because he was considered a one dimensional pass rusher not so good against the run

    If the Jets had taken Jones at 16 it would have been derided by the media and our JI "realists" as a huge bad reach by Tannenbaum

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup, he's only second among all defensive (not just rookies) ends in total tackles and ranks 4th for negative plays among all DEs.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's the bestest of all the bestest of all time

    move over Deacon Jones

    Robot says some rookie with 6 games has moved your ass outta here

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    he's the bestest of all the bestest of all time

    move over Deacon Jones

    Robot says some rookie with 6 games has moved your ass outta here

    You talking about Coples or Jones.? I haven't made any determinations... lots of opinions about Coples after 6 games from the board though.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Are you kidding me. 30 other NFL teams can talk trash about Tanny and his drafting. New England is NOT one of those 30 teams.

    It's a incredible the Pats missed on so many picks considering they were averaging over 10 a year. It's statistically improbable to be a dumb as Bellidick was with his selections.
    It's not 2008. The narrative about the Patriots being the NFL's worst drafters simply holds no water anymore. In recent years, they have been better drafters than many NFL teams, including the Jets.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    You talking about Coples or Jones.? I haven't made any determinations... lots of opinions about Coples after 6 games from the board though.
    He is talking about me. The brilliant thing about him is that he blocks my posts and can't even see what I post. Apparently if you don't use your brain for thinking, you get ESP.

  7. #27
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    It's not 2008. The narrative about the Patriots being the NFL's worst drafters simply holds no water anymore. In recent years, they have been better drafters than many NFL teams, including the Jets.
    Talk about draft picks all you want,everyone misses on some. But 10+ wins per season while rebuilding the entire team speaks for itself.

    But I certain agree it's way too early to compare last years picks. I remember when Mirer looked like the better pick over Drew in the first year.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    He didnt get away bc he went early in the draft. he didnt hav a chance to get away..

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    the funniest thing about robot is that he missed the fact that I removed all but six chowd trolls, SOJFS and Teboneheads from my ignore list


    sorry Robot, you didn't make the final six

    try and keep up

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the funniest thing about robot is that he missed the fact that I removed all but six chowd trolls, SOJFS and Teboneheads from my ignore list


    sorry Robot, you didn't make the final six

    try and keep up
    Terminal delusion that people care.


  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    apparently your chowd buddy the robot does because he's brought it up about 4 times this week

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Coples' ceiling is way higher than Jones. Waayy higher.

    Jones was a natural easy fit for his position and it's not surprising to see early production from him, but as the years go bye, Coples will be the better NFL product.
    Your high ceiling observation applies to both and while it's still early Jones is ascending quicker than Coples. I'm sure there was similar high cieling speculation about Gholston before reality proved that a dozen later round picks in that draft shot way past him. Coples can't rest on people's wishful predictions, how about we judge his on field performance.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 10-21-2012 at 02:56 PM.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    It's not 2008. The narrative about the Patriots being the NFL's worst drafters simply holds no water anymore. In recent years, they have been better drafters than many NFL teams, including the Jets.
    Yeah the proof is in the 500 record. You have the best QB in the NFL and the best coach in history, and you win half your games. Can't argue with the results.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah the proof is in the 500 record. You have the best QB in the NFL and the best coach in history, and you win half your games. Can't argue with the results.
    There you go again thinking the season is over after 6 games. Of course, that's understandable as you think championships are won in April.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah the proof is in the 500 record. You have the best QB in the NFL and the best coach in history, and you win half your games. Can't argue with the results.
    Wait a minute, how can we have a 500 record when Jets fans are quoting a book authored by a steelers fan speculating that Pats are still cheating? The must mean the cheatermeter is in the repair shop.

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Wait a minute, how can we have a 500 record when Jets fans are quoting a book authored by a steelers fan speculating that Pats are still cheating? The must mean the cheatermeter is in the repair shop.
    Because they're even getting old at cheating.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Responding to the likes of Jet Zeppelin is a waste of effort

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    That's right. And the dumb lama troll got banned. Good riddance to rubbish.

    Coples was a better, more sensible pick for the Jets. Plus they play 2 totally different positions so I don't see why 6 games in, SOJF's and troll bring up his sack total as the last word in everything.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    he is pretty bad, but 2 things:
    1. they play 2 different positions
    2. can we please wait at least 2 years before we jump off the bridge?
    3 yrs










    cheers ~ ~

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Are you kidding me. 30 other NFL teams can talk trash about Tanny and his drafting. New England is NOT one of those 30 teams.

    It's a incredible the Pats missed on so many picks considering they were averaging over 10 a year. It's statistically improbable to be a dumb as Bellidick was with his selections.

    How could Belichamp be so dumb at drafting and have the best record in the AFCE for eleven straight years, and in the early lead for an even dozen?

    If he's so dumb at drafting why was he the only one who showed any interest in Tommy LomBrady?

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    How could Belichamp be so dumb at drafting and have the best record in the AFCE for eleven straight years, and in the early lead for an even dozen?

    If he's so dumb at drafting why was he the only one who showed any interest in Tommy LomBrady?
    Gotta give it to Belly. He knew Brady was going to be such a superstar that he didn't pick him until the 6th round, utterly unconcerned that some other team was going to pick him.

    That's how you pick guys you've got pegged as future HOFers. You wait until the 6th round.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us