Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: mcknight gametime decision po'uha out.

  1. #1

    mcknight gametime decision po'uha out.

    Running back Joe McKnight is a gametime decision to play against the Patriots and the Jets have brought him along on the trip to Foxborough.

    He is bothered by an ankle injury that has hampered him this week and is listed as questionable.

    There are four Jets that won't make the trip, however.

    DT Sione Po'uha (back), S Eric Smith (knee), RB Bilal Powell (shoulder), and NT Kenrick Ellis (knee) will not make the trip to New England.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Running back Joe McKnight is a gametime decision to play against the Patriots and the Jets have brought him along on the trip to Foxborough.

    He is bothered by an ankle injury that has hampered him this week and is listed as questionable.

    There are four Jets that won't make the trip, however.

    DT Sione Po'uha (back), S Eric Smith (knee), RB Bilal Powell (shoulder), and NT Kenrick Ellis (knee) will not make the trip to New England.
    Eff.

    Was Pouha injured game 1?

    Cromartie has been playing good, and seems to be craving the end zone. Maybe he can get 6 on KR.

    GO JETS!!!!!
    BET JET!!!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Running back Joe McKnight is a gametime decision to play against the Patriots and the Jets have brought him along on the trip to Foxborough.

    He is bothered by an ankle injury that has hampered him this week and is listed as questionable.

    There are four Jets that won't make the trip, however.

    DT Sione Po'uha (back), S Eric Smith (knee), RB Bilal Powell (shoulder), and NT Kenrick Ellis (knee) will not make the trip to New England.
    Don't understand this "won't make the trip" business. Why not be there to cheer on the team?

  4. #4
    Didn't Joe tweet that he wasn't going to miss a divisional game or something like that?

    If he ends up not suiting up, I'm worried they'll have Cro in at KR again. I mean, there's no way that could end up being very bad, right? lol.

  5. #5
    po'uha is starting to piss me off. we need him healthy and on the field.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Didn't Joe tweet that he wasn't going to miss a divisional game or something like that?

    If he ends up not suiting up, I'm worried they'll have Cro in at KR again. I mean, there's no way that could end up being very bad, right? lol.
    I know what ur thinking.

    Dunno, Cro has been playing lights out, dont u think. Minus a few penalties, but ill take those if it keeps him aggressive.

    Not gonna look but he must have 3-4 KR TD's in his career.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I know what ur thinking.

    Dunno, Cro has been playing lights out, dont u think. Minus a few penalties, but ill take those if it keeps him aggressive.

    Not gonna look but he must have 3-4 KR TD's in his career.
    Oh no doubt he has stepped up. I just really don't want to risk him getting hurt. Wonder if he'll be getting some looks from Mark on O? Considering NE has a trash secondary, it's not far-fetched to think the speedy Cro Show could find the EZ.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    po'uha is starting to piss me off. we need him healthy and on the field.
    The guy hurt his back. You don't **** around with back injuries. Quit being a turd burglar.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,132
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Don't understand this "won't make the trip" business. Why not be there to cheer on the team?
    Because they're staying at Florham Park to receive treatment. "Cheering" will have no impact on the game and it takes away from their recovery.

  10. #10
    Jets | Daniel Muir expected to see time at NT
    Sat, 20 Oct 2012 18:52:00 -0700

    New York Jets DT Daniel Muir is expected to see some playing time at nose tackle in Week 7 because of injuries to DT Sione Pouha (back) and DT Kenrick Ellis (knee).

    Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#806523#ixzz29woQhLZe


    Change ain't a bad thing when we aren't creating pressure with our D Line.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,509
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Don't understand this "won't make the trip" business. Why not be there to cheer on the team?
    Seriously?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,844
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Don't understand this "won't make the trip" business. Why not be there to cheer on the team?
    A lot of teams leave players behind to have treatment. Trainers and doctors have found out that traveling is bad for injuries. The airplane is bad b.c the altitude can promote swelling. And for head injuries it is an absolute no no. Even if they aren't in an airplane, sitting on a bus for many hours is also not good. Joints and muscles can stiffen up and lead to further complications.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Don't understand this "won't make the trip" business. Why not be there to cheer on the team?
    Maybe they didn't want to possibly watch their team get embarassed on TV?


    Or perhaps they just don't like New England Clam Chowder?

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    po'uha is starting to piss me off. we need him healthy and on the field.
    dude hasn't played but 3 snaps this season whats up with him?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    dude hasn't played but 3 snaps this season whats up with him?
    He has to be more "injured" than is being reported, IMO.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,509
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    dude hasn't played but 3 snaps this season whats up with him?
    You've obviously never had a back injury.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You've obviously never had a back injury.
    He still hasn't had his first pimple. Ah, the glorious days of junior high....

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,227
    Pouha weight and the position he plays is understandable. He doesn't help us not being 100%.

  19. #19
    Pouha tried to play through the injury, but it became apparent that he wasn't the same guy. So he needs to sit into he's ready to go. No point in being out there if you're not helping the team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us