Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams shopping several players ( S jax anyone?) per rotoworld

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Rams shopping several players ( S jax anyone?) per rotoworld

Steven Jackson - RB - Rams
    Appearing on NFL Network's First on the Field, Michael Lombardi said the Rams are "shopping several players" to the rest of the league prior to the October 30 trade deadline.
    Lombardi failed to mention specific names, but the Rams are the youngest team in the league and don't have many veterans that would seem to interest contending teams, aside from Steven Jackson. S-Jax makes sense because he and the Rams restructured his contract, making him a free agent after the 2012 season. He and rookie Daryl Richardson have also been splitting carries in recent weeks. Neither player has found the end zone this season, as the Rams have just one rushing touchdown as a team. Still, it's a long shot that Jackson is traded this week. Rookie GM Les Snead won't be scared to pull the trigger, though.

Here is another...I would think the jets would take a hard look at Sjax to team up with greene. Compensation couldn't be too much since he is going in a contract year....what do guys think it would take to get him and is it worth it?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pass. Steven Jackson ain't what he used to be.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    Pass. Steven Jackson ain't what he used to be.
    Yea that doesn't mean he still doesn't have something left in the tank...I think if they can nab him for a 5th they go do it...We are shot at rb right now and he would help chez out a ton catching balls out of the backfield...who knows just a thought

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

For a broken down running back I'll trade them

Ducasse...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Broken Down Steven Jackson >>>>>>>>>>> Shonn Greene

Sorry but that's my take on this.

I'd try to get him anyway I can....just like I'd try to get MJD anyway I can.

Difference may be that MJD would cost an arm and a leg while Steven would only cost a finger(or two).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I want this woman more!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post

I want this woman more!
    We could probably get her for a 4th.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The worst thing the FO can do is get lulled into thinking last week was "progress" for Greene. Last week was an anomaly, and Steven Jackson is worlds better thn Greene.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    The worst thing the FO can do is get lulled into thinking last week was "progress" for Greene. Last week was an anomaly, and Steven Jackson is worlds better thn Greene.
    Exactly. Last week was a complete aberration.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys think we would have to give up???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks. J Kerl was a fifth. You can get nice players in the fifth. Way better than ten games out of old man Stephen Jackson. I'd do it for a 7th though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    What do you guys think we would have to give up???
    With the way they've been using him it's apparent he's not really in their plans. Add that to the fact he's going into a FA year a conditional 5th is probably the highest his value would be. Maybe even conditional 6th, with provisions that can move it up to a 4th if he or the team meets certain thresholds.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets get a look at Grimes first and really lets just run with what we have and save our draft picks or trades for the draft and start building with young players instead of has beens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless if Jackson or others are available - it's the wrong move for this team. We need to reload with youth. The Jets are NOT superbowl bound this year.

We're on the cusp of either "righting" the ship next off season, or spiralling into a full on rebuild with new management.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    a deal is imminent tanny is itching to make a deal. way too many draft picks wasted on guys who never made the team and he needs to redeem himself this season. i see the jets adding a player or two in a trade.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    a deal is imminent tanny is itching to make a deal. way too many draft picks wasted on guys who never made the team and he needs to redeem himself this season. i see the jets adding a player or two in a trade.
    Good thing your prognostications are never right.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene is terrible.. Sjax is broken down.

Why do people think that adding one running back is going to turn this operation around?

the line is still going to be average. We are still going to have a very mediocre qb, less than avg. wide outs. a d that can't stop the run, a d that can't get off the field on 3rd down, a d that can't rush the passer...

this team is so far from winning anything it's a joke...

I still can't believe people don't value draft picks. Don't be giving up picks! I know tannenbaum can't pick for ****, but just adding older veterans that are on the downside is a joke... See Monk, Lott, Atwater, Favre...

MJD will be on the downhill too as well. Lots of carries in his body.

THIS TEAM NEEDS TO BE REBUILT! Don't just try to plug holes!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    could you enlighten us all on some prognostications that i actually predicted would happen and didnt. when you cant just go away. thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Regardless if Jackson or others are available - it's the wrong move for this team. We need to reload with youth. The Jets are NOT superbowl bound this year.

We're on the cusp of either "righting" the ship next off season, or spiralling into a full on rebuild with new management.
    \

Someone w/ some common sense... Thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    What happened to your avatar?