Thread: Shonn Greene

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Shonn Greene

I don't know what form of hypnosis he's done on Phil Simms but to hear talk about Greene like he's balling is disgusting. This guy is so bad ... last week was NOT the norm. McKnight needs more carries, Grime, Hilliard ... its disgusting

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool story bro

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he had his one good game of the year last game against a horrible dline. He's a lousy jag.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But but but he turned a corner doe, guise! I know he hasn't had a game like last week all year but that doesn't mean it was a fluke. He really is a new man, guise!

lol.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm certainly not the biggest Green fan but he always seems to get better as the season rolls along.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I don't know what form of hypnosis he's done on Phil Simms but to hear talk about Greene like he's balling is disgusting. This guy is so bad ... last week was NOT the norm. McKnight needs more carries, Grime, Hilliard ... its disgusting
    I get all of that. You don't need to be pissed about that. Any educated Jets fan knows that.

My point is, are you suggesting we bench Greene in favor of McKnight??? Hilliard???

That would be foolish. If your otherwise pathetic, sh*tty RB suddenly runs for 160 yards and 3 touchdowns in his last game, you should play your hot hand.

Yes, sprinkle in carries for McKnight and Hilliard, but don't ABANDON your hot hand.

Phil Simms needs to cover 32 teams, not just the Jets. So maybe he's a little less educated then the rest of us. Deal with it. I'm sure you can get over it for the sake of the team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I get all of that. You don't need to be pissed about that. Any educated Jets fan knows that.

My point is, are you suggesting we bench Greene in favor of McKnight??? Hilliard???

That would be foolish. If your otherwise pathetic, sh*tty RB suddenly runs for 160 yards and 3 touchdowns in his last game, you should play your hot hand.

Yes, sprinkle in carries for McKnight and Hilliard, but don't ABANDON your hot hand.

Phil Simms needs to cover 32 teams, not just the Jets. So maybe he's a little less educated then the rest of us. Deal with it. I'm sure you can get over it for the sake of the team.
    your HOT hand? AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

okay man ... anyways man no I didn't say to bench the dude but McKnight and Hilliard getting a couple of more carries wouldn't kill us. Greene doesn't deserve 25-30 carries man ... lol ... he's not a homerun hitter

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    your HOT hand? AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

okay man ... anyways man no I didn't say to bench the dude but McKnight and Hilliard getting a couple of more carries wouldn't kill us. Greene doesn't deserve 25-30 carries man ... lol ... he's not a homerun hitter
    You laugh as though you think McKnight is the answer?! GET REAL. McKnight has been a complete failure just trying to compete for the 2nd string spot BEHIND Shonn Greene. So suggesting McKnight would be the answer when he couldn't even be successful running in the PRESEASON, no less, is completely ludicrous.

If Bilal Powell were healthy, he would be the answer, because he would have EARNED it. Can't say the same thing about McKnight.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    greene's been limber and knocking heads

knocked mayo out for a series or two....i like his play the last two games.

hilliard and reuland have been key

brick has been blovking well aslo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    does not come back into the game after half time of AFC Championship Game at Indy. Had no use for him ever since. Suck it up. He ran against a pop warner team last week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Y
    If Bilal Powell were healthy, he would be the answer, because he would have EARNED it. Can't say the same thing about McKnight.
    Earned it? Fck that sht. I don't care about the moral of the story. Practice means sht when all is said and done. What matters is the product on the field when it's game time. McKnight can break one on any given play. A guy may be great in practice but if he doesn't get it done when it matters then honestly who cares. Chad was the practice king. I'd rather powell then greene but I would like to see what McKnight could do with regular carries.

Not to say McKnight is the answer but he has home run potential. Something the jets have not had at RB since fcking forever.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stupid tebow plays. His value is in making something happen on broken plays and scrambling not a run up the middle when everyone knows what is going to happen. It has become so damn obvious.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And it seems Moore has become a penalty machine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    every week we become more of a joke

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Earned it? Fck that sht. I don't care about the moral of the story. Practice means sht when all is said and done. What matters is the product on the field when it's game time. McKnight can break one on any given play. A guy may be great in practice but if he doesn't get it done when it matters then honestly who cares. Chad was the practice king. I'd rather powell then greene but I would like to see what McKnight could do with regular carries.

Not to say McKnight is the answer but he has home run potential. Something the jets have not had at RB since fcking forever.
    He has home run potential on kickoff returns, NOT in running plays. And please don't pretend he hasn't been given opportunities to run the football. He has. And he hasn't broken a one as of yet. So don't pretend like the guy has home run potential. He doesn't.

This is to say nothing about his fumbling issues in the past. What about the fumbles he had in the preseason?

Let me ask you, what good does McKnight do if he fumbles 3 times in a game?

The hot hand is Greene. HE should be the guy getting the bulk of the carries. Once again, I do think they should use McKnight in the running game, but sparingly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has home run potential on kickoff returns, NOT in running plays. And please don't pretend he hasn't been given opportunities to run the football. He has. And he hasn't broken a one as of yet. So don't pretend like the guy has home run potential. He doesn't.

This is to say nothing about his fumbling issues in the past. What about the fumbles he had in the preseason?

Let me ask you, what good does McKnight do if he fumbles 3 times in a game?

The hot hand is Greene. HE should be the guy getting the bulk of the carries. Once again, I do think they should use McKnight in the running game, but sparingly.
    He just had a 60 yard run last week?