Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Jets Defense BTW - ONLY 1 TD Given Up Last 8 Quarters

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets Defense BTW - ONLY 1 TD Given Up Last 8 Quarters

    Over three consecutive games/versus Houston's Schaub, Indy's Luck, and NE's Brady.

    besides the fact that they have stiffened in real time today against Brady when the Offense went limp, this is some serious;y encouraging stuff.

    Gronk's TD, btw, the only TD given up, was by a HOF caliber talent on a sick catch. Landry had awesome coverage on the play.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, well that changes everything.

    We're still playoff bound, guise!

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Oh, well that changes everything.

    We're still playoff bound, guise!
    it's definitely progress my man.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Over three consecutive games/versus Houston's Schaub, Indy's Luck, and NE's Brady.

    besides the fact that they have stiffened in real time today against Brady when the Offense went limp, this is some serious;y encouraging stuff.

    Gronk's TD, btw, the only TD given up, was by a HOF caliber talent on a sick catch. Landry had awesome coverage on the play.
    Well, isn't that special. They still can't cover the TE. Something they were well aware of last season and they've been gashed in the running game all season long up until now.

    BUT

    BUT

    God forbid we forget to mention that the defense has only given up one touchdown in the last 8 quarters.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely encouraging. Defense has been much better since Coples started getting more PT.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    it's definitely progress my man.
    You'll forgive me if I'm in a bad mood.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, isn't that special. They still can't cover the TE. Something they were well aware of last season and they've been gashed in the running game all season long up until now.

    BUT

    BUT

    God forbid we forget to mention that the defense has only given up one touchdown in the last 8 quarters.
    Gronkowski and Hernandez? the former is the best TE to ever play the game and only in his 3rd year. the latter wld start on most teams.

    u have to give some credit. 3.5 pts per game over 8 qtrs is damn right.

    it's awesome. the defense has been awesome for real playing some of the great talents of the game

    schaub
    kubiak
    foster
    luck
    wayne
    brady
    gronk
    hernandez
    welker
    bellichek
    brady
    NEs running game is a top one in the NFL this year.

    this is close game bc of the defense and folk despite some terrible play by the KO coverage and sanchez

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Definitely encouraging. Defense has been much better since Coples started getting more PT.
    he has been really good.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    D has never been a concern.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Gronkowski and Hernandez? the former is the best TE to ever play the game and only in his 3rd year. the latter wld start on most teams.

    u have to give some credit. 3.5 pts per game over 8 qtrs is damn right.

    it's awesome. the defense has been awesome for real playing some of the great talents of the game

    schaub
    kubiak
    foster
    luck
    wayne
    brady
    gronk
    hernandez
    welker
    bellichek
    brady
    NEs running game is a top one in the NFL this year.

    this is close game bc of the defense and folk despite some terrible play by the KO coverage and sanchez
    The BEST to ever play the game?! For christ sake, how old are you?

    Mark Bavaro, Kellen Winslow, Ozzie Newsome, are just three that say hello.

    When you get out of grammar school, maybe you'll be able to conduct an intelligent football conversation.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    D has never been a concern.
    yeah, it kinda was.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    yeah, it kinda was.
    No it's O, just like this game.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No it's O, just like this game.
    yeah but the D has been holding up here....the O has made mucho mistakes, yeas. that doesn't change.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Over three consecutive games/versus Houston's Schaub, Indy's Luck, and NE's Brady.

    besides the fact that they have stiffened in real time today against Brady when the Offense went limp, this is some serious;y encouraging stuff.

    Gronk's TD, btw, the only TD given up, was by a HOF caliber talent on a sick catch. Landry had awesome coverage on the play.
    I can hear Rex boasting about it now in defeat..........bunch of ass-clowns who run our favorite team.

  15. #15
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would possibly be doing better if offense could stay on longer..defense is getting tired

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan96 View Post
    Would possibly be doing better if offense could stay on longer..defense is getting tired
    Maybe if the HC and FO took the offense more seriously they'd have more of a chance to stay on the field longer.......Its never their focus

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    ey - im proud of the squad on D.

    Rex has adjusted.

    see Scott in much?

    its davis.

    lets see how the story ends.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us