Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Look Back: Jets trade up and take USC QB Mark Sanchez with fifth overall pick

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    It was the right move. We had no other alternative.
    Wrong,the alternative is playing in Tampa and we would have had our 2nd round pick.Maybe we could have gotten Harvin with that pick and gotten the playmaker we traded for when we traded for Holmes.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Reading that line, it's sad to think the Browns probably got the better end of the deal.

I still recall my dream scenario for that draft was to trade down and draft Hakeem Nicks. Ah well.
    The Browns got Alex Mack and a bunch of picks that draft didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    We basically traded a 2nd round pick for Sanchez. No harm no foul. Go get another QB please.
    Trading up to mark Sanchez was a great move. He is technically sound, great footwork, great delivery, seems like a great guy and was the number 1 qb in the nation coming out of h.s.

But he busted. It happens. It doesn't mean that pick at the time was terrible. The only screw up is not knowing when to move on. You need a stud qb to win a superbowl in this league. We all know it's not mark, so time to move on.

Btw I'm hoping our next qb has far more college experience....I think it was one of the major factors that killed Sanchez. His college coach was right--- he wasn't ready to come out....
    Last edited by KR; 10-21-2012 at 09:56 PM.