Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparano is so bad

Sparano is so bad

that goal line call was beyond terrible. Forget the fact that their defense is completely set up for a play fake on 3rd and 1. Forget the fact we run on 3rd and short 3 times in a row on the drive and get it with EASE. He comes out 4 Wide ... Shotgun? Yeah I said it ... This guy is so bad. I wish we hired Haley ..... I love the more vertical approach but it doesn't mean this guy knows what he's doing. We look like we're running the same 5 plays all game .... When can we find a credible OC for christ sakes. One that is money with the calls and one who knows how to keep defenses off balanced. Is it that hard to find?

All League
    when we fire the GM, fire the Head Coach, and Woody takes the team more seriously then just a trophy or hobby.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    that goal line call was beyond terrible. Forget the fact that their defense is completely set up for a play fake on 3rd and 1. Forget the fact we run on 3rd and short 3 times in a row on the drive and get it with EASE. He comes out 4 Wide ... Shotgun? Yeah I said it ... This guy is so bad. I wish we hired Haley ..... I love the more vertical approach but it doesn't mean this guy knows what he's doing. We look like we're running the same 5 plays all game .... When can we find a credible OC for christ sakes. One that is money with the calls and one who knows how to keep defenses off balanced. Is it that hard to find?
    I think that call will end up costing them the game. It was beyond stupid.

He should be punched right in the face for calling that shotgun formation on 3rd and 1 from the 2. Just moronic.

The Jets have had their way up the middle all day long.

I'm disgusted.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Game was over with that call right there. Over. Over. Over.

All League
    Start another thread, tool.

All Pro
    All the hard-won momentum was lost with that play, all the effort in coming back was lost. The Jets lost the game with that play-call. It was beyond horrendous. Just run the damn ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    when we fire the GM, fire the Head Coach, and Woody takes the team more seriously then just a trophy or hobby.
    Woody's ownership is the most depressing of all. It doesnt appear he will go anywhere for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I disagree. I thought it was great and it would have worked if Sanchez hadn't thrown off target. On a play like that, you expect tight coverage, therefore it is incumbent on the QB to place the football right between the numbers. Sanchez didn't do that. The ball was actually just beyond the outstretched hands of Schilens. That's on Sanchez.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I disagree. I thought it was great and it would have worked if Sanchez hadn't thrown off target. On a play like that, you expect tight coverage, therefore it is incumbent on the QB to place the football right between the numbers. Sanchez didn't do that. The ball was actually just beyond the outstretched hands of Schilens. That's on Sanchez.
    Not surprising coming from you. You are as biased as it comes.

Running on 3rd and 1 has been PERFECT. Not 80%, not 90%, PERFECT.

YOU HAVE TO RUN THE BALL THERE, not once but TWICE.

Any coach worth his salt would know we wouldn't be down in the endzone frequently, when we are down there you HAVE to score TD's especially when down by 6.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Not surprising coming from you. You are as biased as it comes.

Running on 3rd and 1 has been PERFECT. Not 80%, not 90%, PERFECT.

YOU HAVE TO RUN THE BALL THERE, not once but TWICE.

Any coach worth his salt would know we wouldn't be down in the endzone frequently, when we are down there you HAVE to score TD's especially when down by 6.
    Look, I don't disagree with running the ball there. It was probably the best call, but Sparano's playcall only did not work because of our QB. ANY other QB makes that completion and we get the TD. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

He should be punched right in the face for calling that shotgun formation on 3rd and 1 from the 2. Just moronic.

I'm disgusted.
    I totally agree, ridiculous.

What was the hurry signing this guy? What!!??

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

I'm disgusted.
    moronano should be fired on the spot

On a third and one,when you have been running the ball well.You have a running back who is perfect for the season on 3rd and 1.You also have a 250 lb tank you can line up at qb who is always good for 3 yards.

Horrible,horrible play call

Hall Of Fame
    All due respect but what were you guys expecting from him. He was a failed HC whose claim to fame was a HS offense.

Everything Jets fans said about him before he became our OC is still true. Yet when he became our OC many people pretended like he was a different person.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    On a third and one,when you have been running the ball well.You have a running back who is perfect for the season on 3rd and 1.You also have a 250 lb tank you can line up at qb who is always good for 3 yards.

Horrible,horrible play call
    There are a hundred plays he could have called that would've been better.

If he thought they absolutely HAD to throw it there, why not try play action?

I still stand by the run the damn ball statement.

Don't preach about ground and pound then line up in shotgun on 3rd and 1 from the 2.

Unacceptable.

I guarantee Tebow gets the 1st down there.

Greene would've probably gotten it as well.

SOOOO stupid.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What was the hurry signing this guy? What!!??
    No one else in the NFL wanted the job due to lack of talented playmakers and a shoddy line.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Woody is barely paying attention to this team until the election is over. It's disgusting..

I like the structure of Sparano's offense, it's a huge improvement over our previous OC. But the situational playcalling and the use of Tebow makes me scratch my head.

I don't like using Tebow on 2nd down. I don't like Tebow being lined up anywhere but QB. I don't like that we (almost) never let Tebow throw the ball. I don't like that Tebow (almost) never gets more than 1 play at a time. Put him in at the start of series and have him run 3-5 plays, then take him out. Other than that, only bring him in 3rd & short or when we're inside the 5. We talk about Sanchez's rhythm, but I think Tebow would appreciate some rhythm as well. When he gets on the field seems almost completely random.

Sparano and Rex both prefer a conservative approach to offense, and I'm always going to have a bit of a problem with that. My favorite offense ever was the Greatest Show on Turf. Lots of yards, lots of points, tons of big plays..........lots of turnovers. Whatever, I'll take the points.

Veteran
    Sparano is just like shotty 2.0. Glad lucas is calling him out in SNY. We can't play for FG vs the pats. 3rd and 1 near the goal line, and we go shotgun no rb pass to Chadz. Horrible playcalling.