Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen Hill

All Pro
    Speaking of as Chaz ,he sured disappeared today. What he didnt want to ruin future relations?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    We're a competitive football team now. We want to be a good one in a year or two, and the way to do that is to see if our draft picks can play NFL football.

Schilens would have caught that ball, though, and he deserves more looks than he's getting.
    Schillens is not getting off jams he would not have been open.. Hill gets open and made a crucial mistake. But to say he doesn't belong on the field is foolish.. His future seems bright to me.. But hey let's pretend that one drop , was as big as giving up a safety or not going for it on 4th and 1 .. Or the multiple drops by schillings in the redzone..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    the guy damn near had tears in his eyes when folk made the FG to tie the game. he made a mistake, it's going to happen.

there were two other parts of Hill's game today that stood out to me more than making a crucial drop. On that awful Sanchez INT, he's gotta learn that he becomes the defender on that play. It had enough hang time that he could get up there and break the play up, possibly even make the catch. Before I'm called a Sanchez apologist, it was an awful, awful pass on Mark's part. Not putting the blame on Hill, just saying he needs to react there.

second there was a catch where he went up for it, caught it, and hit the ground without being touched and stayed there. This isn't college anymore, you're not down, get up and go. Might have gained an extra 10 yards at the time, but it's building that awareness of his overall game.

Tough loss, but Hill played a good game today. Not his fault. Mistakes happen.
    More of this.

+11111111

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    There will be fingers pointed all around, but if this guy does his job we win this thing. No doubt in my mind.
    yup. all alone. He makes that catch, 1st down, run the clock down, maybe a TD. Its on Hill.

We played not to lose and we did. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    yup. all alone. He makes that catch, 1st down, run the clock down, maybe a TD. Its on Hill.
    And If Sanchez doesn't fumble we might have won ...

It was a big play and Hill choked.

You could also make a case for Cro costing the Jets the game by dropping a gimme interception in Patriot territory.

If he really wants us to believe he's the second best receiver on the roster, he needs to make that catch.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets4life View Post
    It was a big play and Hill choked.

You could also make a case for Cro costing the Jets the game by dropping a gimme interception in Patriot territory.

If he really wants us to believe he's the second best receiver on the roster, he needs to make that catch.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Pats punt a few plays after the dropped INT anyway?

he is a rookie
    he could come back next week and be a beast

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers1 View Post
    he is a rookie
    he could come back next week and be a beast
    and I hope he does.

I think he can be an all-pro some day.

But that drop really, really hurt.

edwards or burress catch that pass. hows that rookie looking now?

Hill is a rookie who will make rookie mistakes.

Sanchez is a 4th year player who still makes rookie mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    the guy damn near had tears in his eyes when folk made the FG to tie the game. he made a mistake, it's going to happen.

there were two other parts of Hill's game today that stood out to me more than making a crucial drop. On that awful Sanchez INT, he's gotta learn that he becomes the defender on that play. It had enough hang time that he could get up there and break the play up, possibly even make the catch. Before I'm called a Sanchez apologist, it was an awful, awful pass on Mark's part. Not putting the blame on Hill, just saying he needs to react there.

second there was a catch where he went up for it, caught it, and hit the ground without being touched and stayed there. This isn't college anymore, you're not down, get up and go. Might have gained an extra 10 yards at the time, but it's building that awareness of his overall game.

Tough loss, but Hill played a good game today. Not his fault. Mistakes happen.
    That throw just was patented mark Sanchez. He just doesn't know how to throw someone open, or throw accurately. 31 other qb's make that throw---hill was open by 10 yards. He throws that ball so late, and throws it softly. Agree with you about how poor the throw was.

Btw hill is killing Blackmon and most other nfl rookie wrs. He is the most raw guy out there but blocking his ass off, making most of his catches, and clearing out the defense like whoa. He will always drop some balls ala T.O. People. Get used to it. If he didn't drop an occasionally throw he would never have been available for us in round 2.

Stephen Hill has a Bright future here and is playing so much better then any of us thought. Can't blame a game full of inaccuracy and turnovers by our qb, a safety, and special teams td on Stephen hill. You people are crazy
    Last edited by KR; 10-21-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Veteran
    After thinking about it, the only way Hill's drop really made a difference is is you think the Jets were going to get a TD afterwards. They were down by 3 and ended up kicking the tying field goal, then getting the ball back b/c of the fumble.

Had Hill caught the pass, the Pats had all 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning. There's no way the Pats weren't going to get the ball back, either tied or down by four.

The drop today was no doubt a killer,but I think Hill is gonna be pretty good.